[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Foods
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 7
File: north.jpg (583 KB, 1024x679) Image search: [Google]
north.jpg
583 KB, 1024x679
>4 Surprising Foods Packed With Estrogen

>mfw it's all the shit autismo Scooby and veganfags eat and constantly advocate

http://www.alternet.org/food/4-surprising-foods-packed-estrogen-chemical-linked-obesity-and-sexual-dysfunction
>>
>>35301926
>The European Union disagrees about the dangers and boycotts US beef, which is swimming in the hormones oestradiol-17, trenbolone acetate

Rippletits was right, GOMAD is as good as steroids
>>
>>35302201
look at the amounts, milk has thousands of times less of that than beans, peas not speaking of soy

inb4 the whole phytoestrogens bs
>>
>>35304400
> A hundred grams of flax packs an astounding 379,380 micrograms of estrogen

> Soy, which packs 103,920 micrograms of estrogen per 100 grams

> Legumes like chickpeas (garbanzo beans) red beans, black-eyed peas, green peas and split peas are also estrogenic and black beans pack 5,330 micrograms of estrogen per 100 grams. Hummus (from chickpeas) has 993 micrograms of estrogen per 100 grams

>Milk, for example, is said to provide 1.2 micrograms of estrogen per 100 grams.

so 1.2 vs hundreds of thousands or thousands/100g
>>
>>35304429
That's one of the reasons why vegans have no gains I guess
>>
>>35304429
>>35304400
Aw man, I love peas. Good source of vitamin C and punnet squares.
>>
>>35301926
>tfw badly allergic to soy and all kinds of beans
t-thanks nature
>>
>>35304595
>punnet squares

Kek I get it
>>
Should I throw my tea tree oil creams out?
I doubt they do anything at all anyway.
>>
>>35304645
Yes
>>
File: 1448848839469.jpg (1 MB, 1944x2592) Image search: [Google]
1448848839469.jpg
1 MB, 1944x2592
>>35304429
> A hundred grams of flax packs an astounding 379,380 micrograms of estrogen
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
NO
NOOOOOOOOOO
WHY
>>
>>35301926
tbqh if your eating vegan like scooby or that green dude then your estrogen levels are already elevated

veganism is a symptom of low test not the cause
>>
Memes aside, is anyone actually surprised? I've yet to meet a vegan who wasn't effete or feminine as fuck.
>>
>>35304400
>>35304429
phytoestrogens in the right amount are beneficial

they are less active than your bodys natty estrogen and bind with receptors in cells so that natty estrogen can't and this actually lowers the amount of active estrogen in your body

different phytoestrogens are active to different degrees, im not sure which ones are worse altho i know soy had alot of bad rep about it

taking large amounts of phyto's is still gonna fuck your hormone profile up tho
>>
>>35304400
>phytoestrogen bs

We were taught this in third year chemistry at uni, it ain't bs. Endocrine disruptors have effects all throughout the natural world.
>>
>>35304771
>veganism is a symptom of low test not the cause

Then why aren't most grills vegans?
>>
>>35304828
Same reason most girls ain't thin. No fucking willpower.
>>
>>35304783
they are all cunts, the lots of them. Near my house they started selling vegan croissants. VEGAN CROISSANTS
>>
>>35304793
>soy had alot of bad rep about it
yeah, no shit, it's full of estrogen

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18558591
>>
>>35304828
girls are low test in comparison to men but girls can suffer from low test too
and these girls will be vegans

girls have a healthy normal range of test granted its much lower than ours but they still have a normal amount
this can drop causing lots of problems

its ignorant to just call all girls low test because they have less test than us
your comparing two different sexes with different hormone profiles
>>
>>35304835

Can confirm.

>be freshmen in college
>grill friend says her bf turned vegan
>she says she likes it cuz
>his body's gone all soft like a grill's
>waitwhat.gif
>protolesbo.exe?
>what's the point of having male bf when you like him soft like a grill?
>>
>>35304840
all i was saying is i havent actually read what shitty foods contain the most estrogen

i try to stay away from phyto's as much as i can and all of the foods containing them
shits impossible in this day and age when there even used in air fresheners and shit
>>
>>35304861
I just know I'll stay the fuck away from anything with flax or soy, and try to avoid eating legumes too often.
>>
>>35304877
same
>>
I eat Pinto beans often, should I stop?
>>
>>35301926
>the woman in that pic
>so primal

brehs
>>
does eating oestrogen really give you higher oestrogen levels?

it's not like it's true with cholesterol
>>
>>35304856
so the phytoestrogens are enough to make you look bloated?
I may have to rethink my food choices
>>
>>35305142
good point, we need a /fit consensus on this issue.
Phytoestrogens have selective effects on E alpha and beta receptors. Some papers suggest they raise bone density in men while not being detrimental to potency/health in general.
Another issue is maybe an gestagen/estrogen imbalance in men caused by the consumption of said foods.

