[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
do you run outside during the winter, even below -20C? running
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (197 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
197 KB, 960x540
do you run outside during the winter, even below -20C?

running outside feels more refreshing and natural than running indoors on a treadmill. I can keep myself warm by dressing appropriately in layers, but my face gets exposed to the cold air. If I wear a scarf, it turns wet and makes breathing difficult - how do you deal with this problem?
>>
By doing cardio any other way.
This year it's been hot as hell so it's not really a problem, but running cardio outside at -20C or less is asking to get instacold
>>
i want to run outside through the winter too. I only do HIIT but want to continue my progress all winter i also shadowbox and jump rope outside. i may just get a ski mask.
>>
I love running outside in cold weather with a base layer or two and a merino wool outer layer. I tolerate breathing pretty cold air, but had good luck breathing through thin polyester or wool balaclavas when I needed it. They still got wet but not heavy.
>>
I just run on a treadmill at the gym, fuck running in the cold at 5 in the morning.
>>
>>35312721
-20C if the windchill is bad, you'll get frostbite on the face in no time. Balaclavas don't let you breath well if you're doing cardio
>>
>>35312774
While in military we had to ski in -30 to -38 degrees quite often and never caught a flu. Atleast I didnt.
>>
File: 1450131158640.jpg (34 KB, 710x517) Image search: [Google]
1450131158640.jpg
34 KB, 710x517
I heard training in colder temperatures is good for cardio because colder air is harder to breath for whatever, or uses more energy.

But -20 C is a bit ridiculous. The lowest I've been in around 16 F.
>>
I love running in winter. I once went for a run in -29C. Wasn't really cold because I came out of a warm house and warmed up quickly by running. The only problem I had was that my clothes reacted to the temperature and sounded like wrapping paper when I moved. I was like a Christmas present with legs running down the street. Hilarious.
>>
>>35312774
>I don't know how viruses work
>>
>>35312774
you don't get sick from cold weather idiot.
>>
>>35312721

grow a beard child!
>>
>>35315191
>>35315216

>still believing in this meme

http://www.pnas.org/content/112/3/827.abstract
>>
>>35312721
Use something like a tubular scarf and cut holes where your mouth and nostrils are.

That's what I do when cycling
>>
>>35315216
No you don't, but cold weather makes it easier for you to get sick
>>
>>35315333
trips of the truth
>>
Had to run in military at -25C so yes
>>
u puss ass niggas
running outside is the shit. -20, -30 C, whatever, as soon as you get moving it's fine
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.