[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dear /fit/ I am a 6' 200 lb out of shape /fat/fag who has
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 8
File: Marines_do_pushups.jpg (300 KB, 1500x997) Image search: [Google]
Marines_do_pushups.jpg
300 KB, 1500x997
Dear /fit/

I am a 6' 200 lb out of shape /fat/fag who has decided he wants to join the military. I used to be in very good shape, but a several years of soda, fast food, and depression have completely killed my physical. The staff sergeant says I have to lose 10 lbs to even go to physical, nevermind actually meeting minimum PT requirements.

I've already cut soda and fast food completely out of my life in the past week and am beginning to work towards minimum requirements today (13 minute 1 mile run, 50 push ups / minute, 42 sit-ups / minute). I understand that the best way to increase fitness is via weight training, however, I have no access to a gym and not enough space in the house to store a set of weights.

Could some /fit/bros suggest some other ways to improve my fitness given the circumstances? Also, is it possible to drop the 10 lbs by my next chance to take a physical in this coming January, or will I just have to push that back and keep working?

Any and all advice is greatly appreciated.
>>
Also, I do have every intention of exceeding requirements as much as possible, meaning I will be upping my intensity on these as I meet them. Right now they're just the starting point. I'm mostly looking for other ways to supplement my workout that don't require a trip to a gym.
>>
Read the sticky you fucking retarded fat fuck.
>>
File: hooah.jpg (224 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
hooah.jpg
224 KB, 640x480
>>35284325
Can you pass the tape test? To cut weight fast, reduce carbohydrate intake as close to zero as possible. Cut water out before weigh in. If you're close for the tape test I'm sure the recruiter will give you the ol' saran wrap and preparation H treatment.
>>
>>35284346

I read the sticky. You obviously have not. The sticky is 80% "go to a gym" and 19% "eat right". I already know this stuff already. I used to work out consistently in the gym, was the fastest sprinter in my uni's track team and the best forward on our soccer team.

What I'm asking for is NON GYM SUPPLEMENTARY EXERCISES. I know that I cannot build my physical back up just fucking running around and doing a fucking unbalanced workout like "x pushups x situps".

Get your shitposting ass out of here. If you don't like the thread, hide it.
>>
File: 1441043859679.jpg (3 MB, 3091x2664) Image search: [Google]
1441043859679.jpg
3 MB, 3091x2664
>>35284325

actively working out to become a pawn on the battlefield to protect the interests of corporate conglomerates

/fit/ hit a new low today
>>
>>35284392

I might be able to - but I'm making it a point to actually try to boost my fitness as much as possible anyways. I figure if I'm gonna do something, I'm gonna do it right. And still, I miss day where I knew no limits to my stamina, so that's also a motivator.

>>35284409
actively working out to get a job that has a guaranteed paycheck, medical benefits, housing, and food so that I can help take care of my wife and child instead of being another shithead dad that can't contribute anything to his kid other than being there for moral support while we all go broke and homeless from hospital bills.

Being bottom of the barrel poor is shit, son. I didn't ask for your opinion, I asked for your help.
>>
>>35284434

man they really found a good victim in you

depressed fat fuck father

they already took you in and just meme with you by telling you to drop some weight. its just a big circus.

You will die in Syria around 2018 and return in a coffin. Wonder what your family thinks about that but who cares haha.

I am just trying to warn a civilian here.
>>
>>35284462
>implying that all of the military is infantry
>implying that the majority of the military even sees combat
>implying that the majority of the military isn't support and logistics

Get your libtard shit out of here. I'm going USAF (aka the Chair Force), meaning that if I'm a super unlucky bastard I might be the guy pulling the trigger on a drone. But given that I maxed my ASVAB scores out, I'm most likely to wind up an engineer, mechanic, or tech - like my grandpa, father, uncles, or best friend. None of which have ever been anywhere near the middle east or any form of combat zone.
>>
>>35284501

You have no idea whats coming for you buddy.

Don't say nobody warned you when its too late.
>>
100 Push-ups
100 Sit-ups
100 Squats
Run 10k (6.2 Miles)
>>
>>35284508

I dunno, between 4 family members who are veterans (3 of which loved their jobs, 1 of which hated it and actively admits it's because he can't stand taking orders), a friend who is actively enlisted and deployed who has nothing but positives about his work to say, not to mention several friends across most of the branches who have helped direct my decision, I'd say I probably have more of an idea what I'm getting into than some libtard whose only opinion is likely "fuq the system, all polis bad, all soldir bad, rebolusion".

>>35284529
OPM workout, got it. You forgot to not turn on the heat this winter so that I don't waste energy.
>>
>>35284325
Read the sticky.
/thread
>>
>>35284501
Fuck the pacifist pussies ITT, I was a combat engineer in Afghanistan and it was great. Your main focus should be to cut off the excess fat, just run a lot and swim if you can. Do a daily amount of push ups and sit ups, and whatever other bodyweight exercises you think are relevant. Go for at least 100 per day, then raise that amount when it becomes easier.
>>
>>35284692

Thank you for the first truly relevant post. I was always under the impression that just pushups and situps were a very unbalanced form of exercise. But if an actively deployed combat engi thinks it'll work, I'll take it. I will definitely push myself as hard as I can.

