[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Too scared to go to the gym
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 7
File: Severe-Acne-Picture-1[1].jpg (64 KB, 600x613) Image search: [Google]
Severe-Acne-Picture-1[1].jpg
64 KB, 600x613
Cheer me up brehs, I'm in a slope.

I've had pretty bad acne for most of my teenage life (I'm 19 now) and I've hopped on 10mg accutane two weeks ago. I was told beforehand that it'd get worse before it'd get better but I underestimated. Both my cheeks are now covered in disgusting crusts and yellowish pimples. I've never looked so ugly in my entire life. Every day I wake up, my pillow has a few extra bloodstains on it. I got some topical steroid cream today to supposedly help against it. I'm too afraid to go out and I'm very anxious to go to the gym because there are A LOT of hot chicks there and I'm afraid they'll judge me.

I'm probably gonna go anyway and suck it up but I could use some bro sympathy or accutane stories or general advice.

Pic related, not me but similar.
>>
The regret from now going is worse than going. Gl dude
>>
better to shit your pants than die from constipation
>>
I was about to take accutane recently, but I've postponed it a little and decided to take an antibiotic called lymecycline, and basically, I've been eating dirty as a motherfucker and haven't had a single zit in an entire month.

The initial breakout is horrible with accutane, and yeah you might want to stay indoors as much as possible for the next few weeks. But after that it should get better. I heard you can take an antibiotic at the same time as your accutane to ease up the initial breakout a little, though it is apparently harder on your liver.

The only side effects of the antibiotic I've noticed so far is that I get the shits 2 to 3 times a day. It's not convenient, so I'm going to go on accutane eventually.
>>
Get a big white beard that covers your acne and come in dressed as santa clause.
>>
Presumably you are going to the gym to improve and become your final form? if you aren't there yet, then there is only room to improve.
>>
Wait until it clears up a bit. If you accidentally touch your face after touching some equipment you could get a nasty infection.
>>
try going to the gym when it's not so crowded. friday / saturday evenings, sunday mornings, noon on weekdays (whenever possible). other than that, tell yourself it'll get better day by day. you're probably not seeing any results in the mirror, but you'll look better one month from now. even better two months from now. stay persistent!
>>
>>35283928
Just work out at home breh. If you have the time and money, just stay at home as much as humanly possible and do body weight exercises.

Also, careful with that Accutane. I know a guy who took it, and it closed up the pores in his face completely, and now he can't sweat from his head at all. That's really bad.
>>
Thanks guys
>>
>>35283928
hang in there bro...my brother's face looked similar to yours when he started accutane but after a few months it all cleared up

just follow the treatment strictly and dont drink or take stupid shit...hope u'll turn out ok acne is fucking shit
>>
>>35283928
Quit bitching! The reason most people is at the gym is because they're insecure about their looks. Get a fucking hoodie. Get some headphones and focus on yourself! You're not there to hit on girls. Do ur shit, do it right and those bitches will be mirin sooner or later bra!
>>
I took it as a teen about 15 years ago. It worked wonders but was a pain along the way. Don't worry anon, you won't look this way for long and the end result will be worth it. Just hang in there and ride it out. The cracked lips and leather face was a bitch... But it's just a few months, you've got the rest of your life to be a sick cunt.
>>
I'd stay at home until it clears up.
>had a zit on my head
>working out
>look in the mirror after workout
>the zit popped while i was lifting heavy and left a small trail of blood going down my head
You don't want that happening in a public gym.
>>
Fuck what these guys are saying brah everyone has their insecurities, the only way to overcome them is to expose yourself to the anxiety caused by them and become callous to it good luck mate don't be a soft cunt
>>
>>35283928
Op I used to be you, honestly I had disgusting acne all over my back and whats even worse in my whole face. I tried EVERYTHING until i finally tried some Accutane and it changed my life! Took me about 5 months to see results tho but hang in there!
>>
>>35283928
What do you have to lose honestly? If I were you I would go full cocoon mode. Work out like a motherfucker, after a few months you will have noticeable gains and a clear face. You have the chance to become a completely different person. But you must start now.
>>
>>35283975
Read this quote yesterday. Died laughing
>>
>>35283928
fuck that'ld be painful as fuck.

I have eczema and what I usually do is sweat that shit out, make my pores unclog and everything, then cold shower then cream it up.

>i know they are polar opposite (dry/greasy), but to get it back to neutral i assume is the same
>>
>>35283928
That is god awful.

