[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Skinnyfat General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 8
File: url.jpg (5 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
5 KB, 300x168
Took a look at myself in the mirror while sitting and I realized that I look like the fucking Michelin man, or an overweight, albino walrus. I'm 6'1 and weigh 143 lbs.

I got a gym membership at Planet Fitness and the sticky's workout guide intimidates the shit out of me, mostly because I feel like I'd make an ass out of myself trying any of the exercises out.

Any advice? Or can someone just berate me into getting off my ass and making some actual gains.
>>
>>35292106
>overweight, albino walrus

Not sure if this was a Freudian slip, but I meant to say anorexic, albino walrus, for comedic effect.
>>
File: spooky.jpg (44 KB, 480x592) Image search: [Google]
spooky.jpg
44 KB, 480x592
>>35292106
>6'1 and weigh 143 lbs.
>>
>>35292138
I was 136 lbs at my worst.
>>
>Sinnyfat
>I'm 6'1 and weigh 143 lbs

Dude, you're closer to skelly than skinnyfat. That height and weight, you're just a shapeless unformed human.

I was skinnyfat starting out at 6'2" and 194lbs, and I still am tb.h even after dropping to 175lbs. I just started to eat clean and lift, and things are going great.
>>
File: Skeleton-sospoopy.gif (760 KB, 301x400) Image search: [Google]
Skeleton-sospoopy.gif
760 KB, 301x400
>>35292162
>6'2" 175 lbs
>>
>>35292162
Yeah sometimes I just forget to eat or am not hungry at all. I guess I should just make a strict eating schedule before anything. I also think I'm being slightly depressed and stressed has something to do with it.

Any calorie count/ specific amount of nutrition that you would recommend in particular before I start trying to go out and lift?
>>
File: me.jpg (335 KB, 864x1564) Image search: [Google]
me.jpg
335 KB, 864x1564
Why am I still fat when I have been eating AT LEAST a 500cal deficit (usually 1000 or more) for the past 3 months and doing hard physical labor for 8 hours a day, 6 days a week?
>>
>>35292196
For one, I'm no expert. I don't count calories or macros; I just eat healthy small meals throughout the day and never consume crap (no fast food, no sodas, no sweets, etc.) I am in no position to offer advice on that front.

For two, our needs are different. Your goal should be gaining weight, whereas my goal is maintaining (or a very slight deficit).

Look up Scooby on youtube. Dude's a saint and will get you on the right tract (even if he's a little out there). Also use a TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure) calculator to figure out your dietary needs and go from there. Link is one he made.

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

GL
>>
>>35292233
Because you're probably not eating at a deficit even if you think you are
>>
>>35292196
Also, don't hesitate or wait to start. Just get out there and start lifting. Literally no one gives a shit about what you're doing at the gym so long as you're not being a dumbass who looks like he might hurt himself or someone.

Just try not to get too discouraged by the glut of DYELs coming in with the NYR rush. Just try not to be as bad as they are.
>>
>>35292271
>Because you're probably not eating at a deficit even if you think you are
I am though. I count.
>>
>>35292272
>>35292243
Thanks a lot. This Scooby guy seems like the man.
>>
>>35292288

Then you should go back to school, because counting seems to be difficult for you.

Do you have a kitchen scale? Do you weigh to the gram? Do you double check that's what you're inputting in your diary is exactly what the nutritional info is? Do you perfectly weigh out your portions?
>>
>>35292288
It's physics.
If you're actually eating less than your body puts out, then you would be losing weight.
You're either shitty at counting calories (I.E you don't take servings per container into account)
or you're secret eating and forgetting to add the calories
of all those snacks that you eat.
>>
>>35292317
>Do you have a kitchen scale? Do you weigh to the gram? Do you double check that's what you're inputting in your diary is exactly what the nutritional info is? Do you perfectly weigh out your portions?
No I just eat the whole package of whatever it is I'm eating since I only eat 1 meal a day and that meal is usually 1000-1500 calories. I only drink water or occasionally an Arizona can which is only 210 calories. My TDEE is calculated somewhere around 3000.

My meal today was 1 cup of brown rice and a package of Korean Beef that totaled to about 1000 calories, and a can of Arizona tea which was 210 calories.

This is a typical meal for me.

