[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your opinion on Protein bars, /fit/? Are they terrible
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: clifbuilders510.jpg (36 KB, 510x262) Image search: [Google]
clifbuilders510.jpg
36 KB, 510x262
What's your opinion on Protein bars, /fit/? Are they terrible when cutting or a staple? Decent cal for the protein and they are quick easy and tasty. I typically eat at least one a day when doing cutting, sometimes two depending on brands.

If you like them, what's your favorite brand?
>>
I mainline some decent ones with a 1:1 protein/carb ratio and some fat that comes out to roughly 40/40/20 P/C/F split and about 2100 cals a day when I'm doing field work because it's cheap and easy. About 70 bucks a week if you were to do it five days of the week, which I have before. They aren't so bad, just drink plenty of water and prepare to spend twenty minutes in the bathroom every day of its all you eat.

Other than that I rarely touch them unless I have to work through lunch in the office
>>
>>35322248
>prepare to spend twenty minutes in the bathroom every day of its all you eat.
Get some fiber supplements man. They work wonders.
>>
>>35322259
Each bar has like 3g fiber I didn't mean twenty minutes stopped up I meant some steady flow type shits
>>
I had a Quest bar once, it was kinda hard but good. Would buy again.
>>
I have protein bars that have 30g of protein and I love them
>>
>>35322198
i like to mix some oats, pb, protein powder and a little milk together, mold into bar and toss in fridge.simple, easy, tasty, and cheaper
>>
>>35322198
Premier Protein bars and shakes from Costco are incredible. The bars and shakes both have 30g brotein, and when you buy in bulk are about 1 dollar per shake/bar. They both come in 18 packs that are about 20 dollars after tax, and the flavors are surprisingly good. The chocolate shakes are 160 cal, and besides 30g of brotein it has added vitamins and potassium as well. The bars range from 270-290 per bar depending on the flavor (chocolate mint is the best imo) but they definitely aren't as good as the shakes macro and micronutrient-wise.
>>
>>35323157
Also forgot to add, fiber one protein bars are very nice as well if you're getting most of your protein from bars/shakes. Fiber one protein bars are 140 cal, 6g protein (I know, it's bad) but have a lot of fiber and come in really good flavors like cookies and creme.
>>
Can you just drink your semen for a quick protein fix?
>>
Just like supplements, protein bars are bullshit filled with sugar and 1/100th amount of protein you actually need for gainz. It's the same thing as eating a snickers. Put that shit down and eat a big chicken breast if you want gains.

>but wut about muh cutting
you gotta eat to cut. just eat right. You won't see gains, no matter cutting or bulking, without eating enough good food.
>>
>>35323296
Yes, but why not just eat something high in protein such as Lentils (10g/serving) whereas semen is only 0.5g of protein for 10mL of jizz.
>>
>>35323312
>It's the same thing as eating a snickers
>30g of protein in a good quality bar
>A chicken breast typically has 43g
Shut the fuck up you stupid ass tripfag.
>>
>>35323312
>Protein supplements are bad
Get out
>>
>>35323363
>>35323383
I bet you walk around with those drink cups that shake your preworkout for you?

Protein bars are filled with sugar, that's why they taste good. If you got 30g of pure protein it would taste like shit. Why spend $4 of on a protien bar when you could spend $4 on 4 chicken breasts.
>>
>>35323399
Because the chicken breasts take time to prepare you fuck. I'm not going to LIVE on chicken breasts, one a day is enough. There's nothing wrong with keeping a box of protein bars in my desk at work if I need a quick protein boost.
>>
File: 1450484848385.jpg (275 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1450484848385.jpg
275 KB, 1920x1080
>>35323399
>Sugar is bad for you always
>You should have no sugar in your diet
>>
File: lTO0Nex.jpg (497 KB, 700x2622) Image search: [Google]
lTO0Nex.jpg
497 KB, 700x2622
Don't spend a shit ton of money on them, make these instead.
>>
>>35323412
So eat three servings of Lentils then.. 10g of protein per serving no sugar nothing but protein and healthy calories.

>there is nothing wrong with keeping a box f protein bars in my desk at work if I need a quick protein boost
First, why the fuck would you need a protein boost? Second, the sugar drop you get is not worth it. Third, your blood sugar levels are going to be fucked up if you keep molesting those candy bars. Fourth, just replace the fucking candy bars with something healthier, i.e. packaged oatmeal, fucking box of walnuts (high in protein and EFA's and omega 6's) or ANYTHING ELSE THAN A CANDY BAR YOU FAT FUCK
>>
>>35323424
Never said that, faggot. I just ate a bowl of ice cream. But do I expect to get "gains" from it because there were walnuts in my ice cream? No, I did it because I like ice cream. If you're going to eat a protein bar, don't expect to get gains. It's 90% sugar and 10% processed protein. eat something healthier that isn't all sugar and fake protein.
>>
>>35323399
Because I dont feel like eating a chicken breast with my hands for breakfast at my desk you mong
>>
>>35323480
Like I already said, eat three servings of lentils
see >>35323444
lrn2healthy
>>
>>35323480
or you can hardboil all your eggs one night and carry 3-4 of them with you throughout the day
>>
>>35322198
They're bullshit. Just learn how to fucking cook.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.