[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm out guys. Been on a 1k calorie deficit for a month and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4
File: 1437118097292.jpg (116 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1437118097292.jpg
116 KB, 800x800
I'm out guys. Been on a 1k calorie deficit for a month and have hit the gym for 40 mins of cardio + lifting every single day. Checked the scale today and I've somehow gained 3kg. This is fucking bullshit and I feel bad for any suckers who fall for the fit meme.
>>
Learn to count your calories better then. You either have a condition and need to see a doctor, or you miscounted your calories. My money, and the odds, are on the latter
>>
>>35323021
Nice meme spouting cunt. I counted them fine. Turns out a board full of autists on a chinese cartoon board know fucking nothing about weight loss, go figure.
>>
>>35322994
Be honest with yourself. How well are you counting your calories.

If that checks out, it could just be water weight. When are you weighing yourself. If you're doing cardio, you might just be drinking a lot of water, as you should.
>>
>>35322994
You have gained weight because you have grown a large penis on your forehead.
>>
>>35322994
Not everyone burns 2000 calories per day. I remember hearing about one chick who only burned 800. Figure out how much you actually burn per day and get tighter on your calorie count.

Also, you could be gaining muscle mass too. Not enough to gain 6 pounds after a month of cutting, but some at least.
>>
File: N4fc2b984b153b.jpg (20 KB, 285x371) Image search: [Google]
N4fc2b984b153b.jpg
20 KB, 285x371
looks like you never wanna be a sack cunt m8
>>
>>35323055
Stop being a faggot you obviously miscounted
>>
>>35322994
0/10 shitpost lol
>>
I tried cutting at 1700 cals and wasn't losing shit. Upped my cals to 1900 and started losing 1lb per week. Starvation mode is a real thing.
>>
Guys... I'm 21 and I wanna change my shitty lifestyle... I'm about 120 kg how do I start? I don't drink or smoke and I'm sedentary. So how do I start? Eating vegetables and shit and walking?
>>
>>35323127
NO IT'S NOT OH MY GOD I POST AT LEAST 4 TIMES A DAY IN DETAIL ABOUT HOW THIS SHIT ISN'T REAL. I give up. Fuck brehs, go ahead, keep thinking your body can magically just choose to stop using calories and save them instead.
>>
>>35323204
>magically just choose to stop using calories and save them instead
It's called lowering the rate of metabolism and it's been thoroughly proven to happen when calories are drastically reduced.
>>
>>35322994
You're not on a deficit
>>
>>35323245
maybe if you eat 300 calories a day that would happen, but definitely not at 1700.
>>
>>35323332
And yet there are huge amounts of evidence, including OP, that you're wrong
>>
>>35323127
>Starvation mode
jesus christ, even the fucking wikipedia page about 'starvation mode' is full of nothing but bullshit and [citation needed]
>>
>>35322994
NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS IT HURTS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESSNESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS
>>
>>35323172
Start by reading the sticky amigo.
>>
>>35323391
Daily reminder that Mother 3 was better than Earthbound.
>>35323127
>starvation mode causes you to gain weight from energy that isn't there
Literally what
>>
>>35323368
Please enlighten us by showing some evidence.
>>
Carbs
>>
>>35322994

what >>35323021 said.

I've lost 25lbs on a 750 cal deficit, eating like shit too.
candy, diet pop, you name it.

>it's not healthy but cals in cals out :^)
>>
when you calc TDEE always choose sedentary
>>
>>35323245
Yeah genius, when you lose weight, your body requires less calories to exist. It doesn't nullify a calorie deficit. When you lose weight, you experience metabolic adaptation. Your body adapts to the amount of calories you're eating... but it's very insignificant and it's dependent on how much weight you lose, NOT how many calories you eat. How come people with anorexia keep losing weight indefinitely until they die? Shouldn't their body store all calories as fat instantly and therefore their weight never moves? Your body just can't shut down that many processes while still living to make your metabolism so slow that you no longer lose weight on a calorie deficit. You can't adapt that far. For example, in the often-inappropriately quoted Minnesota Starvation Study, the men didn't start experiencing major effects of "starvation mode" until they were at about 5% bf. Starvation mode is honestly not real at all in the way that people use it. It only happens if you are ACTUALLY fucking starving, not cutting hard for like a week...
>>
>>35323460
Except that OP clearly said that he was on a deficit and was GAINING weight, not losing it.
>>
>>35322994
What have you been using to keep track of your calories?
Post food diary/equivalent.
If you haven't been keeping a written record of what you're eating, you're almost certainly miscalculating your calorie intake.
>>
>>35323505
I was referring to another poster who said they ate 1700 cals a day and didn't lose weight, but did at 1900 cals because muh starvation mode. Which makes no sense.

As for OP, that's probably just a shitpost. It's the exact thing every fatty on tumblr says. There are no studies that suggest you can gain weight on a calorie deficit. You can only underestimate how much food you're eating, overestimate how many calories you're burning, and/or miscalculate your TDEE.
>>
>>35323505
That's because OP isn't on a deficit. There's one of 3 options: 1) they're shitposting 2) they're not counting calories 3) they miscalculated their TDEE
>>
>>35322994
Bet you didnt count that tripple-wip-choco-latte-creamachoonie because it's just coffee, right?
>>
>>35323427
How do you feel about having only lost muscle?
>>
File: 1449470432546.jpg (36 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1449470432546.jpg
36 KB, 960x960
>>35324966
okay doc
>>
>>35323055
I lost 14 kg from may to september by eating at a 1K calorie deficit
>>
>>35322994
>tfw 1k deficit and exercise but 3kg gained
>tfw mummy makes me too many tendies for finding
>tfw GOMAD with eggnog
>tfw 40 minutes of the leg closing machine and I don't have good arms
>>
>>35323055
bro if u were in a 1k defecit and u gained weight guess what u fucking idiot u werent in a defecit
fuckin fat people
>>
>>35322994
What do you think you are burning a day? If you use an estimator and input a higher activity level than you should everything is off.
>>
>>35323069
>what is TDDD
>>
>>35323055
maybe ur TDEE is lower than you think?
im 6'2 and I bulk on max 2500 and cut on 900 minimum calories (I am a very active person)

I see people below 6' bulking on 4-5k calories and not gaining weight

not everyone is the same m8, some people just have shit genetics and the people on /fit/ can't give u advice since they think that what works for them works for others
>>
>>35322994
I...feel...h.a.p.p.y
>>
File: j75vIc8.png (89 KB, 524x499) Image search: [Google]
j75vIc8.png
89 KB, 524x499
Bait thread full of low tier bait. News at 11.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.