[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
QTDDTOT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35
Couldn't see one in the catalog
Post shitty questions here
I'll start, is this deep enough? It's as deep as I can go without buttwink. I'm stretching every night, and it is getting better
Thats a pl8 by the way, I am actually very proud of myself, I got it for 3x5
>>
It's never deep enough, anon.
>>
>>35292143
Yes that is deep enough
>>
>>35292143
I don't see a sweaty sack-print on the floor beneath you. No lift, 27 red lights, expelled from imaginary meet and sentenced to three years in the salt mines.
>>
>>35292143
holy fuck i never post here but your form is fucking terrible

your feet are stupidly externally rotated, your low back is rounded as fuck and you're barely getting parallel

srs op fix form first this is god awful

physiobro btw hopefully youre not a future client F A M
>>
>>35292434
>>35292143
also why the fuck are you wearing oly shoes if you cant even rep 1 pl8 properly
>>
>>35292434
This. OP you look like you're about to book a one-way ticket to snab ciddy.
>>
File: image_4.jpg (34 KB, 597x519) Image search: [Google]
image_4.jpg
34 KB, 597x519
>>35292434
I actually have fucked up my back squatting before and just worked my way back up to this weight
I cannot squat for shit. I've been perfectly designed to be the worst squatter possible

>>35292446
I only have these and running shoes
>>
>>35292143
Hey guys I just started lifting this Monday and I'm doing the SS routine.

Is there any way to know what your muscle insertions would look like this early on or should I just be patient to know what my body would actually look like?
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-11-28-19-11-37.png (596 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-28-19-11-37.png
596 KB, 960x540
While we're talking shit. Can someone smack talk my ass into good form?

Did 225 for 5 paused at the bottom. But i have terrible butt wink.
>>
Anybody ever lift in New Balance Minimus shoes before? Thinking of ordering weight lifting kind of shoes and I found some for cheap. I have wide feet and have been lifting in my socks but new gym doesn't approve.
>>
File: image.png (1001 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1001 KB, 640x1136
>>35292143
Something looks horribly horribly wrong here OP I'd check out Jonnie Canditos squat tutorial on YouTube that's what I did and it helped alot
>>
>>35292506
You have incredible ankle mobility if that's you.
>>
>>35292143
your hips should be closer to your feet. slow down the squat and push your knee's out
>>
If my bmr is 1600, and my sedentary tdee is 1900, would eating 1600 be sufficient for weekly fat loss, or do I need to go lower?
>>
>>35292475
I just lift in chucks that I got for $30. So long as they're flat soled.
>>
>>35292462
Until you get to 10% bf no
>>
What does Klokov do for chest?
>>
Should i take creatine while im cutting and on clen?
>>
>>35292143
I would say not deep enough usual guide points are the crease of your hip below the crease of your knee
>>
File: image.jpg (208 KB, 1012x1589) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
208 KB, 1012x1589
/fit/ pls help. I bulked about 4 years too long. Do I have gyno? Or am I just fat? I had a strange epiphany today, and I will be lean or die trying.
>>
>>35293033
Doesn't look like gyno just high bf

Gl cutting brother and remember don't starve yourself and lose muscle mass 300-500 calories below maintence should be good
>>
File: 1.png (94 KB, 284x135) Image search: [Google]
1.png
94 KB, 284x135
My gym doesnt have a squat rack. IS there any routine for a beginner that doesn't involve squats? What are good substitutes for squats? There is a smith machine still so I can use that.
Also do my knees look weird? I feel like I've dislocated something but I can never tell
>>
>>35293033
Don't say you "bulked" like you're actually strong, bitch tits.
>>
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 383x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 383x600
>>35293038
Thanks man. I'm pretty active. The main thing for me is just not eating shit. I work an odd sort of job where I'm pretty much there constantly save my two days off, and I just eat bad shit. Stopping that shit train though. Side shot of me btw. Don't know if it will help diagnose my man boobs.
>>
>>35293040
pls respond desu
>>
>>35293043
suck my balls internet tough guy, I know I'm fat, I'm trying to change that. Why don't you show us how strong you are? I did bulk, I just started as a 150 pound skinny fat that had trouble benching the bar.
>>
I've been lifting in my Saucony running shoes.

Am I doing it wrong?

Do I have to buy specific shoes just for the times I go to the gym to lift?

(I do compound exercises. Squats, deadlifts, upright row, press, etc.)
>>
>>35293057
Drop like 40$ on Tupperware and start prepping meals to bring to work

Sweet potatoes/yams
Brown fried rice
Eggs
Broccoli
Onions
Bell peppers
Mushrooms
Chicken
Steak
Lamb
Cheese
Corn
Bananas
Oranges

Think this kind of stuff and cut all soda right now, fuck anything that isn't water, people don't realize how many calories soda or Gatorade has in it

And start lifting if you don't already, read the sticky and good luck brother
>>
>>35292467
What's butt wink?
>>
>>35292830
>would eating at a deficit be enough to lose weight?
Definitely not.
>>
>>35293068
Yeah that's what I'm starting now. Yeahhhh I've been lifting for awhile now. Pretty sad I've gotten fat enough you can't tell haha.
>>
>>35293040
Knees look fine, no substitution for squats I'd say do lunges with Dumbbells until you get to a new gym but you definitely do not want to skip out on squats they aren't just for legs, they are really good for lower back strength and core as well and should definitely be in everyone's routine this goes for every compound lift

Squat
OHP
Deadlift
Bench
Every routine should be based around these 4 compound movements with isolations added in afterwards.

