[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How often do you feel lonely /fit/? I have no reliable friends
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: Screenshot_20151220-232708.png (2 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20151220-232708.png
2 MB, 1080x1920
How often do you feel lonely /fit/?

I have no reliable friends anymore so I spend all day by myself. Today I walked around town and it was honestly so shit.

It's Christmas break and all I can really do is go to the gym and fuck around at home.
>>
>>35320659
Welcome to being an adult.
Men lose over 90% of their friends as they get older.
It's only a matter of time.
I went from around 15 close friends to about 4. I'm 26.
My father had no friends when I was a child, his father before him had no friends.

Men usually begin to only be able to focus on work and family.
IDK if its some sort of programming for us to succeed from this level, but meh.
There is an old saying most your friends will be the people you work.
>>
File: 1449875148613.jpg (104 KB, 511x428) Image search: [Google]
1449875148613.jpg
104 KB, 511x428
>>35320809
God dammit, dude. Thanks for the hammer to the face.
>>
>>35320659
being lonely isn't necessarily a bad thing OP
tackle it head on and learn to conquer it, not matter how faggy it sounds.. learning to be able to be alone is going to be some of the best time you will ever invest in anything
that being said, doesn't mean you shouldn't socialize more, which is probably also a determining factor, but consider above mentioned
>>
Nothing external to you can make you happy.
Happiness is in your way of thinking.
However if you want to be social take action and stop being a mopey faggot.
>>
>be in highschool
>literally only hang out with one group of friends
>they're a grade above me
>all get accepted to Chico
>loneliest senior year ever
>graduate high school
>didn't try, now I have to go to community college
>still lonely
>met a couple of people at school
>everyone seems so retarded
>feels like a waste of time talking to these people
>not gonna make it
>>
The only real solution is to have kids and get more involved in your family. It sucks especially if your family life is fucked but it's the only solution for us. Unless you want to be a self-centered recluse.
>>
>>35320993
>lonely
>complaining others are shit
there is your problem.
everyone has something good to offer, you should try communicating with them
>>
>>35320659
>ages 15-24 always had at least someone to hang out with and talk too, drink smoke skate or lift
>out late every night with friends
>didn't worry about anything
>happy to see all my friends all the time
>27 now
>most have moved away, had a kid, stopped partying, or work odd hours
>was depressed about this for a year as I missed my youth and realised it's over
>now i have come to terms with it and am thankful I had those years of fun and adventure with bros who cared about me
>now I've cleaned up my act and am more focused on me
>stoked to spend days off alone
>see friends once in a while and am cool with it
>only times I feel lonely is when I'm really bored and not bust achieving my own goals
>there will be an annual Xmas party at my friends house on eve and I actually don't think I will go for the first time in 10 years, I have mixed feelings about it
>feeling lonely is basically just a feeling of unfulfillment and nothing to do with who's around you
>>
>>35321032
Yeah I guess.
I just need to come to terms with the fact that my friend group was full of very intelligent but uninspired people, and not everyone is always going to be like that
>>
>>35321074
Why not just be intelligent and uninspired by yourself?
>>
>>35320938
I'm sorry, but we are men.
We won't sugar coat it for you, but we will tell you the truth.
If you want friends it needs to become a focus in your life.
Because you just won't have time if you're dealing with grown up things.
>>
>>35321151
Naw fuck that. I'll just get a doge.
>>
>>35321123
I am, that is my entire life at this point.
I'm approaching nihilist status
>>
>>35320659
Hate on Elliott all you want but he had a great video about this that I agree with it. Essentially, as we grow older we only see the people we from friendships with for how much value they can add to our lives. Once they no longer add value or the transaction of value is finished we stop hanging out with them. Elliott mentioned that the cure is to make friends with people who are already content and happy with their lives and are doing things unrelated to your own. That way you can talk to people who have a new interesting take on things (instead of hanging out with people who are simply imitations or clones of oneself) and who are also genuinely happy, so that you can see someone similar to you that's enjoying life even though they aren't on the same path or have the same goals as you.
>>
>>35321161
That's actually the number one reason for pets.
If we had friends like in highschool I doubt pets would fucking exist lol.
>>
>>35320659
Every waking moment of my life.
>>
>>35321220
Why would that turn you into a nihilist?
There's so many better philosophies.
At least try and become the overman.
>>
>sad about not having any friends
>going on walks alone
>there's shelters with literally millions lf potential best friends who will eventually die
>and they love walks

Seriously dude, go adopt a dog
>>
File: 1449930536959.jpg (26 KB, 425x640) Image search: [Google]
1449930536959.jpg
26 KB, 425x640
>>35320809
This is a str8 mans problem. Lol.
>>
>>35321244
I have so much time to think, and I'm very pessimistic. Every day compounds my belief that life in modern civilization is meaningless. Of course, this is subjective and I would say only applies to me, as I'm sure many people can derive meaning from life in their own ways.
Then again I secretly know in the back of my head that I'm just making excuses for myself so I don't have to try at anything.
>>
File: hr95qm7.jpg (631 KB, 3240x2102) Image search: [Google]
hr95qm7.jpg
631 KB, 3240x2102
>>35321300
Why not become a practicing stoic if you're so disappointed with modern civilization?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.