[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is training upperbody 3 times a week with a two day break in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1449072461151.jpg (253 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1449072461151.jpg
253 KB, 1600x1200
Is training upperbody 3 times a week with a two day break in between workouts overtraining? My friend is doing this and I'm trying to tell him he is hurting his gains. Or am I in the wrong?
>>
>>35291885
You're in the wrong
>>
Overtraining is a meme. If you're able to perform the same movements, and the same weight, without hurting yourself. Then you're not overtraining.
>>
Here's my advice: stop giving other people stupid advice.
>>
File: image.jpg (99 KB, 1178x679) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
99 KB, 1178x679
>>35291885
So instead of:

AxBxAxx

I did - ABxABxx
Would that be okay? Or would I not get enough rest to go up on lifts?
I wanna get bigger and stronger really.
>>
>>35291979
it depends on the routine. with pic related you'll probably injure yourself and make no gainz
>>
>>35291979
No, those are full body workouts, you need at least 48 hours of rest between them. Also your friend is right, he's allowing 72 hours in between workouts, which is fine. In fact, it's probably too much rest, if he's only interested in upperbody (ie an idiot) he could just do AxBxCxx where A is the heavy day and B and C are lighter days. If he's a novice then he can turn B and C into heavy days too.
>>
>>35291990
Explain please
Why would you make no gains?
I can understand squatting 4x a week and deadlifting at lest twice is asking for an injury, so I'd drop the front squats
>>
>>35291979
There's a reason why its ABA/BAB instead of ABAB

Because for sure youre gonna fuck your shit up squatting heavy one day after another twice a week followed by heavy deadlifts right afterward

ESPECIALLY if you're a beginner

Also CMIIW but i remembered seeing this routine way back and it was 4 x 10 for everything not 5 x 5
>>
>>35291885
everybody here is a fucking retard cunt. Have you ever heard of the bulgarian style of training? Its where you lift every fucking day.
What happened the first week you started lifting? You were sore as shit because your body was not used to this stimulus. Now that you've built up a tolerance and can recover from your workouts, your DOMS are not as bad. So what happens when you increase your frequency? Your body will adapt. Easing into 4 days of training from 3 will increase your total volume. There is a limit as to how much you can increase your training frequency because we cant spend 7 days a week in the gym.
Instead of just increasing frequency, people vary their intensity and volume as well to keep it fresh so the body doesn't get too used to its workouts. Powerlifters reduce their volume and increase their intensity as they get closer to a meet which prepares them for 1rms.(peaking).
bulgarian method has you squatting benching everyday and people can get fucking strong af.
I did bulgarian for bench in the summer for two weeks and my bench increased 10lbs for my 3x5.
>>
>>35292186
this guy knows whats up
>>
>>35292186
>bench increased 10 lbs

For a total of 190
>>
>>35292186
Except the Easter Europeans and the Russians know what proper recovery is supposed to be. They spend almost as much time in the sauna, getting massages and stretching as they do lifting.

Tell a kid to do Bulgarain and he'll do it till he damages his ligaments. Then you'll ask him how often he did a deload week, and he'll look at you wondering wtf a deload week is.
>>
>>35292464

The Russians didn't do that hyper-frequency thing, and the Bulgarians didn't use deload weeks (or training maxes, for that matter. When they talked about maxing out, they meant maxing out).
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.