[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's a (cheap) sport that requires a high level of all
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3
File: 1450211521154.jpg (111 KB, 1080x1116) Image search: [Google]
1450211521154.jpg
111 KB, 1080x1116
What's a (cheap) sport that requires a high level of all round fitness?
Something similar to what military guys would get but without actually joining the military...
I'm thinking something like field hockey because you need the endurance to go a full game but still sprint and have good upper body strength. But throw any ideas at me guys.
>>
>>35323419
basketball is cheap and you need strong legs to be explosive and to jump. Also driving to the paint takes upper body strength too.
ballislife nigg
>>
>>35323419
I also agree with basketball, if you're tall, you really need no skill whatsoever besides athleticism to be good.
>>
Where the fuck you gonna find a group of people to play field hockey with? Basketball or soccer are the correct answers
>>
>>35323452
>>35323435
Basketball would probably be pretty easy for me to get into since there's a number of clubs around. Though I'm only 176cm/5ft9in...
>>
>>35323461
It's actually a pretty big sport where I live
>>
>>35323419
Backyard boxing.
>>
Racquetball, not even joking. Solo or against someone
>>
Climbing
Join a local club. Fun as fuck and a great work out.
>>
>>35323466

Learn to shoot
>>
>>35323419
Lacrosse is a good option for an all around sport
Legs for the running
Upper body for shooting
Combo for hitting
>>
>>35323466
Manlets when will they learn. Tbh though play soccer, basketball or rugby/american football. They're all good for general fitness and athleticism.
>>
>>35323541
Yeah but it's for fags.
>>
>>35323419
Wrestling
extremely tough on your body and exhausting
Lots of strength and endurance
>>
>>35323419

Some form of wrestling/grappling
Muay Thai
>>
>>35323419
tennis
>>
>>35323419
Wrestling, boxing, muay thai, judo
>>
>>35323554
At younger ages yes, adult leagues are fine if you get away from the native americans
>>
File: 1448014558064.jpg (96 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
1448014558064.jpg
96 KB, 768x1024
Hey guys, OP here.

I've never really done any fighting or been into contact sports. What's it like being a small guy and a beginner going into these sports?
>>
Hockey is cheap if you aren't a peasant
>>
>>35324327
Speaking for contact sports
If you're a small guy and a beginner you're going to get pushed around no questions
A good coach will get you mostly out of the way of the brutes but it's generally unavoidable if you have any contact with the ball, you'll learn to take hits and avoid them quickly
>>
>>35324327
I've always loved contact sports. I even used to get fouled for making contact in basketball. I promise I'm not a fag though. It's really fun. I'm just going to leave it at that.
>>
>>35324246
Do women play along with men?
>>
File: haskell.jpg (69 KB, 736x948) Image search: [Google]
haskell.jpg
69 KB, 736x948
>>35323419

Rugby. It's the perfect /fit/ sport - big gym culture, a lot of dudes blasting roids, lots of sweaty muscular blokes wrestling in the mud and the qts love a rugger bugger,

Also, you will get a physique like pic related.
>>
>>35323419
Soccer.
>>
squash is incredibly exhausting and fun to play
>>
>>35323419
Boxing but you do need coordination
>>
MMA and/or Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. There's a large overlap anyway.

Also, freestyle/greco-roman/catch/shoot/collegiate wrestling
>>
Wrestling is the only answer
>>
>>35325211
This
If you do any other sport, you're just fucking around
>>
>>35324791
BJJ is the only sport I've ever really enjoyed. I'm not personable enough for true team sports, BJJs the right mix of social and competitive for me, and you can be as intense about it as you wanna be. I suspect that OP is in Europe though and there's not nearly as much BJJ there.
>>
>>35323419
>What's a (cheap) sport that requires a high level of all round fitness?
e-sport
>>
>>35323419
rugby
>>
I've been getting into paintball recently. It involves a ton of sprinting, crouching, crawling, climbing, etc. as well as the obvious aim-skills and tactics. It's a good workout, fun as shit and much less expensive than you'd think.
>>
>>35327639
How much does it cost?
>>
Triathlon. Get a basic bike and running shoes, training will target a lot of different muscle groups and increase aerobic fitness
>>
>>35323466
get ready to get blocked my nig
>>
Wrestling or jiu-jitsu....just remember to kiss your partner on the lips before to assert dominance
>>
As another guy already said, rock climbing is pretty fit, not a huge amount of endurance (But you can put some focus on that still if you want)
Costs for a pair of climbing shoes, costs around as much as a pair of decent running shoes.
This is with bouldering in mind of course
>>
>>35328559
The range I go to $25 gets you a rental gun, 200 paintballs, and free air refills all day. Paintballs are $10 for 500. Last time I played, I shot about 1000 paintballs over 8 hours. Played all day from 9am-5pm for just over $45. Would have been even cheaper if I'd brought my own gun.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.