Definitely find a new gym with a squat rack though
>>
>>35293079
I bought a years membership and I still have seven months on it. Are squats on the smith machine fine?
>>
>>35293065
You don't have to drop 100$ on a pair of lifting shoes but stop aquatting in sauconys right now, I'm not sure what they look like exactly but they are probably running shoes.

The best lifting shoes for cheap are converse they are flat and not to colorful or bright, I'd recommend the high tops

And if you don't want shoes and your gym allows it lift barefoot, I take my shoes off when I squat and deadlift and then put them back on afterwards and nobody ever says anything
Pic related >>35292506 is me

>>35292795
Thank you

>>35293075
I can tell you lift but a bad diet will definitely mask that just get your diet in check and keep lifting hard man

We're all gonna make it
>>
>>35293065
You could lift in chucks or shoeless, but squat shoes are way better.
Anyway, don't lift in runnung shoes with a compressible sole. Use shoes that will stay stable under heavy weight, either with a very thin sole, or with a squat-specific sole that won't compress.
There's more to squat shoes (they grip the ground better, and have a heel), but that's the most important thing. Squatting with running shoes, you'll get hurt.
>>
>>35293086
Honestly they aren't the worst thing in the entire world but I would not recommend it you are not going to build any "stabilizer" muscles

Meaning you don't have to balance the weight you just go up and down. 225lb squat in a smith machine is not equal to a 225lb squat in a real rack, maybe not even half of 225lbs in a real rack

I would say use fixed barbels and practice your squat form until the 7months is up but other than that I'd just do lunges with Dumbbells, Romanian deadlifts, deadlifts, leg extensions, leg curls, and calve raises and you should still be able to build some decent legs
>>
>>35292816
Thanks, will do
>>
I've been on my first cut for the past 6 months now.

In the past 2 months, I've lost 10 lbs and 2 inches off my waist, but in the mirror I still feel like I look exactly the same (especially the stomach).

Should I be worried, or just trust the numbers and keep going?
>>
>>35293195
My advice is that you're delusional, If you lost two inches off the waist and ten pounds, you look different. No question.
>>
Just had a look at Phrak's GSLP variant since i see people talking about it quite a bit.
Why does he have squats advancing faster than deads?
>>
>>35293195
Take pictures mang. You'll be able to see the progress.
>>
Long-time beginner here. Decided to get my diet under control.

Brown rice takes me a long fucking time to eat, and I need to have a small gulp of water with every mouthful of rice. Whereas whole-grain pasta I can mow down like it's air.

Gonna be eating both for the sake of variety, but has anyone else experienced this? Anyone got any tips on how to more efficiently consume rice?
>>
File: image.jpg (138 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
138 KB, 500x750
oi m8s
i stopped lifting for around a year after lifting 5 times a week from 16-22

and i have lost about 50% of my strength but i still look juicy?

what the fuck happened? how long till i am back?
>>
>>35293098
If he wants to lift in bright, colorful converse it's fine.

It's the type of shoe that matters. Not if it's pink. That's just useless extra shit for people to worry about and is pointless advice
>>
>>35293265
Pasta just tastes better than rice, that's why.

> I need to have a small gulp of water with every mouthful of rice
Do you use a rice cooker? The taste quality of my rice vastly improved after I started using a rice cooker. It sounds like yours is just too dry. Cooking it with some kind of broth is god tier too.
>>
what's the difference between white and black PHIR?
>>
>>35293302
No cooker, just boil in a pot.

I feel like the pasta goes down easier because the macaroni end up kinda slick and slippery compared to the dry rice. And that's without any added effort of trying to make a sauce or something.
>>
>>35293265
Jasmin rice > everything else.
Brown rice is overrated and not nearly as "healthy" as people think: The glycemic index is misunderstood, you'll never get enough fiber from rice alone anyway (vegetables are way better), and lastly brown rice contain certain anti-nutrients (look it up).
>>
>>35293225
>Why does he have squats advancing faster than deads?
Because you're squatting every other workout day whereas the deadlift is every 3 workout days.
Eventually your DL will be higher than your squat though so don't pay too much attention to it.
>>
>>35293305
>No cooker, just boil in a pot.
That's why your rice is shit.
>>
>>35293312
ofc not, I eat tons of broccoli and oats. I have no idea what a glycemic index is nor what anti-nutrients are. I just picked it up because that's what people recommended.
>>
>>35293286
I obviously wasn't trying to say pink shoes are going to provide less gains then black or grey I was just saying that they're is neutral tones of colors because this is what most people prefer

