[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
oats
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 9
File: oats.jpg (10 KB, 310x163) Image search: [Google]
oats.jpg
10 KB, 310x163
why are oats such a gimmick on this board?

they're about as nutritious as bread so why do people shill them so much? what exactly is so good about them?
>>
>>35304408
>oats is same as bread

Yeah, no... fuck off
>>
>>35304420
minuscule and irrelevant difference m8
>>
First off, almost all of murica has shitty, flappy, vomit inducing bread. It basically has no nutrition at all. So telling burgers to eat oats is already better than that. Oats have more protein content than bread, especially Leucine. They are rich in fiber. They have a shit load of vitamins.

If you live in a country that actually has good bread, you might something that's as close as good as oats are. Most bakeries here in Krautfagland don't give a lot of information about the nutritional value of the bread you buy though, so good luck, faget.
>>
>>35304408
They're calorie dense so good for bulking. Have beta-glucans so they're energy that's slowly released into the bloodstream and doesn't spike insulin, have magnesium and are proven to lower cholesterol which if you're eating as much eggs and chicken breast as the average fitizen is pretty handy.
>>
File: breadvoats.jpg (175 KB, 823x623) Image search: [Google]
breadvoats.jpg
175 KB, 823x623
1.4x as much protein as bread, with a better amino acid profile and 1/4 of the price
>>
>>35304751
Also look at dat sodium.
>>
>>35304716
oats are not calorie dense
>>
They're also a great early breakfast. I fucking hate it when I wake up early, eat, and then feel tired right away again.
>>
>>35304776
saying they are not calorie dense make you look like a dense stupid fuck
>>
File: 1445113987936.jpg (157 KB, 640x839) Image search: [Google]
1445113987936.jpg
157 KB, 640x839
Cheap, fiber, filling, and the variety of ways you can change the flavor or texture of it to suit your preference.
>>
>>35304751
where do you get oats that have 17g of protein? max i found was 13
>>
File: 555.jpg (25 KB, 600x375) Image search: [Google]
555.jpg
25 KB, 600x375
>>35304776
>>
>>35304787

yeah oats are the absolute G.O.A.T. breakfast

theres no way you dont get lots of energy from them in the morning
>>
>>35304849
The protein stats are often for a serve containing milk. In Australia one oats company recently got fined by the consumer watchdog and had to remove the claims that their oats were high in protein because their serving suggestion was with milk and most of the protein came from the milk.
>>
>>35304834
oats aren't considered calorie dense

and by saying "dense stupid", you're saying stupid twice, you dumb fuck
>>
>>35304869
>389 calories in a 100 gram serve
>Not calorie dense

You dense motherfucker.
>>
>>35304862
I fucking love how just Australia is. Such a based, fair dinkum country
>>
>>35304876
oats are considered a lower calorie density food

they are considered nutrient dense

you won't find a single mention online of oats being calorie dense
>>
>>35304849
http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/cereal-grains-and-pasta/5708/2
>>
>>35304876
Think about it. If eaten cooked, it has the lowest calorie density of any grain (about 325 calories per pound of cooked oatmeal). The oats absorb the water.
>>
>>35304408
ez n good
>>
I thought oats were a meme. But since eating them, I've been making poop gains.
>>
>>35304841
is that a boy or a grill
if boy post sauce/name
>>
>they're about as nutritious as bread
u wot m8?
>>
>>35305279
>I don't know reversed image search
Grill, latina. Go search her.
>>
>>35304834
150cal for 1/2 cup uncooked is not calorie dense.
>>
>>35304691
Sieg heil bruder
>>
oats are god-tier, whatever your goals are

need complex carbs before that 2-hours session at the gym? oats with banana slices

need to cut without being too letargic? plain oats

you bulkin' nigga? oats with almonds and maple syrup

looking for a very quick gains breakfast? oats, whey, water, fruits. Blend and chug it down

oats confirmed for GOAT bang for buck
>>
Lets make something useful out of this thread. How do you eat your Oats /fit/?
>>
>>35304751

