[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Krav Maga a good martial arts in terms of fitness? I really
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: hqdefault-2.jpg (9 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault-2.jpg
9 KB, 480x360
Is Krav Maga a good martial arts in terms of fitness? I really want to learn another martial art and I want to replace my gym with Krav Maga. I am doing a smart decision?
>>
>>35284976
>I want to replace my gym with Krav Maga
>I am doing a smart decision?
No.
>>
File: 1447547040343.jpg (12 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1447547040343.jpg
12 KB, 184x184
>>35284976

yes goyim

krav magna is good for you
>>
As the guy advocating Lrav in the last thread this is clearly bait. The answer is that no martial art is better than others for fitness, and it depends on the class. If just for fitness, however...
-Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is a rigorous full body workout regardless.
-Kung Fu (Hung Gar, Wing Chun, etc.) when done old-school will develop your legs and do lots of bodyweight excercises and stretching.
-'MMA' is going to be good for fitness because, as you'd quickly find out, 3 rounds of 5 minutes is an eternity and even just a few rounds of 2 will have you shaking at the start.
-Thai and American boxing are great for cardio, hands down the best.
-Krav is not good for fitness, end of story; unless the instructor makes fitness part of the routine, it won't be present in the base material.
>>
>>35284976
>>35285033
But seriously this is some bait we all know this is bait right
>>
I swear to god that this was not bait. I suck Krav Maga drills and thought they were kind of fun and tough. I wanted to ask you guys. And please don't bring any of that anti semitism shit.
>>
>>35285060
I should start tripfagging, this name seems appropriate.

The drills when done repetitively with rigor will indeed make you sweat, buuuut the class will rarely be a workout other than that- it's up to you to step up and give the activities 110% as a student.

Hence me listing other arts and their respective natural workout properties for perspective's sake. Honestly if it's for fitness alone, BJJ or Boxing will make you reallllly feel your body the next day.
>>
>>35284976

No. Go do MMA.
>>
>>35285060
>And please don't bring any of that anti semitism shit.
Got triggered for >>35284993 ?
Wew please keep your... nose outside of 4chan's lingo
>>
File: 0032 - clDaMk2.png (32 KB, 655x650) Image search: [Google]
0032 - clDaMk2.png
32 KB, 655x650
>YES goy! this new MARTIAL art straight from Israel is what you need!
>Just buy this jewish kimono and some Jew-Jitsu books for your course!
>Oh and don't forget about the monthly payment!
>No, it's not useless go- I mean my friend
>>
I am not triggered. I was just looking for real reasons why I shouldn't join it.
>>
>>35285147
>I was just looking for real reasons why I shouldn't join it.
Actually, you asked if it could replace gym. That's a different question.
>>
Yes and no.

Last time I almost went out, because of the high intensity sparring. But they don't do that everywhere.

I also do boxing as a sport and I would say boxing is better for conditioning. Because some parts of a krav maga lesson are static. But fighting on the ground is really intense .

Do you get more muscular .. no. Do you loose fat .. maybe. Krav maga is good for self defence. Do you want to get in Shape Quickly go run
>>
File: Merchant.png (141 KB, 448x539) Image search: [Google]
Merchant.png
141 KB, 448x539
>>35284976
>the ancient Hebrew art of kicking your opponent in the nuts and running away
Jews have always been renounced for their courage and supperior athletic abilities krav maga is the epitome of this.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.