Converse are arguably the best lifting shoes for cheap
>>
>>35293321
Yeah i know WHY, I'm asking for what purpose. He says to advance both of them 5 pounds at a time, so your squat would be going up twice as fast as your deadlift, which doesn't make any sense because your deadlift can skyrocket compared to squats.
>>
>>35293329
Oh well. Might look into one. How long does it take to cook a meals worth of rice in one of them?
>>
>>35293337
Because you'll stall faster on squats.
I'm not even sure what your question is tbqh.
You COULD deadlift on the same day you squat, it's what the stronglifts program does.
>>
>>35292924
Pls help me bros
>>
>>35293352
>How long does it take to cook a meals worth of rice in one of them?
About 15 minutes
>>
>>35293359
Essentially my question is "why does Johnny Pain have you deliberately advancing very slowly on deadlifts, when they're the lift you can easily advance fastest on?"
>>
>>35292924
>>35293360
>Should i take creatine while im cutting and on clen?
I don't see why you couldn't.
>>
>>35293360
If you want to?
>>
>>35293364
>why does Johnny Pain have you deliberately advancing very slowly on deadlifts, when they're the lift you can easily advance fastest on
For the recovery time I'm guessing, since squats and deadlifts both work your quads.
>>
>>35293114
I saw this just now. Thanks mang
>>
Is it a wise decision while cutting to get mad cardio?
>>
>>35293366
Thanks brah
>>
What's the best way to incorporate cardio on a program? I was running a mile everyday but was advised not to mix cardio the same day I do weights. What's a good time to do it and how many days per week?
>>
>>35293195
Fat tends to come off equally in all places, you prob have same proportion but less overall mass, you should take progress pics
>>
>>35293383
As long as you arent going insanely low on your calories cuz of it. Increasing cardiovascular strengf is never bad
>>
>>35293040

You don't need a squat rack. Just get a good gymbro or ask a PT to spot you.

>>35293033

No gyno.
>>
I got a bit too chubby on my bulk and I have 3 months left. Also I'm injured so I can't train for a week. My lifts are weak and my muscle gains aren't good enough for me to cut.

What do?
>>
I'm 3 months into my bulk with 3 to go but I got too chubby too quick. Also I just got injured so I can't lift for a week which makes it even worse.

My lifts are mediocre and I haven't gained enough muscle to cut. What do?
>>
>>35294019
>>35294099
Whoops sorry for the double post, I refreshed and my first one wasn't there.
>>
>>35294107
Gains or no gains, if you're chubby you need to cut some fat. Period.
>>
>>35293072
it's when your pelvis rolls under you at the bottom because you lack flexibility
>>
>>35292143
it's not even close to being deep enough

>>35292506
check your wrists buddy - maybe try a false grip

good depth though
>>
>>35293063
Post your stats then. Not to be a dick but if that's the results of a "four year bulk" you need to read the fucking sticky because you haven't been doing a very good job.

Routine?
>>
how do i stop hyperextending the lower back at the lowest part of the squat?
>>
>>35294019
protein intake to 1g per 1pound bodyfat and don't do cardio. Keep calories at just below maintenance shit situation youre in bro
>>
File: depth.png (3 MB, 1916x1045) Image search: [Google]
depth.png
3 MB, 1916x1045
Does highbar have to be ATG or is this okay depth?
>>
>>35294213
Thanks for the advice man. Yeah it was going great, making great progress on strength and aesthetics, etc. Then I got sick, and kept getting injured. Fucked up an entire month. I fucking hate this I just want to train properly.

Might just lean bulk when I get better. 3-4 lbs shouldn't be that visible, right?
>>
>>35292143

Break parallel, friend.
>>
>>35293033
>Do I have gyno?

No.

>Or am I just fat?

Yes. Don't bulk, just cut and eat enough protein.
>>
>>35294229
It doesn't have to be, but your mobility sucks if thats as far as you get. 50-50 if that would be accepted in IPF for example, you're pushing your knees so far that your actual depth isn't that deep.

If you want strength, then you should squat deeper. If you want to train quads, then thats ok.
>>
>>35294202
I find that almost impossible, if i take a deeo breath and flex my abs as i should

Sorry if that didnt help
>>
can´t i train for both stregnt and hypertrophy,
One week for each?
>>
>>35294718
So you think that these are totally different things, that need to be trained separately?

Best for you would probably be Upper/lower split 4 times a week, with 2 strength and 2 hypertrophy days. Something like Jonnie canditos linear program (strength - hypertrophy version)
>>
File: fbt.png (280 KB, 766x586) Image search: [Google]
fbt.png
280 KB, 766x586
This is my ass, on leg day I only do squats (both low bar and high bar, always pay attention to going ass to grass)

If I wanted to give a girl advice on how to get the same ass but not so big legs, what do I tell them?
>>
Is something like this:

A- weights + stationary bike
B- calisthenics + running(intervals, moderate intensity)
C- LISS

A/B/A/B/A/B/C

Too much?
>>
>>35294762
Low bar squats, tell her to read about hip drive and sumo deadlift. Best exercises to focus heavily on glutes and hamstrings, while keeping quads at the same level with them

Also, for accessory exercises, GHR, romanian deadlift, good morning, glute bridges.
>>
>>35294773
Probably. Someone who's done this for years and learned what weight% he is able to recover from in a certain time, how much he has to eat and sleep etc. could manage that
>>
>>35294762
Thank you for posting.
>>
I am trying to reach god-level ABs and I'm worried if big meals are fucking up my progress. I like to binge on fruit, and I keep under my cal limit, but will the stomach expansion stretch the muscles to bulge outwards? Should I keep to small and frequent meals instead? And how to achieve the inward bulge on abs?
>>
File: IMAG0120.jpg (3 MB, 3024x5376) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0120.jpg
3 MB, 3024x5376
How realistic is >15% bf at 200~lbs? Currently weigh 230 at 6'1", bf estimate currently?

