[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>two years of lifting soon >pretty much doubled all my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 1
File: 1444070154371.jpg (76 KB, 793x645) Image search: [Google]
1444070154371.jpg
76 KB, 793x645
>two years of lifting soon
>pretty much doubled all my one rep maxes
>people my age outlifting me in just months of training

Started from a really weak ass bitch mode and now im buffer and stronger than the average guy in my age group but still it gets to me, I feel like i haven't done enough. Can anyone relate?
>>
>>35319149

It's either your genetics or your programming is stupid. Paste your entire lifting routine from last week.
>>
>>35319149
What are your maxes OP?
>>
>>35319149

Not OP but I get the impression that most people get 3 plate squat, 4 plate deads for reps in literally 6 months. WTF. Is this normal or just e-statting or some sort of bias towards strong posters?

Seems like my numbers are very slow compared to what I read on the internet on novice gains and such. Took me almost 7 months to go from 100 kg x 6 to 125 kg x 6 squat. Same timeframe I went from 115x6 to 142x6 on DL. Seems like very slow progress from what I read. Someone enlighten me. Doesn't seem right that my progress is so slow for a novice.
>>
eat more, if your worried about just your rep maxes and what not, eat more.

Im also asuming you started skinny fat as fuck. i did the same, people left and right of me looking shit aswell, but lifting way more then i did, passing me by.

Then i started eating more, not giving a fuck about if i get fat,

Went from skinnyfat to ottermode still basicly skinnyfat though, now im kinda going towards a small bearmode. fat but build.

tl;tr EAT MORE, train harder. lift smarter
>>
>>35319149
>>35319225
Compared to people IRL?

Don't listen to fucking autists on /fit/ ffs. You're falling for memes, like half the people here don't even lift and are just here for memes.
>>
>>35319225
Pretty sure it's serious e starting. Me and two training partners, one of whom was a lot more dedicated than I was followed 5x5 to get our benches up to 2plate for reps; it took us fucking months to grind out. It wasn't linear at fucking all, so many weeks we would have to reset back, make a tiny bit of progress, get stuck and need to reset back.

When I made it a point of getting 3 plate squat for reps, same thing. So much forward and back, forward and fucking back.
>>
>>35319225

Not everyone has genetics for strength. The people getting 3 plate squats and 4 plate deads in a 4-6 months are not your typical specimens. Just be happy with where you are.
>>
>>35319272

Seems like their linear gains stop around very high numbers. I feel like I give everything I got in the gym. Then again, this might just be delusional and I'm really still just a novice with plenty of rrom for linear gains.
I'm still considered strong ("commercial gyms lel") for my bw but I want to smash on the plates and rep the shit out of them.

I'm not impatient. I just have a sense of urgency. 15 kgs in 4 months is still 60 kgs in 1 year. Just gotta grind...
>>
>>35319365
>Seems like their linear gains stop around very high numbers

People's in real life or online you mean? Because among your friends I highly doubt you'll find someone getting to 3-4 plate squat/deadlift very quickly.

At least for the very reason that in gyms you also never see an above 2 plate squat. But when you come onto /fit/ you see that everyone is squatting 5 plates within a year, hmmm I wonder where all these powerlifters are training when you NEVER see any of them in commercial gyms.
>>
>>35319365

What's your bodyweight?
>>
>>35319168
Legs - squats 4x8 leg press 3x10 leg extension 3x12 leg curls 3x12 calf raises 3x~20 calves on a leg press 3x~20 with a drop set after each set

Shoulders and abs - OHP 4x12 side lateral raises 3x10 front raises 3x10 rear delt raises 3x10 ab wheel 3xmax crunches 3xmax leg raises 3xmax

Back and biceps - lat pulls 4x12 deadlifts 5x5 bent rows 3x12 dumbbell rows 3x10 this lat exercise with a cabel i dont know it in english 3x12 bb curls 4x10 incline curls 3x10 cable curls 3x12 with a dropset between every set

Chest and triceps
bench 4x10 incline db bench 3x10 flyes 3x10 chest dips 3x10 close grip bench 3x10 tricep pushdown 4x10 french press 3x10
>>
>>35319178
Bench 200lb
squat 240lb
diddly 290lb
>>
>hit 3pl8 squat for a 1rm after 6 months of lifting
>excited because I think I'm going to hit 4pl8 after 6 more months
>fast forward 1 year later, only be able to hit 3pl8 for 5 reps
fuck my life
>>
Took me about 6-7 months of consistent training to squat 160kgx5, deadlift 190kg x5, and bench 110x5 as a lanklet. No cheating, no partial reps. Bodyweight went from 90 to a bit over 100 in that time.

Everyone's progress is different, absolutely pointless worrying about it. It's just lifting weights, you're supposed to enjoy it.
>>
>>35319365
>15 kgs in 4 months is still 60 kgs in 1 year
Accully is 45

Regrets uncle dolan
>>
>>35319272
Yeah irl
>>
>>35319461

That's why you're not making any progress mate. You're not going to make any serious strength gains with a body part split. If strength is what you want, you need to change your programming.
>>
>>35319511
Maybe im still just lost with what i want from this sport but i want the aesthetics but also being stronger than the tall and/or fat guys, what kind of program do you recommend?
>>
>>35319550

You're probably not going to like the sound of it, but you should do Greyskull LP or Starting Strength as I think you still have novice gains to make. Afterwards switch to the Texas method, 4 day split version would probably be to your liking. Or you can find another intermediate strength program.
>>
>>35319616
Thanks m80 i probably do have novice gains left to make due to my young age? Ill look into them.
>>
>>35319662

Novice gains don't have much to do with your age, unless you're really young or really old. It depends on your genetics really, the ability of your body to adapt and recover from stress.
>>
>>35319225
>believing people on the internet
Good job
>>
>>35319725
Especially 4chan of all places.

