[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Becoming a vegetarian for ethical reasons starting as of right
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 10
Becoming a vegetarian for ethical reasons starting as of right now.

I'm not going vegan, so dairy and eggs are still gonna be in my diet (fuck yeah fried egg sandwiches). My rule is "no eating dead animals".

Tell me, /fit/, what are the health benefits and penalties of a no meat diet? What do I have to eat to make sure I get all the complete proteins?
>>
u become a fucking pussy and your testes shrink

checkm
>>
File: Fedora.jpg (32 KB, 466x382) Image search: [Google]
Fedora.jpg
32 KB, 466x382
>>35292711
>>
Vitamin B complex is going to be difficult for you, as well as protein, obviously. Keep up with those eggs.

But the hardest part is going to be not getting all preach-y lifestyle about it. You did a really good job, but just watch what this thread turns into.
>>
>>35292704
You are a fucking animal, not a pussy. Start eating animals, and pussy.
>>
>>35292711
Niiiiice. Dubs have spoken

Op you're a fucking pussy
>>
double "ur a pussy" dubs confirm it u shit eating sperg

fukn checkem
>>
>>35292704
but they're already dead. if you wanna help them, help them when they're alive. once they're dead there's no difference between an animal and a plant. it's just protein.
>>
>>35292718
I accept that almost everyone else is okay with killing animals for food even though I'm not, any more. Getting preachy wouldn't do anything but make me look like a jag, its not like id convince anyone.
>>
Not a pro but I say the health benefit is that you eat a lot less cholesterol.
>>
File: 500x_no-such-thing-as-a-vegan1.jpg (51 KB, 500x413) Image search: [Google]
500x_no-such-thing-as-a-vegan1.jpg
51 KB, 500x413
>>35292704
If you are going to do it, do it right, faggot.

Protip: You can't. Pic related.
>>
>>35292737
Not giving my money to the people who made them dead is preferable for me.
>>
File: 1435707776102.jpg (95 KB, 736x736) Image search: [Google]
1435707776102.jpg
95 KB, 736x736
>>35292704

pros
>more healthy because more vegetables and less red meat
cons
>less expensive

cons
>the eggs and dairy still come from animals that are abused and live in shitty conditions; unless you go vegan, you still contribute to their suffering
>animal meat is a complete protein. 20g of beef protein isn't like 20g of nuts proteins; yo will ultimately make less gains

suggestion: eat fish. fishes are barely animals, they're kinda insect-tier, and we both know you have no problems killing a mosquito
>>
>>35292776

oops ignore the second ''cons''
>>
File: 1450420305178.jpg (52 KB, 959x682) Image search: [Google]
1450420305178.jpg
52 KB, 959x682
>>35292704
I think that you are a fool.
>>
>>35292776
Guess its time i finally stop being a picky bitch about seafood.
>>
>>35292740
>Getting preachy wouldn't do anything but make me look like a jag, its not like id convince anyone.

pls never change

Good luck. I also recommend deleting this thread to keep your blood pressure low. You're gonna get a lot of shitheads in here who believe they get to shit on your choice because they want to live differently.

So yeah, make sure your... I think it's B12? need that shit to live and it's mostly derived from animals.
>>
>>35292704
I was vegetarian nearly all my life, last two years i've started eating meat.

>pros
You learn a lot about cooking and food
Cheap as fuck, if you learn where to get decent fruits and veg you'll be right
Harder for bodybuilding but i'd argue for endurance sports vegetarian makes you a better athlete.
Most things are the same desu, just you don't eat meat.

>Cons
Rely a lot on whey and eggs for protein
Meat is a great source for a bunch of proteins and for iron, nuts and legumes are great for iron but there's a few red proteins you won't get.
>>
Going veggie for ethical reasons is bullshit since plants are lifeforms too.

Infact they are usually still quite alive when you eat them
>>
>>35292812

Ill look into supplements.

I'm a bleeding heart leftist and I'm not sexist or racist, I've learned to ignore the aspies yelling at me. Thanks though:)
>>
Pescetarian is an easier diet and it's hard to feel bad for fish and giant bugs.
>>
>>35292932
tbf a life is a life, why even make pointless distinctions like that.

People who get emotional like that over their food are just posing if you ask me, think practically for once. If you go veggie or whatever just make sure it actually means something for your health rather than for "good boy" points
>>
>>35292758
>implying you're not covering their costs through government subsidy

You're paying people to kill those chicken whether you like it or not. It's the AMERICAN WAY.
>>
>>35292704
Well, it's really either they get killed in a factory with a single shot to the head or die bite by bite as some non-human predator devours it away. The only way to end animal suffering is to end animal life, and we can't do that until we learn to control our environments more... and even after that, I'd doubt you'd actually want that, eh?

