[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I really like developing hand/grip strength through rock climbing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: 1419370905761.jpg (41 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
1419370905761.jpg
41 KB, 400x600
I really like developing hand/grip strength through rock climbing but I can't afford the gym near me and I can't attach anything to my walls.

I have a power rack bolted into the cement of my garage but the pullup bar doesn't work fingers and grip nearly as much as rock climbing. Any ideas of stuff I could build or do?
>>
>>35318028
Wrist curls
Finger curls
Deadhangs
Farmers Walks
Wrist roller
Plate holds
>>
It's called a hangboard, if you are too dumb to mount a proper one on your rack then get a set of rock rings and you're done.
>>
>>35318028
i would probably knock the guy in OP's pic out. his skull would submit to my big dominant muscles.
>>
File: 1436077944749.png (297 KB, 388x483) Image search: [Google]
1436077944749.png
297 KB, 388x483
why don't you go find some fucking rocks and climb them you dipshit
>>
>>35318028

how about tree climbing?
>>
You literally don't need to work on grip strength besides heavy ass overhand deadlifts and pretty much any pulling motion. To waste time and energy trying to isolate your grip is one of the most mongaloid normie things you can do.
>>
>>35318704

Have you even climbed before?
>>
>>35318704
If you like stalling because of weak grip and not having juicy forearms then yeh
>>
Id get a job op and do my best to achieve my dreams. Sometimes it takes this little step of getting to a rock climbing gym to motivate you to live a little more.

Next thing you know you find a gf at work or at the gym and you want even more from life.

But no, u want to maximize as much time as possible in ur garage or basement
>>
>>35318721
Not the poster you're replying to but...

I climbed recreationally and bouldered competitively for a few years. Not once did my grip become the limiting factor. Too many idiots think you have to squeeze the shit out of your grip, just put enough pressure on it to support your weight.

Also, go climb shit man.
>>
>>35318704
>TFW my grip is my failure point on my deadlift
>TFW I can't double over hand more than lamo 3 pl8
>>
>>35318939
>what are pinch holds
>what are crimps
>what is lean-back
>what is climbing fucking upside down

Grip is important.
>>
File: Project-Board.jpg (22 KB, 400x128) Image search: [Google]
Project-Board.jpg
22 KB, 400x128
>>35318028
http://www.metoliusclimbing.com/training-boards.html
Make a sequence, make gains
>>
i got solid gripping strength with masterbation i had to duck grills irl since the impact would kill myself but fuck my forearms are dead on
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.