Clearly there is something else involved.
>>
>>35292347

How much weight have you lost?
>>
>>35292384
>How much weight have you lost?
Almost none. I started at around 180 and am still around 180.
>>
>>35292347
Stop eating processed shit, dude. Additives and preservatives and all that shit fucks with your body.
>>
File: 1440423223937.png (100 KB, 250x241) Image search: [Google]
1440423223937.png
100 KB, 250x241
>planet fitness
is this Americas only gym or something??
Why do people even go there
>>
>>35292393
>Stop eating processed shit, dude. Additives and preservatives and all that shit fucks with your body.
So you're saying you're full of shit? What happened to "it's just physics" >>35292322
??

It isn't realistic for me to spend an hour or two cooking non processed food after work because of how tired I am + severe mental issues.
>>
>>35292396
>cheap
>one on every block
I'd sacrifice quality of gym any day to save money.
>>
>>35292391

Then you're fucking up somewhere. The fact that you're using words like "about" and "around" are red flags for me. You don't snack? You don't put cream in your coffee?
>>
>>35292417
>Then you're fucking up somewhere. The fact that you're using words like "about" and "around" are red flags for me. You don't snack? You don't put cream in your coffee
I don't drink coffee and I don't eat snacks.
I literally wake up, sometimes shower, go work for 8 hours, sometimes go to lifetime fitness and sit in the hot tub for awhile, come home, make some shit food like what I just ate, and go to sleep. Then I repeat it the next morning.

On weekends or off days I usually just don't eat.

I say around because I am too scared to step on a scale in a gym naked (or be naked for very long at all mostly because of all the acne on my back), so I step on it clothed and subtract like 5 pounds.
>>
>>35292410
I'm a different guy. I know that work fucking sucks, but you'll feel much better if you change your eating habits. It's the core of fitness.
>>
>>35292433

You need to get rid of the "abouts" in your life, friend. It sounds to me like this is a typical case of too many variables and not enough control. Register yourself a myfitnesspal for your phone and computer and start actually weighing and measuring things absolutley perfectly. I understand your want of convenience with pre-packaged foods, this is fine, myfitnesspal has a barcode scanner that will help you with the accuracy.
Try to avoid skipping eating, lad. That kind of behavior is going to really hurt you in the long run. The goal is to form a healthy relationship with food.

Good luck.
>>
>>35292437
>I'm a different guy. I know that work fucking sucks, but you'll feel much better if you change your eating habits. It's the core of fitness.
I wake up an hour early for work so I can pump myself full of medications and benzos and cry in bed because I am so afraid of interacting with people. I zombify myself the entire time I am at work because I have to interact with people, and if I wasn't sedated I would run out of the building having an anxiety attack. When I get home, I cry and shake until I'm okay again and then I make my shitty food.

Spending more than 30 minutes making a meal is just not going to happen.
>>
>>35292476
>You need to get rid of the "abouts" in your life, friend. It sounds to me like this is a typical case of too many variables and not enough control. Register yourself a myfitnesspal for your phone and computer and start actually weighing and measuring things absolutley perfectly. I understand your want of convenience with pre-packaged foods, this is fine, myfitnesspal has a barcode scanner that will help you with the accuracy.
You seem to not understand that I don't weigh things because I just eat the entire package and have no need to weigh anything. The package tells me exactly how many calories are in the package.

Skipping eating is the only option I have unless I want to start eating fast food. I have no time to eat until I get home from work.
>>
>>35292481
>full of medications and benzos

OH WELL FUCK MATE

Check the sides of your meds, m8, guarantee a few cause you to hold onto weight like crazy. Now I'm not going to tell you to go off your meds, because it seems like you need them, but they are probably the reason you're holding onto weight a little more stubbornly.

It's going to be a struggle for you, as I feel a lot has been - but stick with it mate, don't be discouraged. In the end, you're going to want to weigh 200 lbs of lean muscle anyway, so just keep getting stronger.
>>
>>35292505
>Check the sides of your meds, m8, guarantee a few cause you to hold onto weight like crazy. Now I'm not going to tell you to go off your meds, because it seems like you need them, but they are probably the reason you're holding onto weight a little more stubbornly.
>
>It's going to be a struggle for you, as I feel a lot has been - but stick with it mate, don't be discouraged. In the end, you're going to want to weigh 200 lbs of lean muscle anyway, so just keep getting stronger.

