[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will lifting every day harm my body /fit/? i have been doing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: 1440376638292.png (79 KB, 1372x1088) Image search: [Google]
1440376638292.png
79 KB, 1372x1088
Will lifting every day harm my body /fit/?
i have been doing so for the past 3 months and people are telling me that muscles need to rest for atleast 2 days and other similar stuff. Are they right?
Pic unrelated
>>
You lift every single day? what's your routine ?
>>
>>35307787

4 SCOOPS COME ON
>>
>>35307801
Bench press 9X65 (in kgs)
Shoulders 6X50
Biceps 6X14
Tricepts 6X40
Different abs exerices
>>
>>35307787
Each muscle needs two days or so to recover. So as long as you train different muscles the two days afterwards you're good. If you're training the same ones you'll end up overtraining.

Honestly, if you're new to lifting, you shouldn't be lifting everyday. Not until you've been doing it for a year or so. And even then only for a few months
But your body your rights
>>
>>35307823
what will happen if i overtrain?
>>
>>35307787
if you aren't stalling in your lift progression, then i guess you don't need to rest.

usually natty lifters will stall pretty quick (usually within the first week) if they start training pretty quick.

which leads to people sacrificing progression for frequency, which is a horrible idea, and leads to nogainz.

but if every day you can lift, and progress on your lifts every workout, then why rest?

also
>>35307801
>what's your routine ?
this
>>
>>35307826
Get tired as all fuck and completely stop making process. I call it reverse gains. It's not worth it. You also need more time to recover from overtraining then normal.
>>
>>35307826
your strength plummets, and you can't progress on your lifts.

the fact that you lift everyday, and can't bench terribly more than 1pl8 seems to indicate you have stalled on your bench progress, unless you only started lifting 3 months ago, and are still progressing on it..... but even then, 3 months of progressing every day, you would be benching more than 2pl8 by now....
>>
>>35307787
Yeah dude my number #1 piece of advice is Han Solo is killed by his son, Kylo Ren. Luke doesn't say anything and has 30 seconds of screentime. Kylo Ren survives the explosion at the end, leaving it set up for him to be the villain in the next movie.
>>
>>35307843
>tfw i haven't seen the movie and still don't give a shit about spoilers
how is this supposed to "spoil" the movie for me?
i don't get it.

thanks for the sneak preview tho, anon.
>>
>>35307787
Eat enough, sleep enough and take deload week once in a while and you be fine mane.
>>
>>35307819
hmm... you didn't answer my question.

Are your workouts pre-established (abs and legs on monday, biceps and back on tuesday, etc...)
>>
>>35307823
>overtraining

Some of the best squatters in the world squat over 90% every fucking day dude.

"Just because i walked to work yesterday, doesnt mean i cant walk today"
>>
>>35307857
nah, i do the same stuff every day
>>
>>35307869

ugh... that doesn't work. age/height/weight/picture?
>>
>>35307892
Hold on let me make one
>>
File: IMG_20151219_213434.jpg (2 MB, 2336x4160) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151219_213434.jpg
2 MB, 2336x4160
>>35307892
Age 19
Height 182 cm
Pic related
>>
>>35307908
>
oh and weight is 68kg
>>
>>35307908

yeah you're lacking pretty much everything besides abs. Abs recover much faster than other muscles. That's why you have a great 6-pack with spaghetti arms. I would advise you to do a split, and to do abs every 2 days.

If you're telling me you can bench every single day, that means you're not benching as heavy/intense as you should be. Remember that muscles grow after you exhausting them at the gym. If you hit the same muscles everyday then they don't have enough time to recover.

PS: don't bulk, chicks will dig your abs
>>
>>35307863
>comparing the average beginner to world class athletes on god tier amounts of pharmaceuticals
theres a reason theyre bodies can take the constant abuse. Its called gear
>>
>>35307992
>abs recovers much faster than other muscles
sure as hell sounds sketchy.. have you got a study to prove this? you sure they aren't just harder to stimulate 'till DOMS because you use them for literally everything?
i can't imagine protein synthesis is like
>yeah bro come on! gotta recover those abs faster than anything!
>>
File: u wot m8.png (70 KB, 260x284) Image search: [Google]
u wot m8.png
70 KB, 260x284
>>35307908
>182 cm
>68kg
>>
>>35307843
what happens to dumbledore?
>>
if i had the time and the body i would probably train every day

but my joints are fucking retarded and 4 times per week is the max, even that causes issues
>>
>>35309205

why does everything needs a study in order to be legit on /fit/ ?

I'm speaking from personal experience. Abs every 2 days is okay for me, the muscle group is almost 100% back 48 hours after, which doesn't apply to my triceps/pec day, needing 3 days to fully recover
>>
>>35309519
>why does everything needs a study in order to be legit on /fit/ ?

>people totally can't lie on the internet, why would they?
>>
>>35307843
>Kylo Ren survives the explosion at the end, leaving it set up for him to be the villain in the next movie.
They dont even show this in the movie you turbo autist
>>
I do full-body everyday in my home-gym. But I only do 2 sets per lift/bodypart.

I basically walk around with a full-body pump 24/7 nowdays. Feels good mane. Ive been lifting for 4 years though, not sure if I'd recommend this for new lifters.
>>
>>35309519
because, if a study, or something else, can't prove it, then you shouldn't run around preaching it to people
just because your body is like that, doesn't mean someone else's is
please don't give genereal advice based on your own experience unless stated so. I can't count how many times this shit fucked me up when i first started out.
>>
>>35307869
2 times a week max. Need 3 days rest
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.