[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw gym is closed on christmas
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3
File: 1417048937210.jpg (55 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
1417048937210.jpg
55 KB, 500x400
>tfw gym is closed on christmas
>>
>Forced to eat with extended family
>Forced to not exercise
>Forced to be happy
>>
>my office provides us a really great gym with shower rooms
>I'm not an autist and no one else lifts in my workplace, so it's empty even at 4-6 pm save for a few gym bunnies and fotm fitness group (yoga, insanity, etc)
>it's open from 5 am to 9 pm, even during holidays
The only thing I hate is that we only have 8x 10kg pl8s and 2x 15kg pl8s. I'm already at 100kg bench so I will probably have to move out soon, but damn just adding 5kg at 100kg is taking so long, literally stuck for almost a month now.
>>
It's Jewish oppression OP, all my oy veys. Remember the shoah
>>
File: 1444034672659.jpg (148 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1444034672659.jpg
148 KB, 1024x1024
>tfw home gym master race
>>
24/7 gym
I'll be there at midnight xmas and new years eve probably...
>>
>>35327173
amen
>>
>tfw gym is closed unless you book a PT session
>>
>>35328463
Same here. Lol.
>>
>>35327322
wouldn't it be cheaper for you to just buy 20kg plates for the office gym ?
>>
>>35328463
same here brah..well not midnight though, fuck that

I'm interested to see how many people are at my gym on christmas day, real testament to who is serious.
>>
>>35327372

How have people not figured this shit out yet? the equipment costs as much as a a years' gym membership but you have it forever and no other faggots use it.

This thread is now about why people overpay to go to the gym.
>>
>>35328572
I signed up for my first gym at the start of this month after looking at membership costs for 3 years vs building my own home gym in the spare room

£11/m x3 = £400 and even bumping that up to £25 gives a £900 budget

For £900 you'll be lucky to buy a used multi gym, squatting rack and a set of 20-60kg dumbbells let alone half of the basic requirements for a gym

Don't know where you're getting 3 years membership costs let alone 1 years
>>
>>35328572
I have a home gym but am currently paying for a gym membership over the winter. It gets so fucking cold in my garage that almost every year I just stop lifting. So instead I pay for 3-4 months for a membership and get a nice warm environment to lift in.

Also its a totally different experience lifting with other people every where, find I tend to go a bit harder/lift longer because I took time out of my day to drive to the gym.
>>
not mine :^)))
>>
>>35328619
You can get like a full home gym setup going for practically nothing if you buy used. Just need to regularly check kijiji/craigslist/local thrift store (if they carry that stuff).
>>
>>35328572
Because I'd say most of the people on this board aren't old enough to into home ownership and are living in rented spaces like apartments and shit
>>
>>35328572

>having home gym
>missing out on social interactions with both guys and girls
>inb4 i go to jim to train cause im macho man
>>
>>35328637
I looked in depth. I found a cheap shitty bottom of the range multi gym for £200 with up to 150kg, a set of 20-50kg dumbbells for £250~ and a pullup bar + bench + roller + balls + resistance bands etc for maybe less than £100

Even with just those few shitty tiny items you're breaking a years budget at a gym, so don't give me that
>>
>>35328463

leave stockings full of protein bars and sweat bands on the racked barbells.
>>
>>35327173

Find a proper gym then, stop training at shitty commercial gyms.
>>
>>35328619
>used multi gym

No wonder, you faggot. You only need a squat rack/powerrack, a bench, and a barbell and weights.
>>
>>35326636
>gym is closed christmas and new years and new years eve
>family planning big meal
FUCK
>>
>>35328711
I got a full power cage, bench, two full sets of plates, dumbells up to 50, some wierd isolation machine and couple other pieces of equipment all for about $1000. That is about 2 1/2 years of paying for a commercial gym where I live.

So unless you plan on lifting for a year or two and quitting, home gym is cheaper. Although I don't think there is anything wrong with paying to go to a gym, some people prefer that environment.

Cost wise, home gym is much cheaper in the long run.
>>
>>35326636
>tfw going to parents cottage for christmas
>tfw missing out on glorious christmas bulking
>>
>>35327173
>Sitting on a table where everyone takes turn bigging up their lifestyles
>Being around obnoxious children
>The whole phony Christmas experience

Fuck off pleb
>>
>>35326636
Homegym masterrace. Going to have a deadlift party with my family. Most of them don't even lift but they like to deadlift.
>>
>>35328912
am I being memed right now?
>>
>>35328860
I guess that's the separator, the cost of the gym. Here it just doesn't make sense to pay more than £3-500 for a home gym vs the same equipment and tons more unless you know you're going to be using your home gym for more than a few years and not moving, changing, need more space etc

Nothing wrong with either or even both though I guess and for some people each make sense, fair comment
>>
File: 1437495972712.jpg (931 KB, 752x984) Image search: [Google]
1437495972712.jpg
931 KB, 752x984
>>35328860
>>35328711

It's almost as if supply and demand affect prices and availability of commodities depending on where you are geographically
>>
>>35329308
there is always more supply than demand for used fitness gear imo (in NA at least). More fatties who think buying equipment will make them workout then sell that two months down the line when it collects dust and reminds them of how much of a failure they are.
>>
>>35328572
To meet grills
>>
>>35328572
nigga im 18 in college, i cant afford a house let alone a home gym
>>
>>35328572
My gym has a small weight room, but its mostly a martial arts gym
>>
>>35328812
Are you retarded?
Shitty commercial gyms are the gyms that are open during holidays
>>
>>35326636
>not belonging to a 24 hour keycard gym

bro
>>
>>35328572
Because I'm a fucking college student who doesn't have a place of his own.
>>
I remember going to the gym on Christmas. It was only dedicated lifters. 90% of the people there were male, and the cardio machines were more empty than the weights
>>
>>35326636

rest days = growth, anon

you know you grow when you rest not when you lift right? I made big gains after taking a full week off, fully recovered and broke through plateaus after that.
>>
>not doing a light week every 4-6 weeks
It's like you don't even want optimal gains and are just a dumb monkey who lifts to avoid facing the world.
>>
So I just currently started a PPL routine doing push/pull/leg/rest/repeat and tomorrow is legs with the 23rd being rest but since my gym is closed on the 25th should I take do push on the 23rd and pull on the 24th and rest on the 25th or should I take my normal rest day on the 23rd, come in and do a full body work out on the 24th and rest again on the 25th?
>>
>>35327173
Amen
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.