I'm pretty lazy most of the time and haven't lifted in a long while, so not worried about losing strength, but have lost 100lbs before a few years ago and hate the saggy look, so want to keep/gain a little mass.

Any idea how long this would take? I'm pretty active and training/playing sports nearly every day, but diet is pretty bad while incidentally maintaining, cheers
>>
>>35295283
Just mentioning that camera and mirror are at a weird angle, I'm not that squat

Thats meant to be <15% bf as well
>>
Can I superset shrugs and dumbbells rows? Or should I focus on one then the other?
>>
How often should one progressively overload on isolations?

I.e. bicep curls, dumbbell press.
>>
>>35294268

i want strength, but i have extremely long femurs which makes squatting extremely difficult.
>>
>>35295283
>I'm pretty lazy most of the time and haven't lifted in a long while
>I'm pretty active and training/playing sports nearly every day
Can you stop being confusing?
bf is high. You have a long way to cut.
>>
>>35295364
I go to training as part of uni sport, but do fuck all outside of that 2-3 hours a day of half arsed stuff doesnt count for much I would think
>>
>>35295300
You can do whatever you please. It's not a bad idea.

>>35295345
As often as you can. Remember that there are many ways to achieve progressive overload. You can add weight, add reps, add sets, reduce rest, alter tempo, contract harder etc.

Also, technically speaking dumbbell press isn't an isolation exercise.
>>
>>35295385

Ah, I hadn't considered multiple ways of progressive overload---only increasing weight. Thanks mate.

And yeah I don't know why I said it was, thanks for the clarification.
>>
>>35295376
Well, you're fat, and you know the problem here. You're not active enough and you eat badly. Improve those two factors and you'll see result. If you don't change your habits then it'll get worse the older you get. Eat better, start there, then get back into lifting. Work in those habits bro.
>>
File: 1444143972412.jpg (2 MB, 1222x1636) Image search: [Google]
1444143972412.jpg
2 MB, 1222x1636
Guys,how I train to gain reps??My muscles always give up on the same rep range and at best I just do an extra rep say on my first rep.I have reached a point where I can't lift any heavier without injuring myself somehow so I believe my best course of action is to master the weight am already lifting with good form and high reps so how do I do that???
>>
Is fridgemode generally considered as good or bad?
>>
>>35295465
It's not so bad desu
>>
>>35295465
Barrel chest goes in the same category. Not good mate.
>>
>>35293303
please
>>
>>35295499
No
>>
>>35295410
As I said, have previously lost a load of weight, so I know what to do and that I can, was just wondering how realistic a goal it was. Aiming to have a decent level of fitness by the start or end of summer
>>
>>35293073
But it doesn't seem like a true deficit if my bmr is 1600. Seems like that would just be maintain
>>
Sometimes after I nut my right ball hurts, did lifting do this to me? If not then what did?
>>
How do you mentally recover from an absolutely shitty gym sesh?
>>
>>35293079
For bench are doing incline dumbell press a good alt?
>>
>>35293547
Pls respond
>>
>>35295542
>was just wondering how realistic a goal it was.
oh ok. Well, It's very realistic considering you've lost weight already. Those 30 shouldn't be a problem as long as you do what you need to do. But you need to stay dedicated and work hard to reach it by summer, bro.
>>
>>35294935
Halp
>>
File: squat.png (477 KB, 788x413) Image search: [Google]
squat.png
477 KB, 788x413
>>35292434
Is this too much buttwinked?
I've started doing pause reps just at or below parallel now to save my knees, as I'm hypermobile, the bottom positions on any lift is supposedly apt to fuck me up

dislocated a shoulder prior to lifting because of loose joints, so I guess I'll do it
>>
>>35295566
I do cardio every day before lifting. As long as you calculate it into your TDEE it's fine.
>>
>>35295587
did you miss the sticker on technogym rack that says you can't put bars below 3 when squating?
>>
Asked this in the last thread: my TDEE is really high (4000-3000 cal) and I eat way under it (1500 cals) and run daily. However, I'm actually gaining weight. Very slowly, but still, it's there. What is going on? It might be the fact the i do have poor nutrition, but I thought that it was all "calories in vs calories out"
>>
>>35295638
You've fuged your TDEE. That simple. Good luck.
>>
have some CoC grippers, both the trainer and sport.

can't really close the trainer very easily, and it's been 3 weeks with almost no progress.
how often should i be using them/ how many reps etc?
>>
>>35295650
Are you saying that it isn't accurate? Because I have tried a large number of other calculators online, and they all say the same thing
>>
I'm feeling a bit sick in my stomach, should I postpone my workout to tomorrow?
>>
>>35293547
Cardio after weights if you're prioritizing strength training. It will suck at first but eventually your body will be able to take it.
>>
>>35295708
You've messed up big time somewhere mate. Did you bump yourself by 1-2 feet or something? When you run, do you do high intensity or pensioner jog? When you eat 1500 (mentioned poor nutrition) so you eat these in junk food in one meal and then add liquid cals the rest of the day?
>>
>>35295638
>it was all "calories in vs calories out"
it is. all of it. you either fucked up calculating your tdee, or your amount of calories eaten, or more likely, both .

