[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any way to stay /fit/ as a trucker?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: Truck_cab.jpg (979 KB, 2272x1704) Image search: [Google]
Truck_cab.jpg
979 KB, 2272x1704
Is there any way to stay /fit/ as a trucker?
>>
Keep a barbell and 225lbs in plates in your cab or trailer.
>>
do you not have an hour of not trucking every day to work out?

also take DNP
>>
Most gyms have a reasonable daily rate. It's also a great place to grab a soak in a hot tub, a sauna and a real shower.
>>
>>35322913
Didn't know that was a thing. Sounds like a great idea.
>>
>>35322698
Whatever you choose to do, you've got leg day sorted out
>>
>>35322934
It is. I do it often as I travel a lot and most hotel fitness centers suck.
>>
File: over-the-top[1].jpg (35 KB, 425x586) Image search: [Google]
over-the-top[1].jpg
35 KB, 425x586
>>35322698
Get into arm wrestling.
>>
>>35322698
curls in the cockpit
>>
>>35322698
Dance in your seat to intense anime music
>>
File: truck-pull.jpg (70 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
truck-pull.jpg
70 KB, 640x427
>>35322698
>>
>>35322698
maybe keep a mini-fridge with healthy, pre-made meals in cabin or whatever

i don't have that much knowledge of how a trucker operates, but i imagine they must always get their food at truck stops, and pretty much everything at those are shit, so hence the healthy pre-made meals
>>
>>35322698
Breh.

I'm a trucker. Used to work for Stevens, now for a company that gets me home every night. I can give you a few pointers.

>keep weights in the truck. Hit them often.
>be picky about where you eat. TA and Pedro are shit
>keep that cooler full of good food
>rice cooker + brown rice + canned chicken +canned veg. High on sodium, but cheap and keeps forever.
>no liquids except water and black coffee, no exceptions
>fuck your dispatcher, remember to make time for you to do you.

Also, keto. People give it a lot of shit for being a meme diet, but I lost over 30 lbs on it. All I had to do was keep the cooler full of processed meats like hot dogs, and shit like cheese sticks. It sacked eating shit like that all the time, but the pounds dropped pretty quickly. Also, you can get a collapsible pull up bar for dem dere chin ups.

Keep your head up, brah. We're all gonna make it. Guys like you and me will have a tougher time of it, but we'll get there.
>>
OP I'm sorry to say, but probably not. My uncle is a trucker, and I've met a few as well, and it doesn't matter how much you work out or eat healthy, you will NEVER get enough sleep to maintain a healthy body.

Yeah, there's "laws" about making truckers get enough sleep, but the time sheets are always forged, and your schedule will demand that you drive more than the "legal limit" per day very frequently. That, and coupled with the fact that regular human contact with normal people is quite hard to get, you also won't be very healthy mentally. There's a reason truckers have entire networks of conversation-only CB radio frequencies just so they don't go crazy from lack of social interaction. Unless you actively want to stay away from people, then it's okay. But if you want to stay away from people, you should try to address that rather than find a job that fits your anti-social nature.
>>
>>35322698
Varies by location but, in general it takes the dock to stock crew at least a couple hours to unload 5:30-7:30 is normal, just have a gym membership that lets you go to any in the franchise
>>
>>35323326
What else is there to do? I only have a GED and I need to make more money.
>>
>>35323356
>What else is there to do?
Anything and everything, anon. Diplomas and degrees are just formal introductions to groups of people, substituting actual human contact and interaction. With determination, quick wit, and a bit of luck, you could probably quite literally do anything.
>>
>>35323425
But what if I'm bad at people?
>>
>>35322698
Get an education.
>>
>>35323475

May as well give up in life
>>
>>35323231
Loled
>>
>>35323356
you could take growth hormone to compensate for the growth hormone not being produced from sufficient sleep.
>>
>>35322698

You gotta go

Over the top

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdZVWeA7a-Q
>>
>>35322698
DOWNLOAD THE MY FITNESS PAL APP, AND READ THE STICKY
>>
>>35324405
Someone already posted that joke you tripfagging queer
>>
>>35323231
This.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.