[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Making oats
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
File: 1450233989453.jpg (58 KB, 612x353) Image search: [Google]
1450233989453.jpg
58 KB, 612x353
I just have to eat 100g of oats in the morning. But even that I can't eat for shit, because it's disgusting.

First question is, why is it asked to cook the oats or microwave them, why not raw?

Second question is, how do you prepare them?

Same question for tuna, if you guys eat natural canned tuna.
>>
>>35298807

60g of oats and 250ml of milk, 2.5min x1 and 1 min x1.

Eat.
>>
>>35298807
You cook it to break down the starch as it's pretty difficult to digest.
You don't have to do that, but you should either soak it or make sure to drink sufficient amount of water afterwards. Also prepare for some stomach ache should you neglect any of the prior.

I personally put 100g of oats in a bowl
pour about 150ml of boiling water in it
let sit for 3 or so minutes
put some honey or some banana in it
>>
I eat them raw and so do most non-american people. We all know americans have shit taste and shit mentality so it would be wise not to follow their examples.

I always switch it up, but today I ate 150g oats with coconut sugar and dates and coconut water + maca powder. Taste delicious.
>>
>>35298834
> 2.5min x1 and 1 min x1.

What does that mean?
>>
Here bro:

>boil the oats
>down it with natural apple juice no added sugar or bullshit like that, it costs extra but is better for you
>eat a handful of lentils with it, or sprinkle them on
Lentils taste pretty good and are loaded with protein and will make the oatmeal taste a lot better

>Why is it asked to cook the oats or microwave them, why not raw
I guess you can eat them raw, but they gonna taste like crap. Also, eating raw oats makes it harder for your stomach to digest them because they're hard as a rock, when cooked them become smooth and easily digestible.

>How do prepare them
Boil them in water. Get quaker oats, best brand, and follow boiling directions. Don't microwave it, it tastes like shit. Boiling gives you the natural flavor which is just plain.

>Should you add milk?
You can, but not if you're trying to lose weight or cut. Pure oatmeal + lentils will help get you pure, lean muscle mass
>>
>>35298807
I eat 120g of oats with a bunch of cinnamon, honey, and 90g of peanut butter as a snack.
>>
>>35298929
So you eat them without milk? Damn.
>>
>>35298938
I'm from Scandinavia and I have never heard anyone eating those raw.

The reason why you boil them is that the taste gets better and it's good for your digestion. I mean the slime is really great for tummy.
>>
>>35298992
strong 900kcal "snack" you got there, fatty
>>
>>35298807
Nigga this is my shit.
>Boil oats until nice and thick and all water is gone
>Add peanut butter
>Add raw unsalted almonds
>Devour
My dick is hard just thinking about it.
>>
>>35298977
This is my reccomendation for both cutting/shredding/losing weight or bulking.

Losing Weight / Cutting / Building Lean Muscle Mass:
1 Bowl of oatmeal, 3-4 big scoops of oatmeal
30 grams of lentils (about 3-4 handfuls)
Natural apple juice and three cups of water

BULKING:
2-3 BOWLS of oatmeal, deending on how big your stomach is already. You don't want to eat too much, too soon. If you just started bulking and eating a lot, you gotta progress. a lot of people eat a bunch of shit too soon and get fat as fuck, that's why their only gains are fat.
If you're just starting bulking eat two big bowls of oatmeal + milk with 40g's of lentils, 2 pieces of natural bacon and a piece of white bread.

If you've been bulking and eat a lot, but looking for healthy alternative or a different breakfast meal plan, try:

3-4 bowls of oatmeal, re use the milk, no more than 1 1/2 cup total, have a glass of apple juice and three cups of water.

Water is essential. A lot of people overlook that shit
>>
File: 1439729281425.jpg (34 KB, 485x440) Image search: [Google]
1439729281425.jpg
34 KB, 485x440
put 100g of oats in bowl, add ~500ml liquid of choice, add fruits of any kind (optional)
microwave until oats start to rise (about 6 1/2min here)
enjoy

and stop asking retarded questions.
>>
>>35298992
>120g of oats
>bunch of cinnamon
>honey
>90g of peanut butter
>snack

I don't care if this is a snack or a full meal, are you a fucking bear or something? cut it down bro
>>35298998
Unless you're bulking, you should eat it without milk. I eat my oatmeal without milk, you get used to it.
>>
>>35298939

microwave for 2.5 minutes, stir, microwave for 1 minute, eat. Put some honey and nuts in to make it better.
>>
>>35299029
That's good shit right there bro. You cutting, or bulking? What's your body fat
>>35298938
Nobody please take this bait. Eating the oats raw isn't good for you, and they taste like ass.
>>
>>35299011
just let your oats soak in the liquid is fine. And you're not compromising any nutritients. Welcome to enlightenment and I find it hard to believe you're not american.
>>
>>35299059
Why microwave? Tastes like plastic. Just boil that shit.
>>
>>35299063
Cutting mother fucker. This shit is so delicious and let's me feel like I'm eating something terrible for me when it's great for my health.