if you are indeed correct, and you using 4000-3000 cal a day while eating 1600 and gaining weight, gz, you are breaking the laws of thermodynamics. this means that a lot of scientists will want to examine you.
>>
>>35295622
Why can't you do that?
>>
>>35295587
no

as for OP, I know you're going low-bar but I think you should still be a bit more upright. it'll help with the low back too, less hamstring stretch. keep the chest up
>>
>>35295738
If I did mess up, I can't see where. I'm 6'4", 226lbs, and I run 2 miles in 17 min daily. I also do a number of bodyweight exercises. Also once or twice a week ill throw in a 7 mile run randomly. I don't generally eat alot, so when I do eat, it's usually spread throughout the day, and I usually don't eat breakfast (like I said, shit nutrition). It would make sense that I fucked something up, but this has been bothering me for a while.
>>
>>35295808
You don't really exercise that much and you have little control over you cal count and nutrition. This is why you're not losing weight. Get your diet under control, learn your foods and eat proper. The excuse of 'not eating much' is every fattie's response. Get to work bro.
>>
>>35295830
Well fuck. Thanks bro, I'll get this shit down eventually.
>>
>>35295838
Good luck m8
>>
File: 1444937814913.jpg (109 KB, 688x594) Image search: [Google]
1444937814913.jpg
109 KB, 688x594
>>35295462
Οk you useless non lifting DYELs,if you can't answer that then tell me,can sugar cause body or face acne??
>>
Can anyone point me to a good bodyweight program? Gonna have some time on my hands for a few weeks before I go skiing and want to prep.
>>
I'm looking at some dried beans and the nutrition value is based on 100g

Is this 100g of beans after they've been in water the night over or is it per 100g out of the box? Because i measured 150g beans before i had them in water and they're 290g now.
>>
>>35295893
Should be the dry weight, not the soaked weight. Nutrition information is based on the contents of the container unless otherwise stated, as you sometimes see with cereals where they'll tell you the cereal weight nutrition and then the total nutrition with 8 oz 2% milk or whatever.
>>
>>35295893
It's the nutritional value of them dried.
>>
why do you guys still do rows?

>shitty lat rom compared to vertical pulls (just think about starting set up for row compared to pullup)
>shitty activation for rhomboids/mid traps (scap retraction is shit with heavier weight, just half-assed rom lat work that takes over)

Remove rows as a main exercise from your routine and add in a high row variation as accessory for your scapular retraction and do more vertical pulls for your lats.
>>
>>35295864
Seconding this
>>
>>35295907
>>35295909
Thanks. Dried seems to have alot more calories to carb ratio than canned, also alot less salt. I'm gonna stick with dried.

Great for bulking
(150g dried beans = 465 calories, 67 carbs)
>>
File: back.gif (61 KB, 428x595) Image search: [Google]
back.gif
61 KB, 428x595
Sometimes I get a strain on my lower right back during squats. It's real noticeable during the 2nd-3rd set and for the rest of the night but feels fine the next day after sleep/rest. What's going on and how can I fix it?

pic related
>>
Can't get far enough down on my squat (even without weight)
what do i do to fix?
>>
>>35292143
Why is buttwink bad? I can lean forward enough 50% of the time but the other half I think I have some form of buttwink. i cant tell if its a problem tho
>>
File: 1447823020182.jpg (10 KB, 200x214) Image search: [Google]
1447823020182.jpg
10 KB, 200x214
>>35292143
if I'm slowly progressing on deadlifts, what are other godly exercises to grow my arms/forearms?

> ftw chubbyfat with skinny ass arms
>>
>>35295981
Stretch.
>>
>>35295864
THIS. Every time I try to find a good bodyweight routine, it's always a bunch of meme exercises, or "do 10000 push-ups and 1124000 situps"
>>
>>35295972
Does the pain radiate at all elsewhere in your lower body? Random pain in your legs, buttocks, or feet?
>>
>>35295972
Focus on improving your core bracing
>>
File: Strength training for the arms.jpg (598 KB, 1125x1500) Image search: [Google]
Strength training for the arms.jpg
598 KB, 1125x1500
>>35296038
Here you go breh
>>
>>35295972
Thats the same spot where sometimes I get hurt, it only happens once or twice a year but when it does its always in the same spot. Mostly often it happens when I roll in bed or twist my body too much
>>
File: Bodyweight routines.png (302 KB, 2776x1604) Image search: [Google]
Bodyweight routines.png
302 KB, 2776x1604
>>35295864
>>35295921
>>35296046
Sorry for bac pic quality
>>
>>35295557
Mindfulness if you can already do that
Straight up meditate if you can't just move on
There will be thousands of other gym sessions, a bad one won't matter in the long run
>>
>>35295557
How about being a grown ass person and just moving on. Period. It's one of thousands of sessions you're going to have. Stop being a pussy.
>>
Whats the best way to train ass / hamstrings? Im very weak (i've checked my test levels) so im afraid to lift big weights, i'd probably just injure myself. I know that my boyfriend would like my ass to be bigger, it takes some time for him to come these days and i feel like shit.

