[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: gym retards
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (192 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
192 KB, 640x1136
Just a friendly reminder that New Years is right around the corner. Saw this at the gym today.
>>
>>35323464
So you're the retard? There's a purpose to that. Just because it's not squatting or deadlifting, doesn't mean it's a bullshit exercise. Although he imporved because he probably didn't have bands, it's more or less the same thing.
>>
>>35323464
What's it like knowing everything after only lifting for 7 months?...
>>
>>35323512
Lol if you aren't at least advanced level in your numbers there is literally no reason for bands/chains/or any other bullshit in your routine
>>
>>35323464
You know this is an actual exercise right? Guys at my gym use heavy chains instead of kettle bells.
Still new to /fit/ eh? Have you tried gomad yet?
>>
>>35323464
is that lil dicky
>>
File: Ye.At.The.Gallery.jpg (173 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
Ye.At.The.Gallery.jpg
173 KB, 700x525
>>35323556
Not op but I'm going to go ahead and say that just because this is "an exercise" doesn't mean it should be.

What is this accomplishing that cannot be accomplished by my own routine?
>>
>>35323582
chaos bench, meant to train stabilizing muscles for bench press on dynamic effort days.
>>
Saw a guy doing deadlifts with both palms reverse grip and his upper back was rounded. His arms weren't straight either he had a slight bend in them
>>
>>35323611
Why not just db bench instead? Stabilizing muscles get trained and you don't have to add funky gadgets to the barbell
>>
>>35323651
it's more of a movement for intermediate-advanced level powerlifters who don't want to stress their CNS for every bench day of the week. I agree that dumbbell bench would be better for hypertrophy, but it's more to just get blood in the muscles and move around a little while still working on some aspect of the bench press.
>>
>>35323512
the weights swing around causing him to lose balance.
it is really dangerous.
>>
File: 1404812447354.gif (1 MB, 260x260) Image search: [Google]
1404812447354.gif
1 MB, 260x260
>>35323673
>it's more of a movement for intermediate-advanced level powerlifters
Like the guy in OP's pic?
>>
>>35323673
I'm sure it takes a while before he can get a solid pump into that muscle.
>>
>>35323582
his moles bother me, i want to cut them off.
>>
Chick at the gym today spent an hour doing abs. She loaded about 50lbs of plates onto her stomach and only got an inch off the ground. Had the hugest scowl on her face the entire time too.
>>
I'm locked into PermaBulk mode currently and can't wait to go to a new gym on January first and see the regulars roll their eyes until I get into the rack and work up to 525.
>>
>>35323563
WHERE THE GOLD AT BABY? WHERE CLOTHES AT BABY? WHERE THE DOUGH AT BABY?
>>
File: image.jpg (9 KB, 190x188) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
9 KB, 190x188
>>35323733
Back extensions while you eat. Thats commitment
>>
>>35325106
Oh shit i just realized planet fitness has a pizza day. How the hell does that work?
>>
will we get a new sir comic this year guys ?
>>
>>35323556
ok but when you use a chain the weight increases throughout the rep as more of the chain comes off the ground. with a kettlebell (especially with how short the bands are) the weight remains constant as soon as it leaves the floor.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.