Biology students! Help!
>>
>>35301926
Damn those kids are cute af
>>
>>35305142
Yes. It's as well known as the fact that eating carrots makes you orange, eating cow makes you grow 4 tits and eating milk makes your spit turn to cum.
>>
File: 1452369874563.jpg (52 KB, 424x283) Image search: [Google]
1452369874563.jpg
52 KB, 424x283
>>35301926
Thats why I eat at least 100g of Pumpkin seeds a day
>>
>>35301926
God damn /fit/ don't take away my beans. I eat around 200 to 300 gram every evening because i love them, they fill me up and therefore help me cut. Are you saying now i am slowly turning into a woman because of this?
>>
These thing keep chanhing every fucking week. What type of food CAN YOU EVEN EAT AT THIS POINT?

Seeds and nuts were supposed to be good for T levels, but now they aren't?

I'm seriosuly confised by all this, /fit/
>>
>>35305341
I agree. I hate nutritional sciences. There is a study for every type of food that says it is healthy and a counter study that says it isn't. I just stopped listening and go by common sense. Don't eat too much heavily processed shit and leave out foods that aggravate you in some way. Also don't buy the cheapest meat.
>>
>>35301926
>again the phytoestrogen meme
how many times should we have threads on this, linking shitty or obscure sites/blogs?
It has been debunked enough times
>>
>>35305377
Agree. Just use common sense when eating food and stay away from shit that's obviously bad for you.
>>
>>35304851
>not wanting to kill innocent herbivores for no reason
>used critical thinking to get here

hurr durr low test beta im alfa hunter who is actually herbivore lol but i live lie i live a lie
>>
>>35305341
>These thing keep chanhing every fucking week.
soy was always known for this. flax surprised me, but I should've just looked at the faggy homos advocating it to realize this.

>Seeds and nuts were supposed to be good for T levels, but now they aren't?
there's plenty of choice from seeds and nuts that aren't flax
>>
>>35304793

This, to be perfectly frank with everyone.

Keep taking some flax to keep those bowels moving. You're not taking 100 grams of it.
>>
File: 1425866756825.png (2 MB, 1462x1462) Image search: [Google]
1425866756825.png
2 MB, 1462x1462
>mfw all the fags here scooping there whey to bigger breasts
>>
I've been eating lots of peanuts recently and my nipples have shrinked. I think the phytoestrogens block your estrogen receptors from real estrogen.
>>
>>35302201
>zeranol
lol at that selective reading

denial much?
>>
>>35305730
>Keep taking some flax to keep those bowels moving
there are better options if you want fiber, and there are infinitely better options if you want omega 3s

but you can keep castrating yourself, m8
>>
>>35301926

The author undermines the legitimacy of the whole piece by showing a willingness to pull pure speculation from other websites, which he seems quick to acknowledge have no basis in fact.

Good to know about legumes though. I'll have to think more about that as I eat a lot of beans. Sadly I can't benefit from the milk hormones as I'm dairy free.
>>
>>35305177
Eating carrots and sweet potatoes does make you orange. It happened to me last year when I would eat an assload of those foods for lunch every day.
>>
File: slashthread.png (20 KB, 1991x488) Image search: [Google]
slashthread.png
20 KB, 1991x488
>>35305392
>>
Wait, so....I can't eat tofu? Aw man
>>
>>35307719
>Zeranol, an estrogen-like drug widely used in US livestock production is especially controversial. "Our laboratory has reported that long-term exposure to either Z [zeranol] or E2 [estradiol-17β] can induce transformation of human breast epithelial MCF-10A cells,"

or u.s. beef, unless you want gyno
>>
>>35307759
Well I don't eat red meat anyways so I think I'm good, but I had some tofu the other day and I really liked it. I knew about soy/soybeans but I didn't think it was /that/ bad
>>
>>35304457
but scooby eats tons of those and chances are that you are not better looking then scooby
>>
>>35305341
Its kinda the same with supplements/protein powders that weight lifting stores have.

There are about a thousand of them and they all have accompanying research with them that proves that they work. But any sane man will know that you cannot possibly take a thousand of different powders.

So you try to remove the base rate fallacy. Which is trying to find nutritional science that is far away removed from brands. Its hard to find the truth in this forest but you must never let the shills win.

I managed to find out that the "nutritional guidelines" thing is the most accurate to what you should eat. That means only good carbs, complex carbs like brown rice and whole grain bread. Because we know for sure that our muscles have glucose reserves, called Glycogen. We know that muscles deplete that when lifting weights. And they also deplete when you do other sports like running. You can load up on carbs, you can deprive yourself of them. These are pretty good and basic tests that you can do to yourself to make sure that at least this lore is true.

