[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Condito Linear
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
Is Jonnie Candito Linear Program any good, /fit/? worth trying?
>>
>>35293762
I've heard a lot of good things about it. My bench actually declined when doing it, but my bench is fucking atrocious so I don't know if I can hold that against it. Sure didn't work for my bench though. When I think back I think that maybe it's a mistake to do more spoto press reps than actual bench presses when you don't have your technique down.
>>
I saw good results from it. DL shot up from 280 to 365. Could be the program but could be me being relatively new and the program forces you to DL, squat, and bench pretty regularly so it may have just fixed some form issues or made me more comfortable with the movements. It's a good, simple, easy program, try it out. What's the harm?
>>
>>35293762

It works. A lot of people complain about bench progress stalling on his programs in general, but it seems pretty individual in that respect.
>>
An another thread, where people seek the ultimate program where they will finally progress? The one that really works, becouse SS, SL, Reg parks 5x5 and all the other dont?

Dude, its just an another program that puts a focus on compound lift progession.

Eat and sleep. And then eat again.
>>
I like that dude, he's holding himself back in weight though to win those stupid competitions. Also, he's certified natty.
>>
>>35293810
>>35294286
Funny you say it.

I've done his program for some time, and while I had deloaded heavily on all my lifts due to injuries, all my lifts have gone easily (to just below my old max), but my bench is stalling now at 70kg.

Did 140kg 2x6 this week, and because I'll have a 10 day break due to holiday, I might try doing heavier deadlifts next week, going for 1RM
>>
>>35296278
That's another thing I didn't like about candytoes. No dedicated deadlift day. Not even a day with lighter squats and focus on deads. The only thing that increased continuously were squats. I figured it was about getting used to the workload and stuff but I gave it three months. Not for me.
>>
>>35294277
Unless those are KG, anyone's program can yield those results
>>
people in plg hate it but this is what it did for me
bench 265 to 285
squat 365 to 375 (would have been better if I hadnt fucked up my test day)
deadlift: 385 up to 425

all in lbs
>>
>>35296575
I've had some chronic problems, so I've deloaded a bunch. I'm doing front squats instead of backsquats completely now.

I'm just using it to get back to my old PR's (late novicehood). I have to progress slowly anyway, so a program that allows for accesories is nice.
I don't know what to do after this. I hope to just keep doing it, for as long as I can, progressing nice and slowly. Did 100kg backsquats last year, doing 70kg front squats now (paused). I hope it wont stall too soon. Did 100kg hipthrusts last week, my posterior chain is so much stronger than my quads
>>
>>35296935
100kg hip thrusts are weak, man. I assure you that both your quads and your posterior deserve equal attention.

Don't get consumed with symmetry and minutiae when your problems will all be fixed by getting bigger and stronger.
>>
>>35297024
I'm not consumed with symmetry, I think I said that I hope to keep progressing linearly as long as I can.
I said my glutes were stronger than my quads, I didn't say that my quads and glutes doesn't need equal attention.

I have some chronic problems with my back, and it's so hard to get help. The doctors don't know what weightlifting is and weightlifters don't know about physiology besides how the ideal person works.

Weakness is relative, it's so trivial and so many people are so dumbfounded by it
>>
>>35297288
I'm saying that 100kg hip thrusts and 70kg front squats are at a 1:1 ratio with each other, the glutes and quads are in balance, perhaps even your glutes are the weaker muscle.
To address your lower back issues.

>Strengthen your abs and transverse andominis, particularly the transverse abdominis or TVA.
Do stomach vacuums for TVA. You can do them nearly every day. Start to tuck your stomach and engage your core as you walk around everyday. Make this a habit.

>your lower back problems are a sign of glute weakness. Keep doing hip thrusts, cable pull-throughs and Romanian deadlifts. Focus on squeezing the glutes
>>
File: image.jpg (123 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
123 KB, 640x1136
>>35297288
Your hip thrust to back squat ratio is less than 1.3, therefore your hips are particularly weak compared to your glutes.
If you look at most guys the thrust is 1.8 times their squat.

Pic related
>>
>>35297394
>>35297922
Thanks for the info guys.

>>your lower back problems are a sign of glute weakness. Keep doing hip thrusts, cable pull-throughs and Romanian deadlifts. Focus on squeezing the glutes

I don't have lower back problems, it's my middle-upper back. I've been going to the hospital for xrays and stuff. They found i had 2-3 cm leg length discrepancy, but it might also be some other problems, as my spine seem to be rotated left. It'll be okay, as long as I let my back and joints keep up with my muscles when I progress.

I'll do stomach vacuums, as I'm sure my abs needs strengthening. I've actually been trying to do them some because it seems to better my posture - chest up and stomach in.

I'll try and apply myself on my front squats in general
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.