Also, no sugar, and more fiber
>>
>>35304691
Although its true most among divan groceries will have the over processed sugar bread, there are places/brands that carry real food. I usually shop at trader Joe's where its not hard to find normal.whole grain bread that's better than oats. Oats are good for those who have limited transportation and access to decent food like if you're in the south or something. But I live in Los Angeles, so damn skippy I can get affordable real food. Sucks if you're stuck in the south or something though
>>
>>35304408
because there are two types of /fit/izens on this board

skellies and fatties

oats/foods high in carbs are good for one and bad for the other
>>
Also, oats have a long shelf life and bread doesn't.
>>
http://nutritionfacts.org/video/can-oatmeal-reverse-heart-disease/
>>
Oats are acidic and not very micronutrient dense.
>>
@ the people shitting on oats, please name a more convenient source of complex carbs

also
>inb4 carbs are bad
>>
>>35308127
Wat
>>
>>35304691
What if I get bread from a bakery, instead of the supermarket?
>>
>>35308169
why do you need carbs?

eggs, fish, meat, beans and vegetables sort me out just fine.
>>
>>35308169
Potatoes
>>
>>35308202
>beans

beans are full of carbs for the record.
>>
>>35308223
they have a lot less carbs and a lot more protein though
>>
A good diet has plenty of whole grains in it and oats are arguably the tastiest whole grain and the easiest to prepare. Same reason everyone here eats broccoli.
>>
\>>35308332
>grains
>good diet
kek
>>
File: fedora15.jpg (190 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
fedora15.jpg
190 KB, 2048x1536
>>35308332
>I compare valueless food that contains nothing but carbs to glorious broccoli
>>
>>35308211
potatoes? oh please... there's a reason they take potatoes for french fries. It's a pretty crappy vegetable/starch and not a complex carb. Sweet potatoes are fine though.

>>35308291
bean are okay, but still inferior to oats as a carb source.
>>
>>35308383
jeez where the fuck do people find these photos
>>
>>35308431
there was a massive fedora battle in /brit/ where I harvested my collection
>>
File: fn.png (97 KB, 772x593) Image search: [Google]
fn.png
97 KB, 772x593
>>
File: whole grain vs refined.jpg (236 KB, 964x1006) Image search: [Google]
whole grain vs refined.jpg
236 KB, 964x1006
>>35308357

>grains make me think of THE GOVERNMENT! they must be bad!

>>35308383

How are oats valueless? They're similar to other whole grains, lowering your risk of nearly every diet-related disease, keeps your arteries healthy and your blood sugar stable, protects your colon from cancer and diverticular disease, etc
>>
File: 14503765685300.gif (3 MB, 300x252) Image search: [Google]
14503765685300.gif
3 MB, 300x252
>>35304408
>about as nutritious as bread
>>
NOT eating oats literally kills you.
>>
>>35308591
see:
>>35308470
>>
>>35308678
http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/baked-products/4868/2

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/cereal-grains-and-pasta/5708/2

compare 100g to 100g - data is prettified from the raw USDA source
>>
>>35308518
Keep falling for a marketing campaign. The government puts up propaganda about grains because they benefit from subsidizing them. They lie about and overstate their health benefits, which scientists who aren't affiliated with grain production have actually disproven. But no surprise there seeing how they lie about so many other things like anthropogenic global warming and the harms of secondhand smoking.
>>
>>35304408
Good GI, easy to prepare and most importantly easy to consume yet still keeps you full for a long time.

Bulking: A large bowl of oats is infinitely easier to eat than 4 slices of bread.
Cutting: A small bowl of oats keeps you full longer than a slice of bread.
Leangaining: Oats is easier to micromanage compared to bread.
>>
>>35308920

>Keep falling for a marketing campaign. The government puts up propaganda about grains because they benefit from subsidizing them

By the government are you including every government of every nation on the planet earth? Because literally every recognized committee and group that specializes in nutrition and health for public policy agree that whole grains are healthy and a staple of any good diet. Surely you're not suggesting there's a global conspiracy between governments to make everyone unhealthy for profit (which isn't a smart idea considering healthcare costs are a bitch).

>They lie about and overstate their health benefits, which scientists who aren't affiliated with grain production have actually disproven.

Okay, go ahead and show me
>>
Public policy promotes all kinds of nonsense. Grains aren't really unhealthy or healthy. Just neutral. They're cheap to produce and have a long shelf life. The obsession with the pseudoscience that is climate change causes grain producers to advertise their "sustainability" and everyone eats it right up. Healthcare costs could come down if people ate healthier foods but that means big pharma and EPA et al wouldn't benefit.
>>
>>35304751
Imma need a linkaroo to that site.
>>
How do I tell if bread is good or not?
>>
>>35310810
general rule of food. If it tastes good, it's probably bad for you
>>
>>35310418

Are you this guy? >>35308920

Make your case, friend. Throw some science at me.
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.