>>35284529
Thanks this guy too for somewhat relevant post.

You know /fit/, I'm somewhat disappointed in you overall. 4 years ago I showed up here a cardiofag who was good for nothing other than running a lot and running really fucking fast. But I was not happy with the marathon runner body and was looking for ways to improve on my workout. Back then, you guys pointed me to the gym and helped me learn how things worked. The workout was good, I got /fit/, and I left since after that the board was just a bunch of (admittedly cool) faggots jerking it to each other's gains. But I always made sure to point people looking to get /fit/ in this direction because you guys helped me so much.

Life happened, I lost a lot of things, hit a slump and put on 30 lbs. I come back here for more advice, this time on stuff that doesn't require a gym and what do I find? A bunch of libtard sjws who are probably fatasses that jerk it to each others' made up "gains". After 13 posts I have maybe 2.5 decent replies, and the rest is shit.

Get your shit together, /fit/. This board was about helping each other get in shape and stay in shape at one point. Now all I see is smug superiority bullshit. I'm out.
>>
>>35285034
Push ups and sit ups aren't great for general condition, but since it's a specific requirement for you, you should specifically train it.
As long as you get in good shape through lots of running, the rest of your body should follow along fine.
>>
>>35284392
>cut water to get below 190lbs

jesus christ americans
>>
File: 1450298183293.gif (1 MB, 260x260) Image search: [Google]
1450298183293.gif
1 MB, 260x260
>>35285034

>wahh wahh someone called me a civilian better go back to sleep

fucking weak mongoloid. And you want to join?

Crying because you get BTFO on a north korean self made paper card trading board kek
>>
>>35284393
just get used to running. im training for the marines personally. cut your 1 mile time down to 6 minutes, your 1.5 down to 13 and your 3 mile down to 21. run a mile one day, a mile and a half the next, 3 miles after that, take a day off and repeat. eat atleast decently and continue with your pushup and situp goals and you should be fine. you dont gotta be yoked in the military, just need good endurance and the ability to push/pull your bodyweight with ease.
>>
>>
Here is by best advice. But you will need some dumbells.
Strength training 3 times a week, e.g.:
Lunges: 4-5 sets of 5-12 reps
DB Rows with elbows in: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
Push ups: test how many reps you can do in one set, then start out with half the reps for 3 sets.
DB Rows with elbows out: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
Standing on-arm DB overhead press: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
Abs: Dynamic / isometric (alternating)

Running:
Take time for how long you can run at medium pace, without stopping. Run 2-3 times a week, starting with runnning for half the time of your max time, add 10 seconds everytime you run.

Try to increase your everyday activity. Walk more.

Eat:
Oatz, whole grain. spinach. broccoli. tomatoes. nuts. avocado. milk, yogurt. eggs. quality meat. Go for good quality, you want the best fuel for your body.

That was my ten cents. Sorry for mistakes, english is not my first language.
>>
>>35284462
so many hurt feelings. you should stop posting because you made yourself sound like a real bitchpussy crybabygirl.
>>
>>35284325
I work at the Marine Corps School of Infantry Infantry Training Battalion currently. best of luck with your future but i would recomend getting your strength up ( grunts need to overhead press a 75 lb mk19 for a MSPA req.) and get that cardio up. we do lots of hikes and runs. The longest hike we do is 20K with gear and weapons systems but thats just for your basic school. work hard man, the benifits are good. Dont listen to the naysayers or the dudes that just hide behind their keyboards calling you a pawn
>>
>>35284508
>Being this libtard
I'm going to try out for Recon in the muhreens and if all goes well (extremly difficult but it's my objective) marsoc later down the road, suck on deez nuts you libtard who jerks libtards coks and will never know the joy of shooting a gun
>>
File: 1437881798212.jpg (160 KB, 960x829) Image search: [Google]
1437881798212.jpg
160 KB, 960x829
>>35284501
>implying that all of the military is infantry
>implying that the majority of the military even sees combat
your fucking retarded everybody has the chance to see combat chairforce or not every single instructor for Techschool or drill sergeant has been deployed atleast twice and the other half has seen combat or have chosen to put themselves ahead of the line with special operations support teams or combat ready bases like Georgia is the home of many fast and ready deployable troops, better get physical fit asshole even the airforce is begging to hate fat fucks
>>
File: 1450354091291.jpg (47 KB, 469x464) Image search: [Google]
1450354091291.jpg
47 KB, 469x464
>>35285034
>>35285546
>>35287063

im actually in the military and i was just trying to warn this guy

im voting republican btw. Doesnt mean i have to agree with what we do to our nation.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.