I'm on accutane too. My face got really really bad the first three weeks, but it got better after that.
>>
>>35284107
same. Accutane is very helpful if you have horrible acne. see a dermatologist
>>
>>35283928
Instead of spending money on a gym membership, buy dumbells, the weight adjusting kind. Up to 50 lbs, as you just started going to the gym no? You can literally do most exercises at home as a beginner, like bench press (use any stool or an exercise ball), deadlift (straight back and just pretend the dummbells are attached to a barbell, and do lunges instead of squats.
>>
>>35283928
Some advice.

1, if you eat dairy and stuff then try removing it from your diet for a bit, that can cause a lot of spots etc. I found out I'm intolerant to dairy and lactose intolerant and I get horrendous skin with any dairy product even with lactase enzyme

2, buy a concealer, I still use one to date and I haven't took accutane in about 3 years, I get the normal spots and if I catch dairy in foods then my skin will give me some hassle and concealer works wonders, I use rimmel london wake me up concealer and matched it to my skin tone

Best of luck, it's worth it in the long run but food in particular dairy has a huge carry over to your skin complexion regardless of if studies haven't 100% linked it together as there's hormones in the milk that react badly with some people like me.
>>
>>35284067
Holy shit
>>
Man the fuck up bitch boy at least you dont got full body psoriasis
>>
>>35284550
same here man. I'm a bit lazy with my choices but I no longer drink milk (scandinavian milkrace etc.)
I do keep taking whey and I've had some small cystic pimples on my neck lately.

And to OP, it will get better man. Accutane was one of the biggest things for my confidence desu.
>>
Go lactose free. Had extreme acne outbreaks on cheeks and back, so massive on back that I never wore any lighter than t shirt despite being way more comfy in a tank top. After I went lactose free I get no new acne and the old one is fading fast
>>
I was on accutane and I imagine my face being occupied by nazis. Using accutane I'd send american troops to my face that fought each other to the death to free my face of nazi tyranny.

Right now you're in the battle field but prepared that in a few months your country will be freed and marshall aid will be inbound.

ROCK FLAG AND EAGLE BABY
>>
>>35284607
>not sending soviet troops
not going to make it
>>
>>35284600
switch to soya protein, tastes relatively the same, I usually just add soya milk and a bit of water with a sachet of quakers oats and it makes a nice chocolate flapjack flavoured shake.

I'm also tempted to remove sugary shit from my diet but it already limits me a lot with my intolerance to dairy that I struggle getting calories in completely clean.
>>
>>35284638
That's like using clearasil. gets rid of the pimples but leaves you with a disgusting damaged red area.
>>
>>35283928
nobody cares, man

Having acne is no reason to be ashamed or scared, and even if someone comments on it, why would that affect you? Give them the short version of what happened to you, and move away from that person.

This can also be a good time to measure who is your friend.

Having acne in the first place is not your fault if you wash your face regularly.
>>
>>35284067
what
how is that alarming?
>>
>>35283928
Noone cares, you are going to the gym for yourself, not for anyone else. Everybody has something weird about them. Theyre people too. Dont mind the chicks, you werent planning on interacting with them anyway.
Hope you find your peace in this
>>
>>35283928
Geeze Louise, change your pillow case every now and again.
>>
>>35285675
>>35286246
I'm way past those remedies. I was even under treatment from some hollistic alternative medicine lady and she let it get worse and worse.

So to anybody with acne looking to fix it with alternative medicine. DON'T FUCKING DO IT IT DOES NOT WORK. ASK A DERMATOLOGIST WHAT TO DO.
>>
>>35283928
Most of us have been there brah.

Believe me when I tell you that the things you notice about yourself aren't as noticeable to others.

Benzoyl peroxide cream helped me a ton as well.

If you want a quick fix you can always go to the store and buy concealer and put it on. No one will notice really and it'll make your skin look clear.

I probably would use it sparingly because I'm sure it'll make
Your acne worse.
>>
>>35283928
One of my best friends looked like that, always went to the gym with him. He didn't give a fuck and always had lots of self confidence.
>>
>>35283993
underrated post
>>
>>35283993
11/10
>>
>>35283928
I started going very late or early. To basically get comfortable with weights and doing the exercises etc. This is where I'd recommend you to start, else you'll just feel weird and out of context.
>>
>>35283928
>using steroid cream
>natty
pick one
>>
>>35283928
I'm so self conscious I don't think I'd be able to handle that. I would just work out at home but going out probably wouldn't be as bad as you think.
>>
>>35283993
Flawless solution
>>
try hemp skin cream
best if you can make it yourself from raw plants - get the leaves, clean them by boiling all the non cannabis shit out (cannabinoids don't dissolve in water), then get some cream in which you can boil it (vaseline works)
no weak creams sold by pharma, cures tons of skin problems
friend of my had eczema - no doctor could help it and they tested lots of shit on him
tried hemp, cured in 2 weeks
(no, you won't get high using hemp cream)
>>
Op desu one of the guys i know has the shittiest acne i have seen, yet he is still confident, and got qt 8/10gf. I got clear skin and i am a virgin faggot. Its hard to be confident when you are insecure but fake it till you make it.
>>
>>35283928
>10mg accutane
Why so little? It's gonna take over a year to clear up at that rate.
>>
Just fucking go dude.

