[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Signed up for my first gym at 31yo at the start of this month.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
File: easternPicture 2.png (934 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
easternPicture 2.png
934 KB, 1440x900
Signed up for my first gym at 31yo at the start of this month.

Was scared to go, felt out of place, out of my depth, not strong or fit enough and like I was going to be stared at. Pushed through it and went anyway

Couldn't get through more than a couple reps of 10kg bicep curls, felt way too weak to be there with the meatheads, felt out of place. Posted on /fit/ and got laughed at. Pushed through it and went anyway

Couldn't be bothered to go to the gym through the second week because it was cold, wet and raining. Didn't see the benefits as opposed to working out at home. Pushed through it and went anyway

This morning I woke up at 4am, had some coffee, put on some trainers and got there for 5am. I was the first person in the gym and I just got into a workout and tried some other machines. Felt really fucking awake and happy to be there, felt at ease and in place and I just ran back through the empty streets before the town woke up feeling on top of the world, like I'd returned to the land of the living. I'm starting to realize that I may've been mildly depressed for the last 20+ years of my life and with my new diet and early start and now a workout routine I feel like I'm never going back and slowly getting better.
If you don't like something, keep not liking it for a while, it might turn out to be one of the most enjoyable things you've ever found
>>
>>35313630
okay?

good for you
>>
I like this post
>>
File: deathatafuneral-jpg.jpg (141 KB, 1200x797) Image search: [Google]
deathatafuneral-jpg.jpg
141 KB, 1200x797
>>35313654
Cheers.

Not sure what the point of the post is other than to say find a way to love getting fit and keeping yourself feeling good over time, not much else matters as much in life.
>>
SS+GOMAD
>>
File: image.jpg (10 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
10 KB, 240x240
>>35313630
We're all gonna make it breh

>At gym for two months, 3/week rate
>No mires yet
>At work in grocery store
>new bagger girl qt trying to take out trash at end of night
>Trash gets fucking heavy sometimes, she flags me down as I walk by
>lift it out of can with one arm and haul it into compactor
>she says wow and we chat
>mfw first mire
>mfw been hitting shoulders hard
>mfw we're all gonna make it
>>
>>35313630
dude you're posting like you're 60... you're 31, still a baby. hit the weights and get sw0le f a m
>>
>>35313674
I don't know what this means

>>35313687
Unexpected on-point compliments are the best, rock on

>>35313730
I'm not looking to get buff and swole, I'm there to stay fit, strong and lean
>>
>>35313630
Nice blog you freakin' idiot. Don't ever post this CRAP on my board again!
>>
>>35313630

go fucking post this on reddit you faggot holy shit you are retarded
>>
>>35313767
>I don't know what this means

You've a journey of many dank memes ahead of you, grasshopper.
>>
>>35313630
Faggot confirmed
>>
File: 1438712157570.jpg (52 KB, 500x377) Image search: [Google]
1438712157570.jpg
52 KB, 500x377
>>35313630
This. The first few workouts were abysmal, I asked myself what the fuck was I doing. Now I look forward to the gym and that feeling when you complete a workout.

I still go early in the morning but no longer because I'm a social autist, but because I have more energy then. Yesterday I went in later in the day and actually talked with people, shit was cash.
>>
>>35313630

Read the sticky, you fucking moron.
>>
>>35313687
So you did her job for her, and she thanked you.
>>
>>35313630
>not liking the gym
>not liking getting gains
>not liking the "meatheads" you aspire to become
Good job for going to the gym but I don't think anyone can give a fuck. Thanks for wasting my time.
>>
File: bane.png (254 KB, 477x724) Image search: [Google]
bane.png
254 KB, 477x724
>>35313630
>Couldn't be bothered to go to the gym through the second week because it was cold, wet and raining. Didn't see the benefits as opposed to working out at home. Pushed through it and went anyway

You. I like you.

Persistence and habit are key to success in lifting. You will learn this soon.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.