[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
flexibility training
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: best.routine.ever.jpg (37 KB, 616x359) Image search: [Google]
best.routine.ever.jpg
37 KB, 616x359
i would like to train myself to be more flexible.
i have asked in qtddtot and just get vague replies to "do yoga, bro" or something similar...

but i am looking for a specific routine that i can progress on... like an actual list of exercises i can practice to get more and more flexible.

i tried following along to yoga videos, but that shit was just too dumb, and there was too much sitting around without any stretching at all.

i just want like a 30-40 minute flexibility routine i can do daily and work on my progression...

does such a thing even exist?
>>
>>35287649
join a ballet class
>>
>>35287714
see?
vague shit like this, are the only answers i get
"join a yoga class"
"join pilates
"just start dancing"
>>
>>35287649
http://phraktured.net/molding-mobility.html

http://phraktured.net/starting-stretching.html
>>
File: 1358180697001s.jpg (10 KB, 153x250) Image search: [Google]
1358180697001s.jpg
10 KB, 153x250
>>35287801
Pic related.
>>
>>35287811
but.... i like being able to add "and i didn't even read the sticky" to the end of my progress posts...
and yes, i am a massive faggot.
>>
>>35287756
are you an actual retard? ballet dancers are flexible. they train flexibility every day. you asked how to get flexible

just kill yourself
>>
>>35287649
id kill for one of these
>>
You might want to try one of those Pavel Tsatsouline books. They're written in retarded commie slang, but he outlines different routines and exercises in every one of them that are actually really good.
>>
Full body stretch, start bottom to top(this matters), 1 set of each muscle for 15 seconds. Do this twice a week.

Bam you're done. Want faster results, do 3 times a week/increase sets, don't change time.
>>
>>35287649
Do stretches athletes do for sports
3x a day minimum
5x a day works best

The most simple stretches everybody knows work best because they're effective.
>>
>>35287649
in the sticky there are actually flexibility and mobility links u dingus
>>
>>35288484
Is 15 seconds really enough?

I read a study that saw no difference between once a day to thrice a day nor any difference between 30 seconds and 60 seconds. But 15 secs 3/7 days seems a lot lower than that, is this really as good as it gets?
>>
>>35289712
15 seconds is optimal, there have been many studies about time under tension for a stretch, incredible diminishing returns after 15 seconds.
>>
>>35287649
It's in the sticky, read the sticky.

Be careful what you post kid, I have reporting privileges.
>>
>>35290118
me again, I ASSURE you, you will get more results with 2 sets of 15, than 1 set of 30. Just do 3-4 other stretches after your first set, then go back to do the second set. You still want that rest period in there if you are going to do multiple sets. I was a gymnast, and did white middle class karate, I looked extensively into stretching science, got both my splits.
>>
>>35290134
SS+GOMAD AMIRITE
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.