I had some bad acne a while ago but I still showed up at the gym every fucking day no matter if my face was fucking bleeding from zits I'd still hit that shit hard.

I eventually gained respect since I showed up every single day without fail.
>>
No one gives a fuck about some teen with bad acne. Go move heavy stuff around.
>>
find a 24 hour gym
go at 2 am while the people you don't know who shouldn't matter at all to you are sleeping
realize you're worried for no reason
just go to the gym at a normal time
don't go chasing waterfalls
>>
>>35288162
Doc said people's max dosage is half their bodyweight in kg. So my max would be around 35mg. I'm gonna assume they're building up to that.
>>
>steroid creme
Not natty, back to containment thread
>>
>>35288162
>>35288261
The only reason people get high doses is because in America they have to pay for it themselves. Low doses work just as well.
>>
>>35288248
I always heard it as body weight. It was when I was doing it at least. 40mg for the first two months, then 60mg for the rest as I was around 60kg then.
>>
>>35288289
Well they probably gained more knowledge about it during that time. I got recommended half my bodyweight and up until now I've had no side effects whatsoever except for dry lips.
>>
>>35288298
Well it was like a year ago. But whatever, it works either way, just takes more time and probably doesn't make you as scared of side effects.
>>
>>35283928
Been there buddy.
Mine wasn't as bad as pic related but sort of close.
Accutane is going to change your life because its a magic drug.

If you can't face going then don't go. As long as your resolve to go stays the same you will go once your Acne goes away.
>>
>he's never heard of the acne.org regimen
It does wonders guys, the whole regimen is based around reducing irritation to your face and then using a basic cleanser, benzoyl peroxide, and then a moisturizer. Take a couple of weeks but I went from bad acne to very clear face and my scars are still slowly fading. You can barely tell that 8 months ago I had disgusting acne. I can't stress enough for anyone with acne to try it, it works wonders
>>
>>35288404
you're a horrible person. I hope you feel better
>>
you better not be consuming any dairy products at all. That shit will fuck your skin up.

should watch this guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBgOhMdmCSE
>>
>>35283928
>>
>not ripping your skin off to go full red skull mode
>>
>>35283928
know how you fell I had normal pimples and shit since the start of puberty but around 17 it got bad as fuck so I went to a dermatologist and got put on isotretinoin (accutane). My acne stayed so fuckin bad for the first 3 months on it (like pic op posted) which really fucked up my confidence but then it began to clear up. I finished the course about 18 months ago and my skin is still really good maybe 1/2 pimples a week, no huge red ones or anything and trust me your confidence will come back assuming you weren't a complete beta beforehand.
gl breh you'll make it
>>
>>35288404
I will murder you and your entire family
>>
>>35283928
You're either
-Drinking/Eating too much diary
-Have very poor blood circulation
-Have too much toxins in your body due to too much waste in your body
-Have a very dirty lifestyle
-Using too much skin care product
-Using the wrong skin care product for your skin type
I'd suggest going to your doctor and have him check you.
>>
>>35283975
>>35284118

reddit get the fuck out
>>
wash your face with warm salt water. dissolved sea salt not iodized table salt

to allow it to clean better, take a hand towel, wet it under the tap, microwave for maybe 15 seconds to get it warmer but not hot and let it rest on the face for a minute or so. same as the barbers do when prepping for a wet shave

it'll open the pores and allow the salt to clean better. won't leave it dry as fuck like an alcohol based astringent will

and get on that accutane too
>>
lol at 10mg if i had acne that bad id be on 100mg id rather have a pickled little black liver that a face like that
>>
>>35289072
>Implying more =/= better

Only if you want more side effects.
>>
stay home OP, you're only 19 y-o
I started lifting at 26
>>
>>35283928
Nobody actually gives a shit about your looks in the gym. You will get some stares but it is not a big deal
>>
shouldve just stopped using soap on ur face
>>
>>35283996