I think the real issue you have is with companies which are cruel? That's what happens when you need to mass produce that crap. The best way to really reduce how many animals are slaughtered is by reducing the amount of humans in the world. If we went down to 1 billion or less, we could probably have every farm be open range and stuff.

Plus with a lower population, mass producing would become unprofitable and the value of human life goes up.

So are you becoming a pro-abortion, pro planned parenthood activist?
>>
>>35292776
>we should stop killing the poor animals! :(
>but fuck fishes, they're insect-tier anyway, they can go die ;)
>>
>>35292915
Try algae so eat some sushi with punpkins. Helps. And furthermore you don't have to be preachy just live a great life. Thats all preachyness thats allowed.

And don't forget McD uses grinded porkmeat as spice for their fries.
>>
>>35292711
Dubs for truth.
>>
>>35292740
That's bullshit. When talking to rational people, arguments that convince have an effect.

I'm on a backwater board site, and there's this straigth-edge guy that's changed my, as well as others, view on life.

He's preaching anti-natalism and being a vegetarian.

that site is quite funny. We have the autistic weaboos, an aspiring bodybuilder model or something, and memesters.
>>
>>35293445
Sep7agon.net if you're interested.

I thought I'd like to share this site with you, because the guy that wants to get buff uses Saitama as his profile pic, so you reminded me of him since this is /fit/.
>>
>>35293456
You know what? That site is cancer, don't bother.
>>
>>35292997
I always wonder what the cut off is for caring about animals. Is it only sad when mammals die?
There are monks in Asia who swipe the floor in front of them as to not step on any insects, but I've never seen anyone walking with a broom where I live.
How many insects is a mammal worth?
How many mammals are you worth?
Every day you unintentionally kill lots of animals, so at what point should you just end yourself in order to save those potential victims.
>>
>veggie delusion

https://twitter.com/CosN0/status/677614564071092224
>>
>>35292704
>Becoming a vegetarian for ethical reasons
>still supporting the exact same farming conditions via dairy and eggs
>still supporting methane pollution via dairy
>ethical reasons

Just eat a gun.
>>
Benefits are lower risk of developing certain diseases like heart disease, alzheimers, hypertension, stroke, and diabetes

http://www.vrg.org/nutrition/2009_ADA_position_paper.pdf

Also knowing you're not paying people to stab animals in the neck is kind of cool too

Cons include not getting to eat tasty meat and having insecure people rag on you without any provocation for eating differently from them, and being preached to about how preachy you are if you ever talk about your diet in any context
>>
>>35296019
truly
>>
>>35292796
Whatever
>>
>>35292704
I used to be a vegetarian eating eggs and milk and so on and eating marmite to get the b12, and yes i managed get enough protein etc etc.

I didn't make as many gains if i'm being frank, almost as soon as i switched to eating chicken and fish (don't like the taste of pork or beef and only like lamb on occasion) my gains increased.

I think it may be because i was eating soya as a shortcut:
you see eating lots of eggs is actually pretty difficult on the heart and stomach. drinking lots of milk or dairy products is similarly pretty difficult on the stomach. lentils and other pulses are incomplete proteins and aren't quick and easy when it comes to cooking. But i think soya does have the oestrogenic effect if i'm being frank, since i stopped eating it i think my gyno has actualyl decraesed for example.

My plan is to go back to vegetarianism (without eggs) when i turn 40 and have to stop lifting.
>>
>>35296019
This 100% OP. I know this is your choice and all and I commend you, but it makes absolutely no sense. A more ethical approach would be to buy meat/eggs/dairy from local free range organic farms that treat their animals right. Or hunt for your meat since it is 1000x more humane than huge farms.
>>
>>35297485

>A more ethical approach would be to buy meat/eggs/dairy from local free range organic farms that treat their animals right.