Also i'd like to avoid "girly" exercises because im not that confident in public and dont want to get laughed at
>>
>>35292506
This is high-bar though
>>
>>35296115
Squats and oats
>>
>>35296115
Squats. Start with bodyweight if you are concerned about your strength level and focus on getting the form right. After that add a bar and slowly increase your weight. Even if you just did the bar and couple 25 pounders on each side you should see some good solidity and muscle growth in your ass, and your legs will look better too.
>>
>>35295864
>>35295921
startbodyweight.com
or
/r/bodyweightfitness

prepare to have a shitty leg workout though.
>>
>>35296125
>>35296133

Thanks. Starting with a bar actually doesn't scare me that much, so i'll definitely will do so. When im sure that i will not kill myself, i will add weight like you said.
>>
Ever since I started lifting regularly like 3 months ago, my face has gotten SO oily all the time. What gives? I even do cardio, which I've heard is good for acne but that might just be broscience. My forehead/eyelids especially are always oily and shiny, and I've been breaking out way more than ever before. Not on roids or any supplements. Not doing GOMAD, I'm eating the same diet as before basically. I've tried washing my face more, less, and the same as I used to, but none of it makes any difference.
>>
>>35296115
Barbell hip thrusts and glute bridges. You might not have the confidence to do those in public yet but they activate your glutes way more than squats. Squats are a better exercise overall but not for glutes directly. Donkey kicks and kneeling leg raises are pgood too.
>>
>>35296256
Maybe something you started eating
>>
>>35296075
Thanks man
>>
>>35295972
Do you have scoliosis? Because I feel tension in there after squats because it's where by spine has a slight angle
>>
Could I be stalling on my lifts because I don't stretch enough before? I've been at the same weight for a loooong time.
>>
I'm confused brehs

Is having a kid making it? I'm not even 1/2/3/4 pl8 yet
>>
>>35296523
if it is your kid and your relationship to the mother isnt shit, yes.

if not, no.
>>
File: wod_life_nov_14_2283_grande[1].jpg (58 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
wod_life_nov_14_2283_grande[1].jpg
58 KB, 600x600
>>35295972
start rolling your glutes out with a foam roller and/or a lacrosse ball, and do some planks, used to have this pain every time i woke up after squats and it seems to be gone now since the past 3 weeks and even got up to 120kg squat since.
>>
>>35296523
No, not really
>>
>>35292143
Your hips are level with your knees, yes.
>>
>>35295864
r/bodyweight beginner routine is solid but you should still squat with the barbell. they actually have a routine that incorporates squats and deads once a week
>>
>>35293040
Goblet squats dude. You can still get some strength gains with just dumbells
>>
Serious question, if your flexibility is so bad that you have trouble going parallel with 1pl8 while having proper form (unrounded back, feet in lines with knees etc etc), should I just just skip squats?

Will my flexibility get better the more I squat?

I hate this exercise because I'm so unflexible but I figure that maybe if I just do them often enough it will get better. For now I'm focusing on other leg exercises but the squat seems to be the best and I hate that I can't do them properly.
>>
>>35296654

Yep, they recently changed the beginner program and said there is not bodyweight replacement for BB squats and DLs. They now incorporate them into the workout.
>>
>>35296461
No, stretching before-hand will actually make your lifts weaker and you more prone to injury. You're probably stalling because of one of the following: poor diet, poor sleep, bad form, weak supporting muscles for a given lift. If you can narrow down the issue it should be easy to correct.
>>
>>35296681
Squatting will naturally improve your flexibility as long as you try to keep going deeper in your lift.
>>
>>35296681

I would replace the exercise with a machine lift until you are able to do it correctly with the bar.

This means spending a lot of extra time on flexibility until then. Look at the sticky for a decent flexibly program, or look up agile 8 if you're really serious about it.

I'm very against improper lifts, recovering from injuries is the absolute worst, from experience.
>>
>>35295808
You've over estimated your exercise level on those tdee calcs. 4000-6000 is what gigantic powerlifters need to grow.

Also track closely everything you're reading with an app. Don't guess on anything. You will find the discrepancy
>>
Is it true that if you do ab exercises without doing the vacuum, that you'll get rather protrusive abs? Like a gut of muscle?
>>
>>35297328
No
>>
Been lifting for about 4 months maybe more 6 feet tall 210 still pretty fat. Bench is 155 squat 225 deadlift 275 ohp is still fucking 70 how do i fix this.
>>
>>35292143
why are my biceps getting sore after benching lately ?
>>
>>35292152
This
Remember OP: "lower faggot"
>>
File: 1450426428988.jpg (15 KB, 324x291) Image search: [Google]
1450426428988.jpg
15 KB, 324x291
>>35295638
huehue how can you even fuck up your calculations that bad
>>
Sup bros. Could someone explain how to progressively overload on exercises with fixed reps?