This.
Gym equipment is disgusting man, especially barbells and dumbells. It's usually fine, but if you have open wounds or touch them, you can easily get an infection.
>>
>>35288661

He spoiled SW, didn't he? I swear to god, I don't get why people get joy out of that. Yeah you ruined something for me I was looking forward to and gained literally nothing out of it.
Just fucking why. What's the point?
>>
>>35290086
I've done this to people on tv shows like game of thrones because I read the books and I find the franchise to be incredibly retarded.
>>
>>35284116
Emerge as a beautiful gains butterfly
>>
>>35283928
when u shower change ur towel every time u use it... worked miracles for me and all i had to do was switch a piece of cloth
>>
>>35290096

So exactly what I figured; people so bitter, they need to ruin stuff for others. I also prefer the books, but you're still a giant faggot.
>>
Are you sick"
>>
>>35290133
seriously put a towel on your pillow before you go to bed too, change it daily.
>>
>>35283993
It's that time of year, after all
>>
>>35283928
Do calisthenics and eat clean until the initial breakout is over
>>
>>35284005
>Also, careful with that Accutane. I know a guy who took it, and it closed up the pores in his face completely, and now he can't sweat from his head at all. That's really bad.

Yeah well I took it and experienced no adverse affects so I guess our useless anecdotes cancel each other out.
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 460x265) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 460x265
Ever have mrsa?
>>
>>35283993
There's literally nothing wrong with this plan at all.
>>
File: 2268679.jpg (27 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
2268679.jpg
27 KB, 450x450
before going to bed put moisturizer on your face, pic related is best thing I ever found. it's a white cream but goes on smooth/invisible.

also vaseline on your lips really helps. But 10mg is a very light dose. I would do 20mg/day for a few months, then drop down to 10mg/day for a few months.

Wash it off in the morning when you shower.

accutane will clear you up, just be patient, maybe a month or two..depends how bad it is.

Also helps if you remove foods you are sensitive too, I still never eat dairy/milk/gluten/peanuts just to be safe. Those foods fuck up my skin.
>>
File: 1450404019454.png (253 KB, 681x388) Image search: [Google]
1450404019454.png
253 KB, 681x388
>tfw always wanted to have perfect skin
>constantly have small amounts of acne on my face
>constantly pick at it (I have no scarring though)

What I do is just take some kind of acne product with those little balls in it that you're supposed to massage onto your face and just apply it directly onto the acne spot and leave it there for hours. It clears up pretty quickly this way in my experience, although it does make your skin quite dry.

What I've done lately is:

>started taking multivitamin (A, D, B12, B6, E, C) and Zinc vitamin
>vitamin C facial cream/serum
>drink lots of water
>new tool called Derma Roller that rebuilds collagen under skin

Also stay away from milk
>>
>>35283928
other than what was already mentioned (continue accutane, steroid creams, change pillow cover/sleep on a towel) something i'd recommend is using an oil free face wash instead of soap. good luck op
>>
Don't know if it's a bad or good but I rarely have zits on my face, mostly on my body and limbs instead
>>
>>35283928
Sorry about the breakout, anon. Medfag here.

It's going to suck for another month or two before it gets better. You might want to consider a benzoyl peroxide or salicyclic acid wash. These are comedolytic, so it should help to clear up the pores. Don't stop the Accutane. It's working.

I would actually recommend Cerave products over Cetaphil. They tend to be gentler than Cetaphil. I would NOT recommend smearing the Cetaphil moisturizing cream on your face. It's too thick of a product for that part of your body.

Pic related. It's a light enough facial moisturizer that won't be comedogenic. It'll also have ceramides that help to keep moisture in for your drying up skin. I think Cetaphil has started putting ceramide into their lotion, but like I mentioned, Cerave is lighter and feels better.
>>
>>35293323
I use Cetaphil lotion and face cleanser. Thnx for the input. Cetaphil is pretty cheap but I'll definitely give the other stuff a look
>>
>>35283928
You will be okay bro, you have just to spend some money in good doc and recipes
>>
>>35293323
>salicyclic acid
2nded; my anecdotal evidence > this medfag's science.
>>
>>35283928
>Every day I wake up, my pillow has a few extra bloodstains on it
>extra bloodstains
not much sympathy for unhygienic pizza faces bro.
Looked like your pic till 18, too. just disappeared at the age of 20. Now I got super dry skin that I have to cream 3 times a day instead.
Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.