[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I fucking love tuna. I could happily eat 4-5 cans of it a day,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: mercury.jpg (8 KB, 228x228) Image search: [Google]
mercury.jpg
8 KB, 228x228
I fucking love tuna. I could happily eat 4-5 cans of it a day, forever. Instead I eat around 6-7 cans a week because i'm concerned about mercury poisoning.

How much tuna do you guys consider safe to eat?
>>
>>35317229
2 cans a week MAX unless you want dementia.
>>
>>35317265
Source? Sounds to me like you're full of shit.
>>
>>35317229
A guy on a fb forum ate 3-4 cans a day for 8 months, his test showed his Hg levels was sky high. The doc insisted he didnt eat more tuna
>>
>>35317265
you cant absorb mercury through your digestive track so you can potentially eat pure mercury and survive
>>
Sardines are a pretty good alternative. Roughly 21 g of protein in a credit card-sized can with a thickness comparable to a deck of cards.
>>
>>35317229
Why eat canned tuna when canned salmon exists?
>>
I've been eating a can a day for months.
Will I be Okay? I don't like other meats...
>>
>>35317310
Let see you drink a gallon of mercury and see what happens. Retard.
>>
>>35317310
>~~~Citation~~Needed~~~
>>
>>35317229
you seriously should limit your tuna-intake. There are manmade causes for mercury in nature but most of it (about 90%) is natural and not avoidable, not even in the future.
Still, the concentrations are so low you could probably eat as much as this >>35317309
guys friend.
Maybe look out for a brand with not that much mercury?
>>
>35317348
>35317348
>canned salmon
fucking digusting. bet you wash it down with toothpaste and oj after
>>
>>35317397

>cant reply for shit
fuck how did that happen

>>35317348
4u
>>
>>35317317
oh man I forgot all about sardines thanks!

>>35317348
because canned salmon is fucking gross

>>35317386
do you think 6 cans a week is too much?
>>
>>35317310

Yeah.. about that..
>>
>>35317348
>canned salmon
jesus christ anon what the fuck
>not buying fresh salmon from the local fish shop
>>
>>35317310
What is dimethylmurcury?
>>
>>35317439

>do you think 6 cans a week is too much?

Tbqh, I don't know for sure family. As a marine biologist, I'd advice you to not overdo it, but I'm not an expert on the "safe levels" of intake, so I really can't tell you an exact dose.

I just know for sure you wouldn't want mercury poisoning. I'd say a can a day or 6 a week shouldn't be harmful, but again, I'm telling you now I'm no expert.
>>
>worried about mercury
what are you fags pregnant or something?
>>
Mercury is liquid metal. How awesome is that? Why would you not want that inside your body?
>>
>>35317510
yes
>>
Are you Neil Breen, op?
>>
>>35317310
>these are people giving you fitness advice
>>
>>35317229
I have been eating one can a day (sometimes two) for almost three years. Always had tune on my diet since it's a great, quick and protein rich.
What kind of symptoms should i feel?
Am i going to die?
>>
>>35317510
7 weeks :(
>>
>>35317310
A professor at my uni once drank a small cup of mercury because he was annoyed by all those hurr durr mercury poisoning comments.
He still brags about this story so I guess he was right
>>
What an interesting turn of events; I've been considering mercury poisoning as the cause of my sickness for the last week or so. I eat 370g of tuna a day and have been doing so for the last two to three months. I feel nauseous and bloated and have had squirty poos for about a week. I'm going to ask my doctor about it tomorrow but I'm not sure if it's too late I might be dying anyway so it doesn't really bother me.
>>
>>35317229
The science shows that there is no reason bodybuilders should cut tuna out of their diets due to the current mercury scare.
One can of chunk lite a day is a reasonable and safe intake for a 200lbs man without the risks of any health problems.

If you want to eat more tuna now make sure to increase your consumption over the course of several weeks so your kidneys can adjust.

Adding 1.5 gram of NAC to your diet is a good idea so you can keep your glutathione stores full and your liver healthy.
>>
>>35317439
>>35317397
I don't know how you can enjoy canned tuna and not canned salmon.

I don't really like the basic taste of either, but mostly I just eat the salmon, skin bones and all, either with hot sauce or concealed in a properly cooked meal.

Even if you do prefer tuna, the fact is that salmon is healthier in pretty much every way. Much less mercury, much more omega 3, and lots of calcium from the bones.

>>35317458
I don't live by the ocean, and sometimes I like not having to cook to get some easy protein.
>>
>>35317229
switch to sardines... they have the lowest mercury contamination .. high DHA and B 12
>>
>>35317492
IS ANYONE HERE A MARINE BIOLOGIST?
>>
>>35318279

>The science shows

Show me what the science is showing
>>
File: Bonefish[1].png (25 KB, 400x147) Image search: [Google]
Bonefish[1].png
25 KB, 400x147
>>35319262

BECAUSE I'VE GOT A LARGE BONEFISH FOR YOU TO INSPECT
>>
File: 1432438029792.png (177 KB, 331x257) Image search: [Google]
1432438029792.png
177 KB, 331x257
>>35318191
post belly
>>
One can a week is the most likely safe limit. Seriously, tuna and swordfish are extremely high in mercury.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.