For example what's the difference between progressively overloading on a 5x5 bench than a 3x12 bench?
>>
Been doing SL for a while now but only 2 months bulking. I reached 120 kg but my back is fucking round as shiit. I tried sumo and it looked better. Can I do sumo instead of conventional? I really tried fixing my conventional by doing things like romanian deadlifts but fuckin back wont stop rounding. I should really add some weight soon since squat is gonna be 107.5 kg next time.
>>
File: deep..png (168 KB, 255x344) Image search: [Google]
deep..png
168 KB, 255x344
>>35292143

Is that deep enough?
>>
>>35298236

if lowbar: definitely
if highbar: its okayish. Could be better
>>
>>35296009
Buttwink puts added stress on the lower back, which leads to injury and less strength in the lift.
>>
>>35298205
Read Practical Programming
>>
>>35298295

Its low bar thank anon.
>>
Does it really matter if you eat "protein in the evening and carbs in the morning" or whatever at different times of the day as long as you eat at a calorie deficit when trying to lose weight?

I hear all the time that you shouldn't eat carbs in the evening and all that.
>>
>>35298303
What's that?
>>
>>35298550

It doesn't matter at all.
As long as you hit your macros for the day the timing is irrelevant.

Don't buy that "carbs in the evening are bad" bullshit.
>>
File: bicep.jpg (78 KB, 1109x614) Image search: [Google]
bicep.jpg
78 KB, 1109x614
>>35292143
What are good bicep workouts? I've only been doing preacher and concentration curls (I'm a new guy).
>>
>>35298620

Thanks, dear anon.
>>
Can sumo deadlift replace conventional on SL 5x5? My back wont stop rounding and sumo feels better.
>>
>>35297975
Maybe instead of talking shit, you could help. I entered in everything correctly, and tried many different calculators, and it always comes out as that.
>>
Whats a pl8?
>>
is it true that creatine is related or may be the cause of hair loss?
I m really afraid of going bald
>>
>>35295750
the sticker said so
>>
>>35298970
45 pound plate bro
>>
File: max-rpr1.jpg (169 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
max-rpr1.jpg
169 KB, 1000x1000
>>35298970
>>
When I see two dumbells side-by-side and each says 10kg. Does that mean that they weigh 10kg combined or 10kg individually?
>>
>>35298949
I just put your numbers in a TDEE calculator and it gave me 2551-3000 calories for your activity level.
>>
>>35299054

10 kg each
>>
My grip is shit what can I do to help improve it?
>>
When running SS, can one swap out compounds for variants (SLDL/CGBP) or should they just stick to the basics?
>>
>>35299066
Anything involving a barbell and a double overhand grip.
>>
File: Grip-strength-exercises.jpg (32 KB, 378x254) Image search: [Google]
Grip-strength-exercises.jpg
32 KB, 378x254
>>35299066

Maybe buy one of these
>>
Is it bad if cardio brings the total caloric intake below the TDEE? What if you're already cutting?
>>
>>35299083
Just realized that was a retarded question. I guess what I mean to ask was how much calorie restriction is dangerous for general health. I'm on a 500 calorie deficit already on a cut and I don't want to fuck things up by doing too much cardio. Was lifting 3 days a week and doing cardio 5 days a week for a half hour.
>>
>>35299124
Too much will start eating your muscles on top of fat.
>>
>>35298949
it is not the calculator that fucks up, its you. I can pretty much guarantee you that you are overestimating your tdee.

dont know what you are doing, but no "normal" hobbylifter has a tdee of 3000-4000. did you accidentially type into the calculator that you are a 7'5 foot uberhuman? maybe you are wrong about how (how long or how fast) much you run. or your lifting does not burn as much calories as expected (quite likely, as you will spend a lot of time just sitting around waiting).

or you are eating more then your 1600 cals. autistically measure your food. like, actually weighting it.

I think that you are both overestimating your tdee and underestimating your cals.

either that or you are generating energy. and unless you are doctor manhattan, thats not happening
>>
My hip hurts. Sharp pain that shoots down to my calf.

Thinking of literally laying in bed for three days. Will it heal faster if I do this as opposed to walking around normally? How can I optimize healing?
>>
>>35299056
What activity level did you put in?
>>
>>35299162

I had crippling pain in my hip on Monday night, lay in bed in agony trying to sleep, it got a lot better when I got up and started walking around in the morning.
>>
>>35299152
Well, I guess I'll start weighing food. I'm sure I'm not entering in anythino wrong.
>>
>>35299162
That's probably your IT band
Roll it out, it will hurt badly
>>
>>35292462
You don't need 10â„… but it will be a while before you know them.
>>
>>35296117
>>35292506
Am I the only one that does something in between low bar and high? I just adjusted for 4 months and the position I use now is pretty narrow stance (hip) like in high bar but lower bar. It''s just what I feel comfortable in. If I try wide stance like in powerlifting my groin hurts
>>
Semi-fatty currently on his first ever EC stack. Shit is incredible at curbing appetite, I think I've already lost like 3 pounds and it's only the first week.

Question: How should I deal with tolerance? I don't want to get addicted to caffeine. How long of a break should I take after 10 weeks?
>>
>>35299176
Light, which suits your running schedule and bodyweight exercises.
basal metabolic rate was 2000.
>>
>>35299176
How old are you?
>>
Should someone be lifting for a certain amount of time before taking SARMS?
>>
>>35299199
I used a massage ball to roll it out on Monday and just made it much worse.