Protip: Look at 4chan for examples of what UNSUCCESSFUL people do.
>>
>>35319461
>doing a meme split
>guys where are my gains?????
People are actually stupid I swear
>>
>>35319405
this is true. i've been going to the gym for almost a year now and i've never seen anyone else squat above 1pl8. not that there aren't people that can't, but i've never seen them in the 4-6 hour window i normally go during. i've seen 1 dude (only saw him once) pull 4pl8 and make a failed attempt and 5pl8. and 1 other guy pull 3.5pl8. everybody else is like 2pl8. this isn't some dinky podunk gym i go to either.
>>
>>35319801
Ye i swear to mi mum 2 you failed to read the second line of the post and misunderstood the whole thread
>>
>>35319848
That's what is so hilarious about reading /fit/.

Supposedly every single person and their mom is squatting 2pl8s within 5 months EASILY, yet at the same time there is threads talking about how they have never seen over 1-2pl8 squat.
>>
>>35319851
If that line is important why the fuck is there a thread moaning that the guy is getting outlifted by people on strength programs /fit/ is dead, only a meathead wouldn't realise he's doing an aesthetics routine and not gaining strength, spazzes everywhere, read the sticky or go back to reddit
>>
>>35319225

look around in your gym, how many nattys do you see lifting weights like this?
>>
>>35319941
Your first post implyes that OP has not made any gains so yes that line is important to understand the post. Its not about not making gains its about making lots of gains but still seeing guys get stronger in shorter time because they have more strength to begin with. Instead your damaged brain twisted the whole meaning of the thread and you started throwing insults. I believe you are one of the "meat heads".
>>
I know that feel, lad.

>train for nearly three years to hit 1.5/2.5/4/5 @ 83kg
>take my friend to the gym
>he is repping 10-20kg less than me within 9 months and is literally the same weight as me

some people have it, some don't. at least you get to learn and have fun!
>>
>>35320032
Ok brosplit brian, why the Fuck is he moaning about people making gains faster than he is on his shitty routine that doesn't focus on getting stronger, you're so anal about wording you might have autism son, are you the guy that got destroyed by the fatty in the fat hate thread yesterday?
>>
>>35319149

>what are steroids
>>
i hit a 2 plate bench within 3 months of lifting up froma 155 when i started out
now i bench significantly more than I can squat.
>>
>>35319149
Go to failure
>>
>>35319168
Routine is nowhere near as important as genetics diet and sleep.

OP just refine your diet. Its most likely hormonal dont worry too much about routine as long as youre doing compounds and lifting heavy
>>
It's not you OP. Everyone who actually lifts knows how much people on /fit/ e-stat and bullshit.
>>
>>35320074
Why is it so hard for u to understand m80? Clearly the other people arent making gains faster they just dont have to make as much gains to be on the same strength level or even higher. So for example OP benched 100lb when he started now he benches 200lb, some other motherfucker starts with 175lb bench and after a few months he will bench 225lb. And no im not a fatty or autismo i just understand what i read.
>>
>>35320017

Go to a proper gym. You're not going to see any strong people in a commercial fitness gym. 3 plate squat and 4 plate deadlift are nothing.
>>
>>35320281
as another anon, thanks for this

only really big dudes can 1/2/3/4 at my gym.
>>
>>35320488
>tfw I can do 1/2/3 but my diddylifts are behind
>>
Most of fit estats or writes time off and so do people at the gym. They consider that when they did brosplits at the start that didnt contribute to their strength and gym knowledge at all. I know a lot of guys whove been lifting since they were teens and they tell me 3yrs total...8 yrs later.
>>
>>35319225
IRL I've only seen a handful of people I see lifting those numbers, all but an even smaller handful doing it without being > 6'3" and on roids.

That isn't to say a 165 5'8" dude can't, just that it I don't see it nearly as much as the internet e-statting would have me believe. Hell, I imagine there are plenty of people who *do* get that far in 6 months, because they just 'get it' and have good genetics.

For the rest of us, we just got to keep at it. There isn't anything else to do. You're stronger and look better than if you didn't go to the gym. Maybe your genetics or approach put you at a disadvantage compared to someone else, but there isn't anything to do about that. Take solace in the fact that most people don't stick it out, so if you do you'll make it eventually, size and strength wise.
>>
>>35319408

72 kg. I feel like I should be able to do more weight. Seems like my head has been twisted by internet standards.

>>35319497
You are right senpai.

>>35319405
People online.

What I make of this thread, is that I'm still stronger than a lot of people in a commercial gym, both in terms of what my eyes see and what symmetricstrength says (strength score 76)

I think these ridicoulous standards have motivated me and demotivated me at the same time. I overestimate what I can accomplish in 1 month, yet underestimate what I can reach in 3 years.

Thx bros
>>
>>35320574
Fucking same, my deadlift is only 385 but I've got the 1/2/3 down :^(((((
>>
>>35320860
That's right.

Stop listening to 4chan memes, most people are trolling/memeing or at best repeating what someone else who looked smarter(to them) said.
>>
>tfw ACTN3

It's all genetics, baby. You'll get there eventually.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.