The base science around protein is also completely confirmed. That means that at the very least, you should take protein if you want to build muscle, 1 gram to 1.4 grams per lean weight to grow.

Beyond that it becomes shill territory. Though personally I can safely say without a doubt that you can say fuck you to all sugars.

So without shilling, do a paleo diet, but forget about the part of the paleo diet that says that complex carbs are bad too. Also do a little bit of the MIND diet and add olive oil and fish.
>>
Oh no I ate some tofu the other day! might as well put on a dress and watch sissy hypno because im pretty much a woman now.
>>
>>35307896
LONDON
O
N
D
O
N
>>
>>35304840

>"an unusual case"

doesn't this imply soy doesn't normally cause this?
>>
>Flax
Nah.

>Soy
It has been known for a while that it gives you tits and only women and starbucks hipsters eat it anyway.

>Animal Products
Most of men I know eat meat and drink various amounts of milk, none of them seem to have any problems. In general whole generations were fed these without any estrogen-related issues. Then again I'm an europoor, can't tell whats happening in Murika.

>Beans

Mixed feelings about this, one one hand I love beans, on the other I get winds that make my anus bleed.

What substitute should I use?
>>
>>35301926
>alternet.org
is this a reliable source now?
>>
>>35304729
flax fucking sucks in all ways, why do you want it to be good for you?
>>
>>35301926
>Rosenburg

Gosh goyims
Wonder who's behind this article
>>
>>35307896
this is what autiScooby wants you to do, btw
>>
>>35308094
>What substitute should I use?
A nice big cock will do the job
>>
>>35301926
That shit's been debunked a million times, but fags aren't getting the memo. The "estrogen" in there is not the same estrogen that women produce, and is not absorbed into your system.
>>
Will eating a ton of brocolli even it out if i eat soy products? I've heard it lowers estrogen, but i don't know how much
>>
>>35308816
do you even know what roids are made of? a plant. you're moron if you think hormones are not absorbed.
>>
>>35304729
flax made my skin super smooth and made my eyes bigger/have a glow to them

dunno if this is related to estrogen or better attraction or just x10000 broscience
>>
>>35301926
>legumes
Do peanuts count?
>>
>>35304783
i know a vegan but she's androg as fuck

both bro humor and feminine save the planet crap
>>
>>35305341
OATS ONLY
N SQUATS
>>
the only thing i've read that i kind of believe is that Asprin + Vit E lowers your estrogen

http://sluthate.com/w/How_to_lower_estrogen
>>
File: 1450474068579.jpg (57 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1450474068579.jpg
57 KB, 500x375
Why are there so many foods with estrogen but none with testosterone
>>
>>35306859
That just means your breasts are gearing up for milk production
>>
>giving a shit about a few points either way in testosterone or estrogen levels when you're in the normal range anyway

you're the same fucks who take cold showers to raise your test by 3ng/ml for an hour aren't you
>>
>>35305341
Exactly.

Now my 2 cents on the issue: i am on trt, i know how my levels are, i noticed that my estro goes DOWN when i eat peas, however ,as anybody who knows about this shit will tell you that does not mean anything by itself, it could very well be the other way around.

So again, should i stop eating peas? They are the only vegetable i like to eat goddamit.
>>
>>35309443

> i noticed that my estro goes DOWN when i eat peas, however ,as anybody who knows about this shit will tell you that does not mean anything by itself, it could very well be the other way around.

Peas (and all the other foods in OP's link) are a good source of fiber that binds to estrogen, which you then shit out

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7144835

It's one of the reason a high fiber diet lowers the risk of breast cancer in women
>>
>>35309443
how does one measure T levels so easily?
>>
>>35309324
I doubt I'm in the normal range, but I'm not deluded enough to think I can raise it appreciably in a natural way
>>
>>35305277
Why? do these counter the effects of the phytoestrogens or something?
>>
>>35310982
kind of
>>
>>35309533
that study says they just shit more

> We conclude that vegetarian women have an increased fecal output, which leads to increased fecal excretion of estrogen and a decreased plasma concentration of estrogen.
>>
>>35313560
sauce me on that shit bro, i cant find anything other then it containing zinc..
>>
>>35304877
does this include peanut butter, too?
>>
http://chriskresser.com/grass-fed-vs-conventional-meat-its-not-black-or-white/
Interesting facts about meat hormone levels
>>
>>35310443
blood testing for test, nipple sensitivity for estrogens.
>>
File: UFCYoshihiroAkiyama.jpg (140 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
UFCYoshihiroAkiyama.jpg
140 KB, 450x600
>mfw people believe the soy/tofu meme
>>
>>35317571

>no references in the entire article
>chriskresser
Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.