[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to put on muscle mass and lose tummy fat at the same time?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: situation-abs.jpg (27 KB, 615x409) Image search: [Google]
situation-abs.jpg
27 KB, 615x409
How to put on muscle mass and lose tummy fat at the same time? Is this possible?
>>
File: hmmm.png (359 KB, 658x374) Image search: [Google]
hmmm.png
359 KB, 658x374
eat hte spaghetti to forgetti ur regretti
>>
>5'8"
>fluctuate 140-150 lbs
>skinnyfat

I've used mass gainer in the past but I'm still trying to have nice abs and obliques, is this only achieved by cutting? I'm not in any position to cut right now.
>>
>>35286076
>Max bench 205 lbs
>Max squat 275 lbs
>Not sure max for deadlift
>>
Should I just use mass gainer until I put on a significant amount of weight (this would take me a long time), and then cut?
>>
Possible but very difficult natty. Look into body decomposition routines but exercise only takes you so far. Diet is 85% of the battle. This goes beyond eating clean. Keeping a strict schedule of macros, making sure you eat at the correct times and volumes. Do this consistently, getting enough sleep and water you'll achieve what you're looking for. Will take 6+ months to see MAJOR results.
>>
>>35286304

Recomposition*** loldecompostion
>>
>>35286304
I'm looking for strictly natty gains here. I've tried test boosters and pro hormones once or twice before and saw great results, but noticed that I would just lose the weight I gained in a month or two. I've been out of the gym now for a few months because I had been in the gym 6 days a week and in less than a year's time had seen good results, more muscle, but no weight gain. This was very discouraging for me but I realize now that not going to the gym isn't going to fix not reaching my goals.

I'm reading the sticky now and I think that I shouldn't worry about being super lean at first, I should just work on bulking, more calories and protein, and when I gain a good 10-15 pounds (that would be incredible for me, I've been 150 lbs my entire teenage/adult life) I can then worry about being lean.

I work in a high activity environment, I have to run 3+ miles multiple times a week, and I've been told that cardio will kill my gains, I won't be able to put on mass while running so much and doing all of these physical activities, so that leaves me very discouraged and conflicted because I'm not sure that their claims are even true.

I'm going to work on hitting the gym hard 4-6 times a week, try to eat clean, but overall intake as many calories as I can. According to the sticky I'd have to take in around 3000 calories a day, that might be challenging for me.
>>
>>35286465
>pro hormones
>natty

Fucking hell man, you know those are worse for you than a cycle of test right?

What did you take anyway?
>>
>>35286491
I was trying to say that I tried them, but have decided they are not worth the health risks/false gains.

I'm don't remember what it was, that was a year or two ago.
>>
>>35286465

Best advice and honestly how I did it natty (I've also fucked with PH's and aas) was high intensity interval cardio and then going straight into lifting 3/2 day splits. (ie mon tues weds train...thurs rest...fri/sat train sun rest). But bulking for 3-4 months then cutting is your best option for optimal lean muscle mass. Just make sure you build your routines around bench, squat, military press, deadlift, and clean-snatch. Also: juicing veggies like spinach, kale, celery, carrots, etc. with a small volume of fruit will make you feel godly and appear radiant. Multivitamins and fish oil/ CLA is also your friend.
>>
>>35286491

Lol CEL (competitive edge labs) halodrol, x-tren m-drol , p-plex...

Honestly saw mad gains but if I could go back I would slap the shit out of myself for risking hepatocarcinoma in the future. Oral PH's are horrible for you, I would pin 500 mg test-e over anyday.
>>
>>35286583
This is valuable advice, thank you.
>>
>>35286076
>tummy
manchild detected
>>
>>35286737
great post champ
>>
>>35286690

Cardio then lifting will decrease strength but you will be in the best shape of your life. If you build your cardiovascular system up your gains will actually be better in the long run because the efficiency of this system will increase therefore the efficiency of the cell cycle (healing).

>trust me I'm a molecular biologist
>>
>>35286904
This is a fucking lie.
Do cardio AFTER your workout...
>>
>>35286076

KETO + CALORIC SURPLUS FAGGOT
>>
>>35286919

Not the one you replied to, but whether it's before or after, cardio is always good.
Just make sure to have water + gatorade, or juice, so you can have quick simple carbs as you're lifting
Source: me that does 30-45mins of cardio before or after my workout
>>
>>35286919
My job causes me to do cardio early in the morning, I would have to wake up around 4 AM to do cardio after my workout :(

If I did this though I could knock out my workout first thing in the day, run 3 miles plus exercises, then go get some yummy eggs and bacon for breakfast and throw in a brotein shake somewhere in there.
>>
>>35286919

>Weakfag detected
>>
>>35286904
Hope you're based. This is my routine too:)
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.