How is that even a solution? Especially when people would disagree that killing an animal is "treating it right" even if you gave it a neck massage right before. The humane organic local bullshit is just a way to feel better about doing a bad thing.
>>
File: 1439949595530.jpg (222 KB, 900x744) Image search: [Google]
1439949595530.jpg
222 KB, 900x744
>>35292756

Veganism is not about being 100% perfect, it's about causing the least amount of harm possible.
Wish OP would go vegan but hey, at least he is taken a significant great step by going vegetarian.
>>
File: image_1418-testosterone.jpg (52 KB, 580x399) Image search: [Google]
image_1418-testosterone.jpg
52 KB, 580x399
>>35292704
>A lower nocturnal release of prolactin and testosterone occurred in men fed a vegetarian diet
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/159772

>Our data suggest that in a vegetarian group, less testosterone is available for androgenic action.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2526906?dopt=Abstract

enjoy life
>>
File: OGhitler.jpg (89 KB, 640x441) Image search: [Google]
OGhitler.jpg
89 KB, 640x441
>>35292704
dont lisen to these fags OP, Hitler was a vegetarian and he was more of man than any of these fags.
>>
Eating animals isn't a problem

It's the farming that is the problem

It is fundamentally unsustainable. Fix that and come up with a way to make it not fuck our shit up and destroy the planet, things will be fine

Fucking vegan fags and their false equivalency
>>
>>35301040
Farming has been around since practically the dawn of time and you think it's unsustainable?
>>
>>35292947
Right. I feel bad enough having to eat anything for survival. A life for a life is so wrong on a moral level. But my health must come first until I find a way to make it so that no more living creaures have to die in order to sustain other lives. In the mean time, all I can do is be humble about my place in the world (and eat less meat.)
>>
>>35293854
All lives are precious, and none has more value than another. All living creatures share this planet, and arise from the same progenitor. It's a sad law of life that so many must die for others to live, but laws can be changed or circumvented with enough wisdom, information, applied effort, and time.
>>
>>35301233
The way people farm meat now is, yes

Solve this problem, there's literally no reason to be a vegetardian
>>
>>35301745
Remember that plants are lifeforms too.

We can see this as unfortunate thing we have to deal with, or see the beautiful side in that it makes us value life and respect it even more.
>>
File: 1449851321199.jpg (40 KB, 355x362) Image search: [Google]
1449851321199.jpg
40 KB, 355x362
>>35301763
dirty hippie

Animals existed to live on the earth in the past

now they exist only to serve humans
>>
>>35301823
Right again. I do feel a kinship with the lentils and beans and spinach plants I eat, and I can only hope that they don't suffer for my sake. In that sense, I try to remain cognizant and grateful for their sacrifice.

I don't think it's unfortunate that life requires killing, but I do believe it isn't philosophically optimal. I know there is a better way, and I do what I can to mitigate the suffering I cause while searching for that better way.
>>
>>35301847
I don't know, it don't think anyone or anything is here to serve or help or hurt or become anything else. We are here now, and we do what we are doing now. Whatever that means to you or me is only as relevant as its effect on reality.
>>
>>35292914
What did you think your steak ate? Even if we assume plants can experience pain, we spend far more plant food on producing meat and dairy than we would if we just used it to feed people.
>>
>>35301040
Let's see you do that whilst feeding 7 billion people. If we were to do it truly right, maybe we could feed the US, but nobody else.
>>
>>35292704

you'll need b12 supplements unless you incorporate shitloads of dairy into your diet, or you start eating dirt daily

otherwise, zinc deficiency is probably the biggest issue, iron too, but to a lesser extent

there's numerous vegetables with all the 8 essential amino acids (ie you dont have to eat tofu), but the quantities are pretty low. however relative to total protein required, only a small portion of it needs to be those 8.

if you get all your brotein you'll probably be fine

everything else is easy. eat lots of dark leafy greens (spinach/kale) and broccoli, these are pretty much the 3 best vegetables you can buy, nutritionally. flax/chia seeds are also excellent, and combined with the aforementioned, can literally cover like 95% of your nutritional needs
>>
>>35297626
>The humane organic local bullshit is just a way to feel better about doing a bad thing.

So is being a vegetarian.
>>
>>35300048
What if you're vegetarian and injecting test like most of the posters in this board past 3 yrs experience? Besides plenty of vegetarians get huge, it's vegans who struggle because literally all they have left is carbs unless they eat buckets of soy and beans.
>>
File: viper.jpg (22 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
viper.jpg
22 KB, 600x600
>>35301745
You are such a cuckold

I bet you'd let your wife/girl take Jerome's BBC because every man needs his sexual desires fulfilled
>>
Don't listen to all this peer pressure op you do what you think is right

Also beans. Try baking with lentil flour; its 12% protein. Tonnes of nuts and eggs.

Check out this channel:
Worlds Strongest Vegan - YouTube
>>
>>35292812
> I think it's B12? need that shit to live and it's mostly derived from animals

Don't spread false info pls
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.