Fuck when I go to bulk I can just eat more of it. It's fantastic. I'm sitting at 18% body fat atm.
>>
>>35299068
>not compromising any nutrients
Yeah, you're not compromising any other by boiling them, either. You don't truely believe you lose nutrients when you boil something, do you?

Eating oats raw can fuck up your digestion system if you do it to much, cut your throat, and even more; your body won't digest the oats and you won't get the fucking nutrients in the first place. I bet your poop is full of grainy oats. Stop trying to pretend it's healthier to eat shit without cooking/boiling it.
>>
>>35299081
Yeah, it's a good breakfast that's for sure. But I've always been skeptical about peanut butter.. lot of people say it's good for cutting and weight lose and getting rid of body fat, currently at 16% body fat.
>>
>>35299070

Too much fucking around. Tastes great to me, you probably over do it.
>>
>>35299094
Just make sure to control your portion size man. PB is great for protein and shit tons of other benefits. It also helps you feel good and full.

That said if you eat the jar you'll balloon like crazy. But that goes for everything.
>>
only autists cook or heat them

i eat them cold like cereal sometimes with milk/almond milk but usually with yogurt/banana and some nuts when i have them + cinnamon

eat shit tards
>>
>>35299100
Yeah maybe.. usually takes 5 minutes to get the water boiling and throw the oats in which takes 5-6 mins to cook it up.. how long in microwave?
>>35299104
So what you think a swipe of PB on toast is better than toast without PB?
>>
>>35299094
>>35299081
I'm 12% bf so i'm lower bf than both of you, thus making me more qualified to speak on health and nutrition. I never have any grainy shits. That's exclusive to americans only. I hear your oats are shit tier. I get the finest organic oats. I let my oats soak in the liquid and I never have any digestion problems. you're telling me the soft oats that have been soaking will cut my throat? and is hard to digest?

and yeah cooking is best avoided. Most foods are better un-cooked. Welcome to the real world. I hear americans are born with blinders on :p
>>
>>35299110
bait
>>
>>35299087
Where do you get your raw oats?
When I buy them, they are always steamed. Is that enough?
>>
>>35299117
Yeah definitely. Dry toast does fuck all for you even if you pick a bread that's halfway decent nutritionally. A single serving of PB on there will do you good. Just be sure to count the calories esse.
>>
>>35299128

no not a bait you tripfagging faggot

enjoy your wasted time in the morning. Ah nvm you are trip fagging on a nigerian picture trading board so you probably dont have to be efficient with your time in the morning you retarded NEET
>>
>>35299117

Depends on how much you want. 3 min or 3.5 min usually. No pan involved.
>>
>>35299120
Maybe I should mentioned I eat what you americans refer to as rolled oats. Maybe the steel cut ones would be problematic to eat raw.
>>
>>35299120
>>35299177
Find me one logical source that states oats are better for you raw. Go on, I'll wait.
>>
(I use sugar free products)
Cook oats with Almond Milk (cover all the oats) for 3-5 minutes; add ~1tbs flax seed, ~1tsp stevia, ~1tbs almond butter, half a serving of vanilla whey protein (use chocolate if you prefer), and a splash of more almond milk
>>
>>35299029
>not activating the almonds

It's like you literally LOVE being a virgin
>>
>>35298807

>1a. easier for your body to process and absord
>2a. quickest: microwave; best: boil a bunch before the week starts. eat throughout the week. reheat as needed.
>1b. it's okay to eat tuna uncooked, but i'd imagine it has the same effect (absrobing)
>2b. quickest: raw; best: raw (strictly just a personal preference)

for tuna, be careful of eating too much in a short window of time - mercury will make you puke it all out.

also,
i know where you got that pic.
thanks bro.
i posted that in horror stories thread.
love you for appreciating it.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.