It just started hurting out of nowhere. It was my lower right back that really hurt first and after that healed my left hip spontaneously started hurting. Literally from nothing to horrible pain.
>>
>>35292143

you have extremely long tibia. dont know how that affects swuat depth, but i'm sure it does somehow.
>>
>>35299314
>>35299285
Even at that, I should be losing weight, not gaining.
>>
>>35299483
>Even at that, I should be losing weight, not gaining
Not if you don't have control of your diet. I'm with >>35299152 that it's a combination of diet and TDEE that's the problem. You're a bit off on both calculations.
>>
I'm shitting orange oil and it's been like this for 2 weeks. I eat:

>eggs
>banana
>cashews
>celery
>chicken quesadilla
>pasta

What do? I don't have enough money for a doctor appountment.
>>
>>35295587

Confirmed FitnessWorld scrub. C-copenhagen?
>>
>>35299498
Ok, so it's one part bad calculations, and one part bad diet? If so, I know how to fix my diet, but how do I fix my calculations? I track everything I eat, and I only eat about 1500 cals a day.
>>
>>35295722
That's the way I was doing it. Why would someone say not to mix it with weights? Does it affect gains if I do it the same day or what?
>>
File: Leanness .jpg (89 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
Leanness .jpg
89 KB, 640x640
what would the rough estimate be for body fat percentage of pic related
>>
>>35299552
>I know how to fix my diet, but how do I fix my calculations? I track everything I eat, and I only eat about 1500 cals a day.
I doubt this. If you haven't fixed your diet yet, how can you be so sure that you're eating that exact number of cals? How do you calculate your daily intake? Can you give example of a typical day's diet?
>>
>>35299573

4-5, not achievable natty
>>
>>35292839
This is good for deadlifts and super wide sumo style lowbar squats, but your average lowbar does better with an oly style shoe.
>>
>>35299595
Blaha pls go
>>
>>35299589
I do generally track what I eat, even if it is shit. For an example, here's what I've eaten today so far:
3 eggs for breakfast at 90 cals each
Had a protein shake after morning run at 250 cals
Ran some errands, and get a sandwich while I was out at 630 cals.
So as you can see, a shit diet, but not super calorie dense
>>
Im overweight and live in a poor household, i try do a couple of minor excercises a day, but my main problem is my diet, which foods and ingredients should i remove from my diet, and what is important to add to it ?
>>
>>35299626
That doesn't sound too bad. Was the sandwich labeled with cal content?
Do you have cheat days? How often and what do you eat?
>>
>>35299636
Eat less to become not fat
>>
>>35296555
not the same guy with the pain but you need to be warmed up to do foam right?
>>
>>35299638
I went to subway, and they have nutritional information everywhere, so yes it was. I eat about three times a day, but sometimes I'll have a snack at night, no more than 300 cals. I don't have any cheat days, but on Friday nights I have a game night with some friends, and I might drink a soda or two.
>>
what means DYEL? (do you even lift?) but how is used?

pls dont curl me
>>
how do i get past my 20%bf plateau? been cutting and lifting and cardio since i was at 27%, been stuck at 20%for a couple of months
>>
>>35299668
The cal contents they advertise doesn't necessarily add up to what you get. It depends on how they prepare it. A little bit extra butter, cheese or mayo can add an extra 100 cals here and there easily and it adds up. I have serious problems keeping my weight in check when I eat out, so beware of that. It is difficult to control.

I think your body is used to go on low burn, combined with a high processed diet (though eggs are good), and it's really not good for weight loss. More exercise, structured and bump your run to more than 17 minutes. That's not even a warm up and doesn't burn much at all. I recommend an hour, and if you want to get muscle you need to lift. It will give you a faster progress than any bodyweight routine.
>>
>>35299715
>drop calories
>do more cardio
>take steroids
>take clen

pick one of these
>>
Okay so ive fucked my shit up by doing squats for so long with terrible form, can i correct my fucked up knees by doing deep squats now starting from bodyweight and working my way up? or will this just make my knees worse?
>>
Should i shave my body hair on chest stomach shoulders nippels etc?
>>
>>35299831
No. You'll never reach bear mode without it. Also, grills like hair more than stubble.
>>
>>35299732
Thanks for helping me work this out, it's awesome to get some help on here for a change. I'll definitely increase my running time, and I have a huge set of weights laying around, so I'll work with those too.
>>
>>35299844
>girls like hair more than stubble

that's actually bullshit. The only people that are sexually aroused by overly-hair chests/backs/arms/etc. are gay dudes.

>>35299831
I wouldn't go clean shaven. Just put the guard on your trimmer up 2-3 settings and trim it.
>>
>>35299854
That's great. Good luck bro.
>>
File: They suspect nothing.jpg (35 KB, 496x369) Image search: [Google]
They suspect nothing.jpg
35 KB, 496x369
>>35299858
>that's actually bullshit. The only people that are sexually aroused by overly-hair chests/backs/arms/etc. are gay dudes.
Shhhh. Don't blow our cover.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.