[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is he right, /fit/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: protein.png (19 KB, 659x352) Image search: [Google]
protein.png
19 KB, 659x352
Is he right, /fit/?
>>
yes, everything people post on facebook is always right
>>
No he's fucking retarded and doesnt understand human biology on even a highschool level. Protein powder is overrated and not as good as just eating real food but its still fucking protein
>>
POST HIS BODY
>>
>>35323782
>>35323791
he's a semi famous personal trainer in my area he pushes veganism really hard but seems to get results
>>
>>35323779
No.

also
>increases glycogen storage
>turns into glucose

kek. this guys retarded
>>
File: body.jpg (55 KB, 451x648) Image search: [Google]
body.jpg
55 KB, 451x648
>>35323803
>>35323782
>>35323791

in all seriousness guys why does he look like this then and why is he considered a reputable pt?
>>
File: 1449204207706-b.gif (712 KB, 600x525) Image search: [Google]
1449204207706-b.gif
712 KB, 600x525
>>35323814
>Kek
>Implying glycogen=glucose
>Mfw
>>
>implying everything you eat doesn't end up, in part, as glucose

Your brain runs on one thing and one thing only
>>
>>35323858
thats my point dipshit.
>>
>>35323810
>veganism
Dropped.
>>
>>35323779
No.

It has been shown that ingestion of protein post-workout enhances the rate of synthesis of myofibrils(the part of the muscle cells that do the work). Sorry the top source has to paid for full text.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24870574
http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0088384

Furthermore this guy clearly has no fucking clue about what goes on metabolically at molecular scale. It's pretty damn metabolically expensive for the body to change amino acids taken from proteins into oxaloacetate, then all the way up through 9 gluconeogenic reactions to glucose-6-phosphate which is used to form glycogen. If your body needs to rebuild muscle fibres it's gonna need amino acids and the best place to get them is from the blood, so common sense dictates having amino acids available will help recovery. As for the whole glycogen reloading thing, yeah you deplete muscle and probably some liver glycogen over the workout, but carbs are the best source for glycogen formation. Will eating carbs after a workout with protein help replenish glycogen faster? Jury's still out, I found this article but it has no methods or citations are anything so it may just be made up bullshit.
http://thesportjournal.org/article/glycogen-replenishment-after-exhaustive-exercise/

Tl;dr this guys a fucking idiot drink your damn protein shake it does help
>>
>>35323844
He is still entirely fucking wrong about this part of metabolism, but you could still look like that with plenty of training and correct nutrition, it's just that the route he took wasn't the most efficient, and he probably isn't hitting his maximum potential. Also:
>pump
>lighting
>pose
That's how he looks like that pic, he's not even that cut, but he has a good orion's belt for the bf%
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.