[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>there are people who will make any excuse to not squat >there
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: alien.jpg (34 KB, 600x403) Image search: [Google]
alien.jpg
34 KB, 600x403
>there are people who will make any excuse to not squat
>there are people on fit mingling with these people

Goddamn you hit a new low
>>
ayy lmao
>>
the only one of my bros who lifts, sure does his squats. he's probably surpassed me by now. i only squat lmao3plate tho
>>
>le everyone must squat meme

Ive been lifting for 5 years, squatting for 5 years, and browsing this shitty imageboard for longer than that and I don't give a single fuck what anyone else does in the gym. Why the fuck do you care what other people do in the gym? I'd be willing to bet you look like absolute shit and just grasp at straws (the squat meme straw) to try and make yourself feel better about the fact you look like shit. The fact you squat makes you feel like you have at least 1 thing over the other people (who prob look better than you lol) and you're so god damn insecure about it that you feel the need to spam the squat meme over and over.

Just fuck off. Squatting has literally become the new fucking autistic meme in the last 2-3 years or so. Everyone fucking squats, even the most bro of bros. The fact you still act like people don't just shows how much of a newfag you're. 5 years ago I was literally 1 of 3 people at my gym who squatted, now everyone fucking does it...so much so that I had to buy a power rack at home and lift at home because the squat racks would always be taken up at my gym because of the fucking squat meme you faggots spout.
>>
>>35308893
This is true
Next to bench, a squat rack is the hardest thing to get ahold of in peak hours
>>
>Chiropractor gave me specific orders to stop squatting and deadlifting since my skeletal structure is all fucked up and needs to be fixed.

Doctor's orders fgt
>>
I didn't want to make a new thread just for this question.

skinny manlet reporting

been doing casual squats and pushups for a few months and haven't really noticed any differences

how bad can I fuck myself up if I add more weight to my upper body (like wearing a small backpack with 10kg in it) when doing these exercises?
>>
>>35308929
I have no idea what you're asking.
>>
>>35308928
obey the doctor and don't make the same mistake I did desu senpai
>>
I don't squat cause I apparently got some mobility issues and I can't do it properly whilst keeping a good form. I stretch and foamroll like a motherfucker but having had some serious back issues, I ain't taking the risk.

And honestly I don't feel like I need to squat. I do 10x10 in legpress instead and different squat variations like romanian etc. My legs look just fine.

Tbh honest I don't do deadlifts either. I'm not sure about the correct form and again, I'm not taking any risks with my back.
>>
>>35309006
>letting lack of knowledge on form keep you from doing 2 of the 3 best exercises there are instead of just asking someone experienced for help

lol nice
>>
>>35308968

I haven't gained an ounce of muscle and I blame my shitty overall body weight.

I want to wear a backpack with extra weight in it so I can make my muscles work a little bit more when squatting and pushing up.

All I want to know if this is going to fuck me up somehow.
>>
>>35309027
How about you just lift weights and eat like everyone else does to gain weight and strength...?
>>
>>35308977
Definitely - seeing the x-rays of my spine really hit it home for me.

I'm starting to notice that a lot of my body's quirks that I took for granted are the result of a lifetime of compensating for a fucked up spine.

Feels bad man.
>>
>>35309022
Yeah, but I honestly don't know anyone who would know what they are doing either. I go to this trendy gym with teenagers, seniors and middle aged fat women only.
>>
>>35309035

I don't own any weights and my appetite is shit.

You're going to laugh but pushups and squats is all I can do.

At least I actually own a backpack and can jam some heavy books in it or something.
>>
>Scared of squats, only do leg press shit
>Decide to start squatting
>Love it
>Hurt my hip diddly lifting
>Haven't been able to squat for two months

fuck mang
>>
>>35309079
>appetite meme

you're one of those...

Alright man read this very fucking carefully:

Your muscles will NOT grow unless you eat enough, and just adding 10kg or whatever to a backpack wont add muscle EVEN if you ate enough, its just not enough resistance.

Eating: You eat according to what your body needs to grow, NOT your fucking appetite. Stop being autistic, get a gym membership and start lifting.
>>
>>35309079
Appetite adapts to needs
I went from 115kg to 80kg and I don't feel ridiculously hungry at all times. I eat less and crave less. It works the same way upwards, you just need to eat more than you want consistently, the same way I ate less than I wanted.
>>
>>35309006
lmao faggot
>>
>>35308928
You'll be just fine man. You can make just as awesome leg gains with leg press (for quads, although glutes/hams are hit secondarh) + leg curl combo (for hamstrings, there's also leg curl variants that work the glutes). Leg extensions are also good as a high rep secondary quad move.

Leg press 4x6-8
Leg curl 4x6-8
Leg extension 3x10-12
Anothr Leg curl 3x10-12
Straight legged paused calves 4x6-8
Bent leg Calves (seated) 3x10-12

Great leg gains will come to you just doing that basic routine twice a week. You may be able to get away with some split squats since the amount of weight you use is less on the spine and you're very upright so less stress. But I'd be very careful. t b h if I were you just leg press bro and do leg machines. inb4 MUH TEST AND GH RELEASE MUH MACHINES UNNATURAL MOVEMENT PATTERN HURT YOU EVEN MORE
>>
File: 1447545055225.jpg (75 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1447545055225.jpg
75 KB, 1280x720
>I squat
>>
>>35308809
As long as they don't fucking use the squat rack for curls.

One time, me and this other guy were waiting for the squat rack. We both went in to use, and being the gracious soul I am, I let him use it first, and I just went to do deadlifts.

I turn around and the fucker is curling in it. Fuck people like that.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.