[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have really bad DOMS right now. Like It hurts to type and if
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: ouch.jpg (38 KB, 300x224) Image search: [Google]
ouch.jpg
38 KB, 300x224
I have really bad DOMS right now. Like It hurts to type and if I let my arm stay still for a few minutes, it locks up.

I've already taken 6 ibuprofen and taken a hot shower. What should I do? Its forearm, elbow area, triceps, biceps, brachs, delts, lats and abs.

What can I do to ease the pain before I have to turn to hydrocodone? I have to work tomorrow and I have to use my arms and climb ladders.
>>
>>35289456
WORK OUT
>>
>>35289466
That's the cause of the problem.
>>
is it soreness or pain? If soreness jsut stay hydrated and deal with it.
>>
>>35289481
Different fag. It sounds retarded, but working the muscle a bit will make your doms go away. I am ASSUMING this is doms. If you injured yourself then it'll make it worse.
>>
6 ibprofun? jesus christ

get a stress ball or start working out your forarms. Basically you have weak ass arms

also get off the fucking computer for 1 second
>>
>>35289456
I had this when I first started OP. Like, my arm was locked into a 100 degree angle (give or take) for like four days. You'll get better, but it's going to hurt like a bitch.

Don't workout while you recover.

Monitor your piss to make sure it doesn't turn brown (like Coca-Cola color brown), and if it does get to the emergency room. If your piss does turn brown, you likely have Rhabdomyolysis (http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/rhabdomyolysis-symptoms-causes-treatments). This is very unlikely to occur, but it's just a heads-up.
>>
>>35289503
Mostly soreness, but theres a really sharp pain in my inner elbow and underneath my pecks from the center of chest to the shoulder.
>>
>>35289536
>don't workout while you recover.

This is bullshit. Read sticky.
>>
>>35289532
its not just the arms, its all over. I think its the stupid trainer pushing me too hard.
>>
>>35289558
I only mean that if it was actually as bad as I had it. I literally couldn't bend my arm in either direction.
>>
>>35289565
And you waited for FOUR DAYS? Christ you need to stretch that shit man.
>>
>>35289563

idk man but if your shit is locking up id go to the fucking doctor

assuming your diet is in check and youre getting enough water, idk what the problem could be. Don't take that much ibprofun next time either.
>>
>>35289558

agreed

as long as im getting enough calories the more i work out the stronger i become and the more gains i get. I've hit chest and arms for 3 days straight now
>>
File: Figure2.jpg (138 KB, 1317x1143) Image search: [Google]
Figure2.jpg
138 KB, 1317x1143
Foam roll your shit senpai. Helped me tonnes with DOMS when I first started lifting
>>
>>35289565
I can still move my arms, but I think we have the same problem. everything is a bit sore, but around the elbow and chest is so tight and painful I have slowly stretch my arms just to extend them outward.
>>
>>35289539
I had this once in my left shoulder. It hurt so much I couldn't move my arm. I put some cool gel on it for 2 days and after that all was well.
>>
>>35289609
If you can still move without locking up, then you just need to stretch out, and continue working out.

You should only not work out if you literally cannot do so without major pain (and not the lifting kind of pain).
>>
>>35289581
6 over the last 12 hours, like the directions say is the max.
>>
>there are people that seriously complain about DOMS that aren't leg day related

Seriously, fuck off.

DOMS is one of the best feelings you can feel by working out.
>>
>>35289563
Don't even start thinking like that. It'll go away. Eventually you'll come to miss it. Doms is the greatest feeling in the world.
>>
>>35289603
gay af
Real men enjoy DOMS
>>
>>35289603
another anon here. Foamroller sounds like a meme but it actually helps me with doms after doing heavey squats and long distance running
>>
>>35289639
Listen to this guy. If you can move, then you're fine. Move more. Really really. This feeling is normal. It'll stay bad until you decide to move around, stretch and work the muscles more.
>>
>>35289456

Ice and compression. If that doesn't help, I'd see an MD. Could be compartment syndrome or rhabdo (if your pee looks dark like coca cola, see an MD immediately).
>>
>>35289456
Unless you have Rhabdo, which you don't, the best way to fix DOMS is more working out and a healthy dose of MTFU.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.