[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>eating oats instead of 100% Whole Wheat Bread >not doing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: fn.png (97 KB, 772x593) Image search: [Google]
fn.png
97 KB, 772x593
>eating oats instead of 100% Whole Wheat Bread
>not doing loaf of bread a day (LOBAD)
>confirmed for not making it
>>
File: 1450518348221.jpg (103 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
1450518348221.jpg
103 KB, 540x720
>he thinks all proteins are equal
>he thinks fitness is all about the proteins
>he picked some shitty oat to make oats look worse
>>
>>35308467
Bread has double the protein, so your point is invalid.
>>
>>35308489
topkek m8, let me guess, 19 years-old, 4 months training ?
>>
>>35308516
enlighten me.
>>
that bread breaks down into sugar real quick

that shit makes you fat
>>
>>35308732
Can any one elaborate on this?

I'm still learning about diets, and I only see foods as makeups of carbs, fats, protein, and micronutrients.
>>
>>35308778
Oats are complex carbs. Bread breaks down faster. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbohydrate#Classification
>>
>>35308732
>>35308778
>>35308823
>Glycemic Index
Momscience. Starch is starch is not sugar. The 90s called, they want their outdated popscience back you fucking retard.

I swear to God, you are probably too stupid to fucking shit.
>>
>>35308823
White bread breaks down faster. 100% whole wheat bread is still a complex carb, which would break down similarly to oats. People like you are the source of shitty broscience.
>>
>>35308489
>12g protons in 78 grams of bread
>6g protons in 48g oats
>double the protein

top kek m7.(9)

>>35308778

Glycemic index. Look it up. Not super important, but, for one, low GI foods will keep you sated for longer.
>>
>>35308778
yeah I'm confused too

what makes oats different from bread anyway?
>>
>>35308866
>which would break down similarly to oats
It doesn't. Even whole wheat bread is processed. That's why it's bread and not rye or wheat.

>>35308859
Then link better science, faggot. I've been eating oats and whole wheat bread all my life and there's a noticeable difference in how long this stuff takes to get in your system.
>>
>>35308947
True, 100% whole wheat bread is essentially the same thing as oats, and breaks down similarly. Not that psudo-whole wheat shit sold in most stores.

Also, do yourself a favor and Google Ezekiel bread.

Faggot
>>
>>35309020
Nigga, I live in Germany, I live and breathe bread. We get bread from a bakery, not a store. You're a fucking idiot, fuck off with your bible meme bread shilling. It's not essentially the same. Rye and wheat get broken down to a degree to make flour of it and made into a dough and then that shit gets heated up in a fucking oven. It's not the same as consuming oats, who only get slightly processed to be edible.

Faggot.
>>
>>35309181
http://www.fitday.com/fitness-articles/nutrition/healthy-eating/the-difference-between-whole-grain-whole-oats-and-whole-wheat.html

Whole oat is almost exactly the same thing as wheat processed into bread. Yes it's slightly easier for us to process it, but not that much easier. Arguing this point is like saying you shouldn't cook your eggs because it kills the protein.

White bread is shit
100% whole wheat is good
Oats are good
>>
Nice photoshop faggot. real stats on oatmeal:
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=123791821

>comparing oatmeal to bread

Just so everyone knows, this is a new meme.
>>
The avenanthramides and beta-glucan in oats give them an advantage, but bread is good too
>>
>>35309664
>Arguing this point is like saying you shouldn't cook your eggs because it kills the protein.
Nice strawman. Eggs are liquid and not a grain that gets broken down into a flour. This is about the speed shit gets into your bloodstream and denaturation of the protein of an egg actually helps with that. That article is just a description of stuff. I'm not saying whole grain bread is bad. Nutritional values overall are a bit worse than oats, but that doesn't really matter. If you want a lot of energy for lifting, it's actually preferable to oats. They are different in terms of how long they take to be digested, and not only slightly.
>>
File: 1439937086658.jpg (61 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1439937086658.jpg
61 KB, 960x720
>>35308433
>>confirmed for not making it

you missed your chance to say

>confirmed for not baking it
>>
oats > whole wheat bread > white bread

>oats cost way less
>you can mix oat with almost anything (fruits, nuts, whey)
>plain bread is boring. I bet some of you bread eaters always spread some peanut butter or other shit to make it taste better
>>
File: 4KornPS_123.jpg (104 KB, 1500x751) Image search: [Google]
4KornPS_123.jpg
104 KB, 1500x751
4 grains for the gains bro's
>>
>this shit
>bread
>>
>>35309811
Glycemic index of whole oats: 50ish
Glycemic index of non-shitty bread:
http://www.foodforlife.com/low-glycemic-index-bread.htm
>>
>>35309811
>>35310044
Also, for reference. Glycemic index IS essentially how fast it is broken down into usable energy, ie. how long it gives you energy (kinda)
>>
>>35308467
What are good oats? I usually buy those.
>>
>>35309181
DEUTSCHBRUDER ,
I'm taking German at uni right now but winter break starts in a few days, do you have any recommendations for movies/shows to watch so I can keep what little ear I have for it?

Also to stay on topic
>pleb teir dyed bread
>not Ezekiel Breadâ„¢
GLHF not making it breh
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.