[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
High Bar vs Low Bar
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 478x308) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 478x308
This is it, /fit/.
Today we make up our minds forever and decide which is better:
>low bar squat
>high bar squat
>>
>>35290059
>shit mobility
Low bar
>good mobility
High bar

Idk desu senpai i'm dyel as fuck and my max squat is 165lbsx5
>>
>>35290059
>Diagrams from starting strength
>implying Rippetoe knows how to coach the Squat
>implying anyone whose done SS had an impressive Squat at a powerlifting meet
>implying anyone whose done SS went on to win at an Olympic weightlifting competition
>>
Are the knees meant to track so far past the toes on high bar? I was under the impression that would fuck you up after awhile.
>>
>>35290059
high bar, it gives u more room to correct form, and if bend a bit u end up in low bar... its just a bit of a saftey net
>>
front squat is the only true measure of your squatting ability. back squats are just too easy to fudge and not good for anything
>>
>>35290155
underrated post
>>
>>35290155
Yes
All those Olympic lifters Back Squat because it's useless
>>
>>35290155
Snatch grip Deadlifts from a 1 foot deficit are the only true measure of pulling power, anything else makes it too easy for advantageous leverages to let the lifter fudge the exercise
>>
>>35290059
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8zyw3fXZes
>>
>>35290260
It's an extremely useful exercise. Just not the best measure of leg strength.
>>
>>35290128
I heard oly lifters let their knees go past their toes. Something about natural postion. The thing that fuks up your joints is something else that i forget
>>
>>35290059

Excellent choice of thread to start a big clusterfuck of people touting their own personal preference as "better".

>Next we will decide once and for all which is better: Fapping with your right or left hand?
>LOLOLOL LEFTY FAGGOTS ITT THINKING THEY KNOW HOW TO FAP
>FUCKING RIGHTY SCUM
>>
>>35290128

Nope. That's a myth perpetuated by bro-science PTs everywhere. There's no truth to it.
>>
>>35290285
The best measure of leg strength is a movement that doesn't allow you to use the full strength of everything in the lower body?
>>
File: overhead-squat-valgus-collapse.jpg (112 KB, 925x823) Image search: [Google]
overhead-squat-valgus-collapse.jpg
112 KB, 925x823
>>35290289

What fucks up your joints is what's called a "valgus knee collapse". It's when your knees collapse inwards and don't track in line with your toes. Pic related
>>
>>35290319
I've seen this in gyms and I never got how it happens. How does your body think this will make lifting a weight easier?

I don't think my legs can even do that.
>>
Something in my hip crease has been hurting whenever I try to squat hi bar. time to switch to low?
>>
>>35290289
Is it maybe that one weird trick that doctors hate?
>>
>>35290302
>implying that was not the point
>>
>>35290370
It happenned to me when I was starting to squat.

I thought "shit so thats how you squat,finally" thinkig that I just found how to properly squat,lmao.Good thing is that I was squatting shit weights and didnt fuck up anything
>>
I squat twice a week, I do both high bar and low bar
>>
>>35290116
Issy from powerliftingtown.org
>>
>>35290128
Squatting too shallow is what fucks your knees.
www.lookgreatnaked.com/articles/the_biomechanics_of_squat_depth.pdf
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.