[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup /fit/izens, I'm thinking about asking my GF for a "fitbit"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: fitbit.png (131 KB, 558x540) Image search: [Google]
fitbit.png
131 KB, 558x540
Sup /fit/izens, I'm thinking about asking my GF for a "fitbit" for christmas, but is that gay? Like, my girl will get me it, but will my bros think I'm a faggot for it? I'm 16% body fat, trying to get a summer body, well, by summer, and was looking into a fit bit. Seems like a fun watch that also tracks your workouts and shit like that.

So, should i get it? Or will I look like a total faggot?
>>
Just got this as a present but cannot be bothered to work it kek
>>
>>35291006
It's only really good for tracking your sleep.
There are tons of cheaper options for tracking your workout
>>
>>35291021
ah ok like what
>>
>>35291006
isnt fitbit just a footstep counter? theres app on your phone that do the same thing
>>
>>35291042
oh fuck me, that's it? I thought it counted calories burned and miles walked
>>
>>35291006
Just make sure it matches the color of your purse
>>
I have a fitbit charge HR, the options on it are miles, calories, steps, heartrate, stair cases and time. it's great for counting your steps, if you connect it to your phone or pc you can also track your sleep
>>
>>35291087
Also to answer your question, will i look like a faggot? no, it looks like a minimalist watch kinda thing
>>
>>35291050
>>35291087
you can get a pedometer or w.e that tracks your foot steps for like $5, or free on your phone.
>>
File: atlas_wristband_450_ns_yellow.png (129 KB, 450x452) Image search: [Google]
atlas_wristband_450_ns_yellow.png
129 KB, 450x452
Since this thread is related has anyone heard anything about this one?

The atlas tracker? It was made for lifting in mind but there are no really good reviews out

https://www.atlaswearables.com/
>>
I wear one all the time OP, I've never thought about it looking bad and nobody has ever said anything.
As for the watch itself, it's kind of cumbersome. I got the fitbit HR so the fucker is always flashing a super bright green light in my face whenever I move my arm when I'm sleeping.
Also you have to take it off when you shower. I damaged one and got it replaced via warranty.
Also the fucker runs out of batteries like every 3 days.
The data aspect is cool if you have an analytical mind. The app lets you input your food/water consumption and it does the rest for you. But even that seems kinda tedious when you could just do everything in your head.

The heartrate monitor is also pretty shitty. I'll do some cardio at the gym and compare my fitbit reading with the treadmill's reading and the watch will always be like 20 units lower than the treadmill. It is kinda cool to look at the graph and be able to say "Oh that's when I woke up. Oh that's when I took a jog. Oh that's when I had sex." etc.

All in all, if you have the money to throw, it's not bad. But I almost prefer a conventional digital minimalistic watch to this thing (solely because of the charging aspect).
>>
>>35291102
and? you can get a watch for 10 dollars too.. why would i buy an expensive watch?
>>
>>35291125
my heartrate is perfect just 1 second delay behind treadmill sensors
>>
>>35291145
My heartrate is 113/63, resting of 60BPM.. I don't need to worry about my heart i think it'd be cool to track how many calories i burn tho.. is it legit?
>>
>>35291145
I've read that a lot of the fitbit's HR monitor has to do with the position of the device on your arm and the level of perspiration. That's probably my issue. I'm not too concerned about it though. Nice to know the device itself isn't inherently flawed
>>
>>35291137
i'm not sure what you are getting at, buying an expensive watch is dumb also.
>>
The watch is like $100. Are you fuckers this poor or just jewish?
>>
>>35291117

FUCKING GOD DAMNIT I JUST BOUGHT A FITBIT AND THIS THING EXISTS

FUCK
FUCK
FUCK
>>
>>35291037
a book
>>
>>35291117
whoa id buy that one
>>
>>35291199
hey hey hey, it's $100 that's fucking hella for a fucking watch. but i aint buying that shizzle, my bitch is.
>>
>>35291117
Clever advertising atlas faggots.. imma look into it, looks interesting
>>
>>35291236
I can assure you I am not affiliated with the REVOLUTIONARY Atlas tracker TM.

No but really I just searched all over and there were only a few shitty youtube vids.

I want it, but I want a comprehensive breakdown before I plunge in
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.