[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PLEASE GIVE ME INPUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yo i need help on how i
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: benchpress.jpg (421 KB, 850x567) Image search: [Google]
benchpress.jpg
421 KB, 850x567
PLEASE GIVE ME INPUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yo i need help on how i should be progressing my bench press

Im pretty much doing coolcicada ppl except for incline bb im doing incline db press
anyway im benching 2 times a week and ive been stuck at 155 for 2-3 weeks now, i have progressed but i think slowly, i been going to the gym seriously for about 4 1/2 months now, and i went from benching 155 for 5 for 1 set to 155 for 3 sets now, earlier my form was shaky at this weight but now its pretty much solid, so for 2 chest session i did 155 for 3 sets of 5 and today i tried 160 for 5, i got so close on my last rep but i couldnt do it and it was just terrible, form brokedown badly etc spotter had to get the rest up i was at halfway.

2 weeks prior to this i tried 160 for 5 and only got 2 reps so i got 2 more reps then before but, 2 more reps in 2 weeks? is that good progression it sounds terrible to me i should of atleast got 160 for 5 reps today only 4 1/2 months in.

a side note i do have a cold tho and had it for a week now but its not that bad anymore just stuffy nose is all, idk what to do im thinkin for the next chest session im gonna do 155 6 reps 3 sets and then next monday try 160 again, advice will be greatly appreciated.

my db incline has gone up steadly tho was doin 55 1 1/2 weeks ago for 5 now at 60 for 6 reps and last set i got 7, incline is goin up and bench is slow as fuck, thanks.
>>
Eat more.
Drop the weight down and increase volume then build back up.
Get on creatine.
>>
>>35318913
eating enough weight goin up steady,
so should i do that 155 for 6 3 sets?
on creatine, 5 g a day loaded at 10 awhile back.
sleeping 8 hrs a day and drinkin plenty of water
>>
Have you tried benching every day or almost every day?
>>
>>35318934
no, i would not be able to do this, wouldnt recover fast enough between my session man.
im not on vitamin S
>>
>>35318918
Hmmm.

Try dropping the weight to 135 and doing 5 sets of 5 - 8. Once you can bust out 5 x 10 add some weight. Try to add 5 or 10 lbs a week.

I stalled out at 85 lb dumbell press and couldn't break past it. Dropped back to 65 lbs and added as much volume as I could. In the 3 weeks it took me to get back to 85 I managed to build ridiculous strength. Tossed up 95 lbs like nothing. Obviously the volume for that was 3x5.
>>
>>35318955
So the progression im at right now isnt right,

if i do the 5x10 should i skip my incline db? since my frequency is lppxlppx (2x a week)
>>
>>35318943

Neither am i and i bench every day. Youll get used to it i promise. Routines and programs are a joke. Theyre just shills trying to put their name out there. For example look at candito. His 4 day program he never did himself and he works out 6-7 days per week confirmed by people from his town.
>>
>>35318990
id love to bench everyday but i havent heard people doing that, so idk if its effective ill try it sometime though,
>>
bump please
>>
come on i need more input
>>
>>35318974
I wouldn't. Just try to increase the volume to the absolute most you can. One you can hit 5x10 on your chest exercises then you can increase the weight.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.