[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What exactly is wrong with the kind of diet they advocate? Or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: durianrider and freelee2.jpg (54 KB, 634x361) Image search: [Google]
durianrider and freelee2.jpg
54 KB, 634x361
What exactly is wrong with the kind of diet they advocate?

Or is it just part of the meme to hate on carbs?
>>
the problem with vegan is the lack of quality proteins. not all proteins are of equal quality, and the proteins from plants/nuts/lentils are pretty shitty.
>>
>>35320608
>>35320195

durian rider doesnt even eat alot alot of protein because he says it makes him gain too much lbm to cycle properly. He also says that some cyclists take catabolic muscle stripping steroids just to stay light. Cycling is all about your power to weight ratio measured in watts. His high carb diet is to power his cycling everyday

tl;dr Getting nutrition advice from a vegan cyclist is different than getting advice from a vegan bodybuilder/weightlifter/strongman etc
>>
>>35320195
Let me add that if you are a endurance athlete then the diet they advocate would be more suitable for you.
>>
>>35320608
>pretty shitty
We get what you mean, but for quality control let's state the facts.

The reason why Vegan diets aren't well received is because plants lack diversity in their b vitamins.
While certain nuts contain a lot of a particular b vitamin, they usually only have that specific vitamin and just enough protein to make due. Meat from any animal however has a broad range of all your b vitamins and a bit more protein.

While you are eating "healthier" with the nuts, you're eating inefficiently since one portion of meat takes care of most your daily vitamin needs for creating man things inside your body.
The problem with both vegans and meat eaters in general is their lack of balancing between the two.

For heavy lifting or intense cardio days, you should be eating meat and a decent amount of it.
For a general workout that is just to maintain, there is no reason to eat large portions of meat and a vegan diet is perfectly fine.
>>
>>35320195
A high carb diet is great for an endurance athlete. But Freelee is boiling it down to a "fad" diet of "eat bananas lol" and throws in pseudoscience and a misunderstanding of biology, which as a Biomedical Science grad student, triggers my autism.
>>
>>35320195
for me their diet makes me bloated as hell. like everybody ITT has said. it's good for endurance athletes
but I only do cardio 1-2 times a week.
>>
>>35320195
>What exactly is wrong with the kind of diet they advocate?

Their lifestyle has turned them into bitter, twisted people. They're easily some of the most unlikable people to be around. Plus Durian is a 15 year old in the body of a 40 year old who looks 60
>>
File: image.jpg (777 KB, 1408x1408) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
777 KB, 1408x1408
They got me to eat more fruit and vegetables and pay better attention to how the food I eat makes me feel, and how it affects my athletic and mental performance.

That being said, I still balk at eating the huge volumes of fruit they advocate, as well as Freelee's 90/5/5 carb/protein/fat split. It's hard enough to build muscle, gain weight, or eat enough calories as a vegan without throwing that macro target in the mix.
>>
>>35320660
/thread
Well said
>>
>>35320608
The Hodgetwins prove you wrong as they have recently conversioned to Veganism
>>
File: flowerpepe.jpg (19 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
flowerpepe.jpg
19 KB, 225x225
>>35322428
>Hodge twins natty
Oh shit you were being serious
>>
>>35322428

*Vegetarian
>>
>>35322428
The fact the hodgettwins turned vegan or vegetarian doesn't mean anything. And I think they mentionned they would eat fish
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.