[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
self-improvement thread. school's over edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6
File: Self-improvement.jpg (401 KB, 1419x1465) Image search: [Google]
Self-improvement.jpg
401 KB, 1419x1465
didnt see in catalog so figured id make one

this is an old version of one of the pastebins, please share a new one since this is all i have

http://pastebin.com/fBCyWRyz

please no gay inspirational quotes
>>
File: kids-muscle-man-shirt.jpg (525 KB, 1750x2500) Image search: [Google]
kids-muscle-man-shirt.jpg
525 KB, 1750x2500
post only gay inspirational quotes and spiderman memes
>>
File: 1450224632615.jpg (74 KB, 460x563) Image search: [Google]
1450224632615.jpg
74 KB, 460x563
I've finally been eating, not just bulking. Some days I'd just go without eating not a big deal for me. I'm limiting my weed intake to weekends only so now I get up at a resonable time. Usually I'd get up at noon or later from the weed. Also led to not eating. Now I'm bulking with pride. I just need to remember to take my vitamins.
>>
>>35290267
waking up between 6-7 am helped my mood and productivity so much. unbelievably so
>>
b
>>
File: 1449000276948.jpg (130 KB, 618x556) Image search: [Google]
1449000276948.jpg
130 KB, 618x556
>Earned MA in Humanities
>Can't find a job
>tfw

What are some things a fella can do to make them seem more desirable to employers? I've been unemployed for about four months now, and I'm doing my best to beef up my resume. Mostly with volunteering and taking night school courses (in case I decide to back to college). Anything else I could be doing, or am I fucked without seriously recommitting myself to four years in STEM or whatever?
>>
>>35290613
what kind of jobs does a humanities degree apply to?
>>
File: 1401170792634.jpg (153 KB, 707x490) Image search: [Google]
1401170792634.jpg
153 KB, 707x490
>>35290613
>tfw found a job in my field 1 month after graduating with my political science degree
>tfw will go back to school next year for joint master's and JD
>mfw my engineer cuck of a friend has been unemployed for nearly 7 months after graduating
>>
>>35290661
how the fuck does an engineer go unemployed for so long?

i already have a cs job lined up and im not done with college nor do i go to a great uni
>>
>>35290665
i have no idea but so far he still doesn't have a job. i think it's personality related.
>>
>>35290676
did he intern anywhere? was that shit not required?
>>
>>35290652
They say pretty much anything since it provides the skills to be critical, analytical, organized, disciplined, etc. So as long as its nothing technical/highly specific (someone who majored in Russian Literature with no STEM background whatsoever will probably never work in a lab or as a computer programmer or whatever), the world is your oyster (or so they say...)

I'm not picky, I just haven't found anything yet and it's getting kinda disheartening. So I'm working on myself in the meantime, and part of that is seriously considering going back to college for something practical. Another part is doing volunteer work and night school and shit.

>>35290661
Neat. What type of work?
>>
>>35290694
take some crash courses or a bootcamp or some shit in coding and become a team leader or developer or some shit

Companies don't care about a CS degree as long as you know how to get shit done, and you can sell your humanities degree as you being a team leader or something
>>
>>35290694
Paralegal at a medium-sized law firm. Some days the work is a bit tedious but I was promoted pretty quickly after joining up and my work has a tendency to shift where they need it to.

I'm thinking of going JAG after I finish my post-grad programs to get some money and experience before vying for a job in the public sector (Not to mention show off my sweet gains at basic desu)
>>
>>35290613
The easier way is to do a apprenticeship with an electrical engineer or a computer engineer. You can also go to a technical school and get a job as a electrician. You were very stupid by doing a MA in Humanities, weren't you warned about it ?
>>
>>35290613
What kind of jobs does one typically get with a MA in humanities? Don't those people write and read a lot or something? Start a blog about something relevant to that education and your interests, something you'd like to work with personally perhaps. Build up a presence on social media and you might meet some people trough that. Its all about connections anyways.
>>
>>35290665
really depends on the country your in. Im in Australia and graduate positions are hard to find
>>
>>35290709
Does the accreditation matter tho? Do employers give a shit about where/how the skill was obtained, or do they only care that you possess it and can do the work?

If can learn coding quick and dirty without having to commit to a 2+ year college program or whatever, I'll certainly do it. desu, I'm feeling like so much of my education has been fucked up by the notion of prestige, and that the fancier the parchment and more illustrious the school it came from, the better.

>>35290776
>You were very stupid by doing a MA in Humanities, weren't you warned about it ?

