[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Going to start doing a bit of cardio because muh heart Are flat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
Going to start doing a bit of cardio because muh heart

Are flat minimalist running shoes the way to go for someone who hasn't run in his life?
>>
File: 1449266911698.jpg (89 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
1449266911698.jpg
89 KB, 1080x1080
>>35310850

Well there's a good start. What you have pictured has enough of a cushion on the heel to ensure you won't destroy your knees in the first two weeks.

If you're starting running, might as well learn to do it the right way.
>>
>>35310850
can you not run with normal shoes?

do you need special shoes to walk?
>>
>>35310850
If you go to a running shoes store they can examine your (nonexistent because new but they should still be able to help) gait and recommend some shoes.
>>
>>35311000

You don't really need shoes at all to be perfectly honest, but the road to bare foot running begins with baby steps.

I'm in year 2 of my transition and I can finally run unlimited distances without straining my previously dormant muscle groups.
>>
>>35311000
This is someone who doesn't run regularly.

If you want some of the best at an okay price, shop Brooks. Solid shoes with real support and aren't shitty meme shoes.

http://www.brooksrunning.com/en_us/mens-running-shoes/
>>
>>35310850
>Are flat minimalist running shoes the way to go for someone who hasn't run in his life?
Hahaha if you want to destroy your feet, yeah
>>
>>35311080

Heel thumper pls, Reddit is somewhere that way.. -->
>>
>>35310850
Minimal shoes might trash your achilles if you don't have the ankle flexibility. If I were you I'd get fit at a specialty running shop (and then buy online)
>>
Never run in Nike shoes. They are shit for running. Buy some Brooks, New Balance etc.
>>
Hmmmmm ok

I have really bad flexibility in my hammies and calves, I'm talking I can barely even touch my toes

Been stretching multiple times a day, things are improving slowly

I guess I'll consult a running shoe store and go from there
>>
>>35310850
marathon runner here

those shoes are the fucking worst for running

just buy some asics shoes theyre the best quality running shoes
>>
what's the best sort of shoes to wear if you walk on concrete all day long? i mean walking like nonstop, not just standing around and shit.

currently wearing typical newbalances and using two sets of insoles, one for plantar fascia and one gel to replace the shitty foam.
>>
>>35310850
Asics, Saucony, New Balance. Find a proper running shoe store who will give your foot the type of shoe it needs.

Running in those Nikes will make you want to end yourself.
>>
File: 101495[1].jpg (127 KB, 570x377) Image search: [Google]
101495[1].jpg
127 KB, 570x377
>>35310850
running with these. Nike flyknit 3.0. they nice. The less padding on the heel the better. Learn to land on your forefoot.
>>
If you want minimalist running shoes, go Saucony. Ignitions are good and cheap. Otherwise, Saucony, Brooks, Asics all know more about making traditional running shoes than Nike. New Balance is good if you have wide feet.
>>
>>35310850
I literally have those shoes. I wouldnt use them for running.
>>
File: IMG_20150520_183641.jpg (86 KB, 423x1021) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150520_183641.jpg
86 KB, 423x1021
>>35310850
Sketchers go ride shoes
>inb4 autism :the shoes
Nah Nike balance is autism: the shoes
>>
>>35313116
I'm not concerned about my autism levels
>>
File: 1445437277853.jpg (14 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1445437277853.jpg
14 KB, 499x499
>>35312799
Kek have fun with that archilles tendonitis in the future m8
>>
>>35310850
>>35311021
buy into this barefoot meme, op. it's perfectly healthy as all experienced runners will tell you.
>>
What about Metcon1's, doug?
>>
>>35313641
Epin meme
>>
Everyone who talks shoes to me tells me either lunarglides or anything asics
>>
>>35310850
yeah go for barefoot shoes. i started out running as a 300 lb fat shit in addition to playing rugby. your feet will be ungodly sore for the first 2 weeks or so, but once that gets better barefoot running feels incredibly easy and freeing compared to padded "running" shoes. do barefoot sprints to figure out what proper forefoot running feels like.
>>
>>35310850

Girls who wear Nike Free's are sexy as fuck. It's practically the fucking uniform for hot chicks to have yoga pants, Nike Free's and a Jetta. So OP if you want to wear some Nike Free's and park your Jetta outside my place, I'll let you blow me you bulky fgt
>>
>>35310984
im sorry, what?

i was too occupied drooling ove4r that booty
>>
>>35310984

i bet her arsehole smells like poo
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.