Yes, Zyprexa is what made me fat in the first place, but I am not on it anymore. The medications I am on all have potential for weight gain, but they are some of the least likely ones.

I know I am DYEL, but since starting the job I do feel stronger...

But you're saying I'm fucked and I'm going to be fat, at least around my stomach because I don't really seem to have much fat anywhere else, forever.
>>
>>35292106
>6'4 180 lbs
>felt like shit about myself and started lifting like 2 years ago
>hit 220 with a decent amount of muscle mass and mediocre/shitty lifts for my size
>got into serious distance running and lost weight back down to like 180 and went full skele but looked better due to low bf%
>had to stop running because of shin splints
>gained some of the weight back but now just look like a sack of shit with a beer gut
>dont even want to lift, just want to run again but legs currently wont allow it

kill me brehs
>>
>>35292552
>But you're saying I'm fucked and I'm going to be fat, at least around my stomach because I don't really seem to have much fat anywhere else, forever.

No, but I think these are some very highly likely things:

- Your meds are causing some weight retention

- You have overestimated your TDEE

- You have lost more weight than you thought

- You're feeling impatient, three months isn't long, friend.

Remember this is a two year minimum transformation. You'll get the results you want, and it's ok to feel frustrated, but stay the course - you are making more progress than you think.
>>
>>35292574

Splints suck, mate. Look into cycling while you recover.
>>
>>35292581
>two year minimum transformation
It's going to take me two fucking years to not be fat? That's the time frame I see people who are obese talking about when they need to lose 100+lbs, and I only need to lose like 20.

What the fuck.

I think I might just save for liposuction.
>>
>>35292603
>lipo

totally worth it m8. I had a bunch of fat on my tits that would simply not go away. Just make sure you get a good surgeon and that you can get a good amount of time off after the procedure. sometimes it's the only way
>>
>>35292603

Sorry friend, this will not be easy for you. Liposuction wont stop the fat from coming back.

Stick with it.
>>
>>35292674
>Sorry friend, this will not be easy for you. Liposuction wont stop the fat from coming back.
Then I'll keep getting liposuction or kill myself I guess.
>>
>>35292391
That can't be possible. I weigh less than you granted, but even so, I still lost 2 lbs my first week. Even if none of it was even fat, you still would have seen some change, even if it was just water weight. How heavy are you lifting? Unless you're heart is pounding in your chest, your muscles straining and you're sweating you aren't working hard enough
>>
>>35292696
>How heavy are you lifting? Unless you're heart is pounding in your chest, your muscles straining and you're sweating you aren't working hard enough
Anywhere from 5-100+lb boxes. They usually averaged 50-75 and I was stacking them above my head. My boxes per hour number was at least 700.

Yes, my heart was pounding and my arms fucking hurt and I was sweating my ass off. I sweat my ass off every day and my heart rate is usually pretty high every day. My arms have stopped hurting lately, though.

I don't know. Maybe my meds fucked with my metabolism and I'm losing fat elsewhere and gaining muscle in its place? Zyprexa and anti-psychotics like the ones I'm on are known to cause people to retain fat around their abdomen.
>>
>>35292716
>Zyprexa and anti-psychotics like the ones I'm on are known to cause people to retain fat around their abdomen.

I really think this is your issue, friend, but eventually the body will win. I assume you don't go to a gym, or have a home gym?
>>
File: Picture 168.jpg (264 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Picture 168.jpg
264 KB, 1280x720
>>35292696
This is a picture of me from a long time ago, when I was running 10ks. Did anything change, besides getting fat?

Please don't insult me too much I'm just autistic and my GF thinks it's funny I guess sorry.

>>35292736
>I assume you don't go to a gym, or have a home gym?
No. I figured that I was weak enough and the labor hard enough that the job substituted for the gym. Now that I quit the job I guess I will probably try going.
>>
File: images.jpg (8 KB, 199x253) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8 KB, 199x253
>>35292767
>GF
>>
>>35292767

Friend, you seem like you have a tough life. Don't beat yourself up about a little adipose tissue. You'll lose it before you know it.

I believe in you. Off to bed. Good luck lad.
>>
>>35292829
>Friend, you seem like you have a tough life. Don't beat yourself up about a little adipose tissue. You'll lose it before you know it.
You didn't address anything I said. Why bother commenting?