I broke even on my MA (tuition was covered by TAships and scholarships). I did it because it was essentially free, and because in a flood of BAs in Humanities, it stood to reason any MAs beyond that would be more desirable. Now I'm looking for work, and my career coaches at employment agencies are telling me to not even mention having an MA because it tends to intimidate employers.
>>
>>35290776
Also, I genuinely thought at the time I would go all the way in academia, getting a PhD and become a professor. Without wasting your time with another blog post, I'll just say that reality's a bitch.
>>
>>35290802
ive heard of 6-9 week programs in san fran that just teach you how to code and work with companies in the area to get you a job.

i cant vouch for how good they work, but i've heard many CS profs and people in the industry express the whole "degree isn't necessary" sentiment
>>
>>35290844
how much that cost senpai
>>
>>35290876
https://www.coursereport.com
>>
>>35290214
Do you have a mirror for the models by Mark manson the one in pastebin is removed
>>
>>35290802
You can learn code quickly and just make a github page of your work. But you can't learn it dirty. Bad coding shows and matters. Especially if you're handling data. There's a big difference in O(n) and O(log(n))
>>
b
>>
>pasta

To be fair, I'm a 6'1" blue-eyed blonde guy, so that probably colors what I'm telling you. But I made the leap from years of kissless celibacy in college to getting ass on the regular now,
so maybe this helps a bit.

First, focus on yourself. Doesn't mean go cocoonmode, just that you dedicate yourself to building a solid base. Get in shape. Clean up your house. Get your education or career on track.
Ideally, get some wheels - a pickup and a motorcycle if you can afford it, but a shitty 1990 civic is better than nothing. Basically just eliminate the most important weaknesses.

Second, get a social hobby or two. Your WoW guild doesn't count. Join a frisbee team, a hiking club, or something similar. Coed is preferable but not required;
you're here to make some bros right now, so don't get distracted by women. The goal here is to get used to loosening up and relaxing in a social context, and to make some regular friends.
Start hanging out before and after the events - show up early and chat, stop for drinks with some of the group after events. You're probably years behind in developing your social skills,
but that's completely fine - you don't have to dominate the scene, just focus on being a good listener and being the guy people like to talk to and hang around,
maybe contribute a little to the conversation.

Give that about three months to get comfortable, then start seeing people more socially. You are now ready to start putting in effort with girls. PUA offers one really good piece of advice here -
if you're afraid to approach a girl, or you make excuses about "not right this second, just need an opportunity", then you need to go out and deliberately get rejected by 100 girls.
Sack up and deal with it. I promise, you're basically numb to rejection after the fiftieth one, but the pain of cowardice never stops. Go out with some guys to a bar and get shot down.
If they have tips, listen.
>>
>>35291580
>2/2

2/2

A lot of Chads aren't so hot. Some I've known are manlets, ass-ugly with pug noses, or have the unfocused gaze of a lifelong stoner. They still pull plenty of pussy, because they don't get hung up
and make excuses. They fear their own cowardice more than they fear awkwardness and rejection. They rely on the strength of their bros and their own confidence to succeed.
We aren't all created equal, so it comes harder for some than others. While you're whining about Fair and Inner Beauty, Chad is fucking your oneitis. So stop whining about it.

Once you've overcome your cowardice, get some female friends from your social group to help you revamp your wardrobe.
Chicks love to play dressup; it's their second-favorite thing after playing matchmaker. So you've got one or two female friends helping you fix your wardrobe, and they are off limits,
but they have friends who are single. Get them to set you up. Dates are fine, but I prefer group social environments. The risk that the new girl will prefer one of the other guys is,
in my experience, outweighed by the way you will outrank her in the social hierarchy simply by being there with friends you know well. If you can't take that, set up a blind date.
You'll probably have to go through ten or more before you can handle a first date without spaghetti, deal with it, Chad did it ten years ago which is why he seems so much better now.

Keep it casual. Meet the new girls for drinks somewhere. Wander around the area. Don't be afraid to touch her. Don't push for commitment. Amuse yourself first,
she'll be happier to feed off your positive emotions than to watch you dance to entertain her. Acting like she's gf material is too much pressure, don't do it.

You get good at dating surprisingly fast. Then you get good at hookups. And then, backwards but true, after that you start to get good at meeting girls. And then you're Chad.
>>
whats the best way to whiten teeth? i have no money for procedures, or insurance for that matter.

i didnt brush for about 11 years but i recently learned this emotion called "self conciousness" after realizing ive become a fat, unsociable slob.
i just want to fix this guys. ive almost gotten rid of the acne, ive got about 30 pounds left in this cut, i just want some nice teeth to bring me up to 5/10.
>>
File: 64370.jpg (15 KB, 170x338) Image search: [Google]
64370.jpg
15 KB, 170x338
>>35291691
I went to the health store and bought charcoal tablets. open them up, put it on your toothbrush and brush with it. I did it and it worked only to discover that under the yellow, I have some stains on my teeth, so they stood out more. So I stopped.
>>
>>35291987
any way to just bleach the stains white? i probably have some ear-wax-yellow stains myself
>>
>>35291691
>didn't brush for about 11 years

Why do I know your not from America

I mean come on man wtf if I go 2 days without brushing I feel disgusting
>>
>>35291691

>i didnt brush for about 11 years
found the smelly europoor
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.