[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pain after sqaut
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: blank-muscle-anatomy.jpg (75 KB, 600x510) Image search: [Google]
blank-muscle-anatomy.jpg
75 KB, 600x510
After squatz, I've gotten a slight pain, almost strain on my left side, somewhere inbetween my hip and inside portion of my upper thigh. Only feel it when I walk.

I can't tell if I'm not stretching enough, If I'm squatting wrong and straining a muscle,or if I'm fucking up my joints. It doesn't feel like the same kind of muscle soreness I get in my hamstrings, glutes and quads.
>>
>>35307905
It might be a strain on a hip flexor
>>
>>35307905
Id make sure to stretch your hips thoroughly before squatting, One of the most important things you can do, and something I neglected for far too long which resulted in me getting snapping hip syndrome and not utilising my hamstrings well
>>
>>35307905
Bro I have the exact same problem, and I've been trying to figure it out. I think there's a muscle imbalance somewhere and your cns is compensating by putting extra
Stress on hip flexors. Now excuse me I must Han Solo is killed by his son, Kylo Ren. Luke doesn't say anything and has 30 seconds of screentime. Kylo Ren survives the explosion at the end, leaving it set up for him to be the villain in the next movie.
>>
>>35307927
This is what I'm thinking. I'm also learning how to squat and don't have everything perfect.
I've only been trying to learn the "couch stretch" recently, still not sure how to do it right, or exactly the best form to get all the muscles involved.

Also I don't give 2 shits about starwars bro
>>
>>35307911
Good hip stretches?
>>
>>35308029
look up spiderman stretch

and do that sitting indian stretch

also,lay on your back, spread your legs, bend you knees, and pull down on knees.
>>
>>35307927
>>35307905
I used to feel the same but mostly while squatting high bar.
After i corrected my form it faded away.
Remember to put your feet shoulder widht apart, and your toes pointing 30° outwards.
>>
>>35308072
That and strong muscles.

My glutes are really weak and I just don't get any power from them, so I believe my Hip Flexors are doing more work than they should. Which makes sense I think.

I guess find accessory lifts that will isolate my glutes and hamstrings. I already look like a fucking fag with my ass pointed out though. Now I'm going to be with all the chicks with tight pants working out glutes.
>>
>>35308105
Meh, who cares bro, squats get up pretty fast, in a matter of months you will outlift many of the regulars.
>>
>>35308171
>>35308171
Only a few people at my gym go below parallel. One guy is huge and looks like he's on gear and the others are powerlifters. I'm not worried about doing better than people. I don't want to fuck my shit up, really the only thing I care about.
>>
>>35308105
>glutes are really weak
>hipflexors doing all the work
>not realizing glutes are hipflexors

Okay there new years resolutioner
>>
>>35308349
Ok. So I'm still learning how my anatomy affects how I lift. Yeah. I know. Which is why I'm trying to figure out what the fuck is hurting. The fuck.
>>
>>35308473
do a front hipflexor stretch.
>>
I have the exact same problem as you OP, even on the same side.

It seems to happen whenever i get to about 110kg on my squat and i have to reset to make it go away. My theory is that my the problem is a mixture of muscle imbalance and form. having weak glutes, hammys and spinal erectors means that you put extra load on your hip flexors and squatting with your left side dominant (aka your hip shoots to your left side when you squat and your right knee collapses in) means that you're putting even more force on the hip flexor that is already taking more of the load than it should be.

Try recording yourself from behind when you squat to see if your hips shoot to one side and do more hammy/glute accessories.
>>
>>35308105
Do you have a a pelvic tilt at all?
Anterior? If so, I know an easy fix
>>
>>35308349

Glutes are extensors and abductors, bro
>>
>>35310213
Not sure. Havent videotaped myself yet.
Right now I'm just focusing on going below parallel but not so low that my back is rocking down and winking.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.