It's fucking /fit/. Of course I'm going to beat myself up about being fat. I already have enough problems; I don't need this one too.
>>
>>35293342

You either aren't counting calories properly or aren't in a deficit, probably both. You have fuck all muscle mass meaning it's going to be hard as fuck to cut and when you do get down to low weight you'll still look pudgy. Now fuck off and start lifting otherwise you'll still look and feel like shit, you'll just be at a lower weight.
>>
>>35293484
>You either aren't counting calories properly or aren't in a deficit, probably both.
Except I literally am in both.
>when you do get down to low weight you'll still look pudgy.
Except when I was a ~140lbs I didn't look pudgy at all.

Thanks for the useless post.
>>
>>35292411
Bruh if you can't find a way to shill out $30 a month for a gym that actually allows you to make progress, you need a new hobby.
>>
>>35293491
>Except when I was a ~140lbs I didn't look pudgy at all.

look at the photo you posted of when you thought you weren't fat you were pudgy as fuck.

>Except I literally am in both.

Gee man I guess you defy physics man you are a medical anomaly. If you aren't losing weight then you are not in a deficit simple man. How fucking hard is that to understand? Everyone here is telling you that you are wrong but you won't listen, why are you still here then?
>>
>>35293871
>>Gee man I guess you defy physics man you are a medical anomaly. If you aren't losing weight then you are not in a deficit simple man. How fucking hard is that to understand? Everyone here is telling you that you are wrong but you won't listen, why are you still here then?
Except you're the only one posting that now because you can't fucking read.
>look at the photo you posted of when you thought you weren't fat you were pudgy as fuck.
I wasn't, but okay.
Put a trip on so I can filter your retardation.
>>
>>35293882

This has to be b8 no fatty can be this delusional.
>>
>>35293926
>This has to be b8 no fatty can be this delusional.
I'm not pudgy at all in that image.

You're the only retard telling me that I'm not eating at a deficit despite already having this conversation and me knowing for certain i'm eating at a deficit even if my TDEE is only fucking 2000calories.

We have already established that I'm fucked because of the anti psychotics I'm taking.

Fuck off you god damn idiot.
>>
>>35293938

jesus mate you don't have to be so hostile we are literally trying to help you. If I was you I'd start lifting, get any routine from the wiki and eat at maintenance. Do that for 6 months then after try a deficit again if you still feel you need it.
>>
File: singularity_500_316.jpg (128 KB, 500x316) Image search: [Google]
singularity_500_316.jpg
128 KB, 500x316
>>35293938

are you dense or smth?

your TDEE can be completely different from the number given because everyones metabolism is different. Its just a rough number.

If you are not losing weight your TDEE is obviously way lower and oyu have to adjust.
>>
>>35293938

Nothing can make you 'not' lose weight, you just have to adjust your calories. You claiming that your anti psychotics is the same as fatties claiming thyroid problems. In reality it can affect your metabolism but not as much as you think. So like the other anons have said you aren't in a deficit thus why you are still fat and not losing weight.
>>
>>35294031

I'm hostile because you're being a faggot and trying to tell me something that I already KNOW 100% is false as if it is some fucking secret truth I have never heard of. You don't listen when I tell you that you're wrong and call me a delusional fatty. Of course I'm going to be hostile when you're being a retard.

>If I was you I'd start lifting, get any routine from the wiki and eat at maintenance. Do that for 6 months then after try a deficit again if you still feel you need it.
I don't want to gain muscle right now, I want to lose the fat. When I want to gain muscle I am going to use Test-E because I am not going to go to the gym for 3 fucking years to get results I can get in 6 months.

I'm just going to buy DNP and do 2-3 cycles. Fuck everything.

>>35294050
>your TDEE can be completely different from the number given because everyones metabolism is different. Its just a rough number.
Surely all 6 of the calculators I used MUST be wrong by over 1500 calories, right?
There is no fucking way a 20 year old male who does hard manual labor for 8 hours a day 6 days a week and only eats 1 meal of 1000-1500 calories with maybe a drink or two adding up to no more than 400 calories is eating at or over maintenance.

Know how I know? Because I ate way, way worse than this when I was running 10Ks which burn fewer calories than what I'm doing now, and I was still losing weight.

