[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
help?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 1423869028832.jpg (68 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1423869028832.jpg
68 KB, 600x600
Hopefully a simple question

Why do the following two things happen:

Stalling:
Where you can bang out 5 reps for 3 sets, but adding even a little more weight results failure pretty quickly

Losing Strength between workouts:
One week you can diddly 4pl8 five times, the next you can only do 170kg twice before you fail. Why?

a few sidenotes about myself: I'm not a beginner, I'm at least intermediate, and i also diet properly etc etc.
>>
if only i knew BREH
>>
>>35297035
useful response my man
>>
>>35297012
READ THE STICKY
SS+GOMAD
>>
>>35297012
You need to do the lift more often, fix your form or eat more.
But different days bring different workouts. Maybe you were more tired before one diddlio then you were before the other.
Just don't lose motivation and keep lifting friend.
More info can be found in the sticky.
>>
>>35297304
>>35297390
I've read the sticky lads. As I've said I'm not really a beginner, I've been at this for a while.

I do these lifts week in, week out, I've been doing them for a good while and generally my form is good

Sticky (I've already read) ctrl f: stall = nada
>>
>>35297012
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Practical-Programming-Strength-Training-Rippetoe-ebook/dp/B00IU8YETW

check this book out, read it and apply it, I think its got what you need.

You can also torrent it which is of course free.
>>
>>35297475
could you just give me an answer?

referring to me a book or the sticky isn't really an answer.
>>
>>35297506
yeah give me sec while I copy and paste some parts of the book.
>>
>>35297506
part 1, Im just quickly picking parts of the book which i think are relevant.

“The intermediate lifter has a different set of problems to solve. As the intermediate lifter begins to handle training loads closer to his physical potential, his recovery ability is affected differently by the stress. Recovery requires a longer period of time – a period that normally encompasses the time during which multiple workouts will occur. From a practical standpoint, this time frame is most efficiently managed using a weekly schedule. Essentially, the intermediate lifter has developed the ability to apply a stress to the system that requires a longer period of time for recovery, while at the same time the stress required for a disruption of homeostasis has begun to exceed the capacity for recovery within that period of time it previously took, 48-72 hours. To allow for both sufficient stress and sufficient recovery, then, the training load must be varied over a longer period of time, and the week makes a convenient period in which to organize training. The actual time required may be shorter than a week at first – perhaps 5 days – and may grow to 8-9 days towards the end of the intermediate stages of training.
>>
>>35297512
cool
>>
>>35297532

“The critical factor is the distribution of the increased workload, which allows enough stress to be applied in a pattern that facilitates recovery. The key to successful training in this stage of development is to balance these two important and opposing phenomena – the increased need for stress and the corresponding requisite increase in recovery time. The simple weekly organization of training loads facilitates recovery following one or more heavier training bouts within a single period of loading, and works well within the social framework of the calendar.”
>>
>>35297549

“Stress must be applied, recovery from that stress must occur, and the net effect will be an adaptation that causes improved performance. But it is easy to lose sight of the fact that the process of creating the improvement consists of accumulating the effects of the increasing stress/recovery/adaptation process over time – the individual workouts themselves are not the point; the accumulated effects of the workouts over time produce the adaptation. If this is not managed correctly, training is less than efficient. If it is not managed at all, we are not training.
>>
>>35297575

“The stress/recovery/adaptation cycle proceeds differently under different conditions and within different trainees. For a novice – a trainee who has all of his ultimate physical potential undeveloped – a single episode of weight training can make him stronger, after he has recovered from and adapted to the stress. From that point, subsequent stress can cause the process to occur again, producing more adaptation, provided that it occurs before the adaptation is lost to a lack of continued stress. For an athlete who has gone through this process

“and who is already strong from having accumulated years of adaptation, the process proceeds much more slowly, until a point is reached where it is virtually impossible to continue driving an adaptation (Figure 1-1). The interval between the rank novice’s first workout and the advanced lifter’s struggle to gain one more kilo of total is a continuum along which everyone who trains finds themselves, and their position along the continuum dictates their response to the stress/recovery/adaptation phenomenon.”
>>
>>35297593
>>
>>35297605
CONT.

I can't post the whole book and I'm not sure how relevant they are to your issue, i suggest buying or downloading the book.

I would also suggest starting an intermediate regime like the Texas method.
>>
OP BLOWN THE FUCK OUT

BOOKBRAH LITERALLY RAPED THIS THREAD
>>
>>35297643

>>35297613
yeah i defintiely will get the book. some of what you posted was very useful, other parts less so, still i do not feel satisfied in the answer of exactly how to avoid both of the problems.

Good shout on the book i'll give it a download and see if it covers this
>>35297643
EBIN :D
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.