[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If your goal is to look sexy and strong, what's the point
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 236x343) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 236x343
If your goal is to look sexy and strong, what's the point in doing isolation exercises when you can just do compound, full body exercises? Workout more muscles at once and don't need to go to the gym as often
>>
The fitness industry is one giant meme with a bunch of different shills shilling their different shit.
>>
>>35319924
Kek why does it feel like you explained the whole thing
>>
>>35319858
>that form
kekekek
>>
>>35319858
That's what you're supposed to do but everyone is too stupid and thinks that doing 10x10 isolation a is gonna make them juicy as fuark
>>
>>35319858
>>35320013

there isn't enough time in the day to answer that question op, but this kid is a faggot.

>that's what you're supposed to do

no it's not dipshit. heavy compounds will not make you look good. they'll make you big and strong.
>>
>>35319858
>isolation exercises

1. Conventional wisdom from everyone to Arnie to Yates says they shape a muscle after mass has been built.

2. They can be injury preventers > curls, extensions, and calf raises.
>>
>>35319858
>>35320013
how's your first month of SS going?
>>
>>35320053
Ayyyyyyy

>big and strong doesn't look good
What is this delusion???

No one said get to 30% bodyfat

So apparently if I only do compounds and have 10% bf that I will look like shit cause I look strong wtf are you smoking son?
>>
>>35320004
Ikr, worst deadlift form I ever saw
>>
>>35320112

like i said, there isn't enough time in the day to answer op's question as nutrition is the most important element of fitness and supplementation has a role as well. but in terms of building your physique, compound lifts will get you big and strong. they will not make you aesthetic. i can elaborate if you want, but this is /fit/ and people still haven't figured out the sticky is a troll after all these years, so i doubt if anyone would be interested.
>>
>>35320253
What's wrong with it? I've just visited the first link and it seems like it has good information on getting started, diet, beginner routines and that sort of thing.
>>
>>35319858
isolation exercises are useful as accessories to compounds, and to bring any muscles you feel are lacking up to par.

but you shouldn't base your routine around isolations, or even have more than a few worksets as isolation.

hip thrusts are a better compound than squats for females.. they still target quads and hammies, but are predominantly glutes.
too many bitches have thunder thighs (which are great, don't get me wrong) with severely underdeveloped asses.

it just looks wrong.
>>
>>35320085
>1. Conventional wisdom from everyone to Arnie to Yates says they shape a muscle after mass has been built.
there is some science behind it too
https://www.t-nation.com/training/made-to-order-muscle

that article is well cited... check out the sources.
>>
>>35320253
You are an idiot
>>
>>35320253
>getting aesthetic
>getting a physique that makes insecure teenage homosexuals on /fit/ aroused

Literally why?
You're not a bodybuilder, nobody other than homo fitness fans gives a shit about your insertions or the ratios between muscles unless they are grossly fucked up.

Chances are you'll be the only person in your circle of friends that even lifts anyways.
>>
File: greg o'gallagher.jpg (27 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
greg o'gallagher.jpg
27 KB, 480x360
>>35320253
>building all your muscles at once makes you look like shit
post an example, because everyone i know who does compounds or even full-body looks great, from zyzz to ido portal

pic related - dem natty shoulders.. he says he tried getting shoulders from just lat raises, but you need heavy ohp to build them as a natty.
they don't look so impressive on their own, but when you see him flex next to another natty without shoulder boulders, the difference is significant.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.