>>35294071
>>Nothing can make you 'not' lose weight, you just have to adjust your calories. You claiming that your anti psychotics is the same as fatties claiming thyroid problems. In reality it can affect your metabolism but not as much as you think. So like the other anons have said you aren't in a deficit thus why you are still fat and not losing weight.
That's funny because I checked after the first few responses and I am actually losing fat everywhere but my torso. Apparently I am also gaining muscle mass somehow too because I can lift more than I could before I started the job.
>>
>>35294071
>You claiming that your anti psychotics is the same as fatties claiming thyroid problems. In reality it can affect your metabolism but not as much as you think
Just so you're aware, this is wrong too:
http://www.drperlmutter.com/zyprexa-alters-metabolism/
>>
>>35294082

If you already know the answers why are you still here then mate?
>>
>>35294108
>>If you already know the answers why are you still here then mate?
I was waiting for someone to tell me if it looked like I had gained any muscle mass from the old pic to the now pic, but everyone just decided to be illiterate and spew shit at me instead.
>>
>>35294114

you gained a lot of fat obviously so it's hard to see if you've gained muscle.
>>
>>35292391
>"measures everything"
> hasn't lost any weight
> "it can't be that I'm just shit at counting and have overestimated my maintenance calories"
> "magic calories are entering my body"
>"guise halp I'm haunted by a calorie poltergeist"
>>
>>35294250
see >>35294082

Additionally, I ate pretty similarly to how I'm eating now before I started the job. If I was miscounting as bad as you are implying, I should have gained like 20 more pounds, but I didn't. I've been around 180 for the past 5-6 months.
>>
>>35293926
>watching this thread
>so confuse
>is there only one guy with weight loss issues?

So here's the thing, physician here, if this guy is taking antipsychotics then a known side effect of them is weight gain like crazy. It's very hard to avoid weight gain on certain antipsychotic medications, I'm talking upwards of 20 pounds in ridiculously short periods of time in aloooot of patients taking them. Calories in, calories out but the APs might be a big factor.
>>
I'm 6'0 and was in an alcoholic binge at the start of the year weighed about 135 lbs. I'm now at ~162 with lots of eating and lots of gym. It was fun, and I got to eat a lot. You gotta do the same.
>>
I think skinny fat is just my natural body type tbqh

>look at recent pic
>realise I'm pushing the boundary of skinny fat into fat
>cut down the calories, eat healthy food and start cardio
>get to around 10%BF abs
>facial aesthetics peak, jaw line and cheek bones well defined
>snack on some lettuce
>end up eating a whole ~1kg lettuce by itself with a bit of soy sauce
>follow up with 1lb of peanuts and a 1kg pack of carrots
been binging everyday since then (1 week ago) and gone up to around 12-13% BF. I try to keep the food clean but it doesn't matter what it is I'll mow through it uncontrollably.
>>
>>35294319
binging is a slippery slope

just stop
>>
>>35294319
The hardest part of stopping binging is to stop the cycle. It's so easy to do it day after day after day. If you can get a couple weeks without binging, it'll start to get insanely easy I promise. Figure out why you binge (boredom, stress relief, comfort, habit, whatever) and try to replace it with something else. Find other ways to consume your time, don't ever use food as a reward if you have a tendency to binge. Try doing some cardio or bodyweight or yoga or some shit when you feel like binging, exercise is shown to suppress hunger shortterm and it'll relieve stress + get your mind off it.

Shit's hard but if you really take the time to think deep within yourself and figure out why you binge, it'll be miles easier to avoid it. It's almost always emotional, you'll only binge out of genuine hunger if you have a batshit retarded diet and are severely lacking in nutrients or necessary bodyfat.
>>
>>35294428
I'm not sure why I binge. I don't particularly crave any snacks or sugar and there's no discomfort involved in my dieting (don't get hungry or anything). When I do it it feel like an uncontrollable physical need to eat. I ate a raw unprepared lettuce and I literally couldn't stop myself. My hand just kept pulling chunks off of it and stuffing it into my mouth. It felt like my body took over the reigns and did it on autopilot.

The second day wasn't as bad but I still had that physical urge to eat anything I could (a couple more packs of peanuts, a pack of biscuits more carrots etc).

The days since the physical need hasn't been present but I've still sort of binged on anything that was available.
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.