[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need to know what the impacts on my health is working 15 hour
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 74452023_51610c.jpg (38 KB, 620x413) Image search: [Google]
74452023_51610c.jpg
38 KB, 620x413
I need to know what the impacts on my health is working 15 hour shifts daily for 6 days a week on the road.

Basically I'm in a issue of being forced to work these shifts with no choice.

I fell asleep on the motorway doing 85 Mph nearly totaled the car.

apart from this what can be the long term health impacts of being worked like this???
>>
File: B3ZdAWhCcAEdU7B.jpg:large.jpg (128 KB, 1024x684) Image search: [Google]
B3ZdAWhCcAEdU7B.jpg:large.jpg
128 KB, 1024x684
>being forced to work these shifts with no choice

You do have another choice, get another job. Unless the money is out of this world you're being worked like a kaffir.
>>
>>35304752

Basically, everything that can get fucked up will. Longterm sleep deprivation and overwork is terrible for the body.
>>
physiology-wise, none. you'll get used to it. i was working 24 or 19 hour shifts as a security guard. you simply learn to cope with it. mentally, it will eventually destroy you. if you its for the long run seek a new job.
>>
>>35304752
can't u quit?
are they holding a gun to ur head?
>>
>>35304837
>>35304809
Basically the money is ridiculous for the role.

I just cannot afford to be without a job at the moment to be honest.

>>35304827
One thing I've noticed is that I have 0 appetite and haven't eaten properly in 4 days
>>
>>35304863
>One thing I've noticed is that I have 0 appetite and haven't eaten properly in 4 days

That surprises me. When I'm sleep deprived I always crave food because my body need to find the energy to function somewhere else. You won't last if you don't at least eat enough.
>>
>>35304918
Well I started off eating lots of crap but then I just stopped having any reason to eat so I have my breakfast at 4 am and dinner at 9.30 pm an that is it
>>
>>35304926

Make sure you don't start skipping those.

How long are you planning to do this? If you're a healthy dude, you might manage this for a while, even though it's not ideal.
>>
>>35304752
sleep some days at work, by parking your car on their site. If cops bother you be honest and say you are working a long shift and needed some rest...
>>
>>35304951
i'm trying to get out asap
>>
>>35304972

Yeah, good idea. If you can't get out within 5-6 months or so, you might want to consider quitting. I can't image you can stay sane if you do it that long.
>>
>>35305010
i've already had a row with the boss who told me to chose work over family
>>
>>35304752
Sleep is very important. 15 hour shifts will allow you only about 8 hours of sleep max and nothing else.
Not good for your psychology as you will only be working and sleeping.
Quit that shit and find something better.
>>
>>35305024

I'm curious, who are your co-workers? Have they worked there long?
>>
>>35305103
the longest serving guy has been there about a year n half and he is basically a dribbling souless individual.

the rest of them have the IQ of about 15 who have been there 3-4 months
>>
>>35304752
Helathwise, you're gonna be fucked. A lot of research has been done on this using junior doctors so you could google / pubmed / google scholar some of those. Usually tiedd into studies looking at allostatic load.
Seriously, look up the studies, it's bad shit

Of the top of my head you'll be contributing to
>Worse lipid profile
>High blood pressure
>Greater risk of heart attacks, strokes and other cardiovascular diseases even controlling for the above.
>Greater risk of depression and other mental illnesses
>Decreased immune function - more frequent and more severe infections, (slightly) greater risk of cancer
>Hormonal disturbances of various kinds, low test etc
>Raised inflammatory markers possibly contributing to conditions such as arthritis, etc and further impairing muscle development
>Increased risk of erectile dysfunction
>>
>>35304809
LOOOOOOOOOOL miskien is hy n kaffir
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.