[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it necessary to compensate for being short?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 10
File: 1427967758987.jpg (75 KB, 610x611) Image search: [Google]
1427967758987.jpg
75 KB, 610x611
serious question

I'm 5'5" 20m, broadish shoulders but overall quite well proportioned body, just scaled down.
There's a little under 4% chance that a given guy is shorter than me. Dad & mom had good genetics other than stature.

Honestly before browsing these horrible 4chan boards and visiting the terrible parts of the internet I didn't even take my height into consideration. It wasn't something that occupied my mental space.

How much of an issue is height, really? What are short men at an uncontrollable disadvantage in, and how can I/we/they compensate for it?

> inb4 manlet
> inb4 b8
>>
https://youtu.be/MRj5vlZQ5lU

This is a real catchy song, don't you agree OP?
>>
It's all about attitude brah.

Just kidding, it's objectively the most important thing ever. Even more than oxygen.
>>
>>35282458
>I'm 5'5"
Manlet detected
>>
>>35282458
It's a factor, there's no denying. But this doesn't necessary mean you're fucked with women, I know of many short guys going out with qt3.14s.

One important thing is knowing how to joke about your height, nothing more unattractive than a short person who is self conscious about his height. Have preplanned lines for shit tests.
>>
>>35282458
Height is an issue. Maybe start talking to girls what they think about short guys. But better not if you are a manlet, else youd be on suicide watch
>>
>>35282475
>Maybe start talking to girls what they think about short guys.
Great advice! :D :D
>>
>>35282458
man, idk, i'd say it plays a big factor in straight picking up chicks

we have this guy at the gym who's like 5'4 and in really good shape, but you can tell you how fucking buttmad he is all the time because of his height;

so he's overcompensating by throwing gym equipment around and being overly unfriendly to other people
>>
>>35282496
Agreed, what you should do is to be nice to other people. Even though 5'5 is very short, people will appreciate you, and you could even find a girl that doesnt care about your height. You cannot do anything about it so just live your life man.
Don't overcompensate, it's just silly, just act like everything's normal
>>
>>35282458
https://www.instagram.com/miketuchscherer/
>>
>>35282473
>>35282496

Joking too much about height makes you look insecure too.

I think just about the only impediment being short gives a guy is the inability to swing 9s which have their pick of the litter in the meat market, so to speak. For example, you won't see the girl with 300k followers on her Instagram dating a short guy, no matter how accomplished he is, simply because she doesn't have to.
>>
>>35282520
what this guy said

the key to social acceptance and success is being a genuinely nice person

you dont have to take shit from anybody or be a pushover, that's not what i mean by that
you have to do away with cynicism, sarcasm or self-irony; those are all things that you think might make you "look cool" or like you dont care about anything, but in reality just make you look like a dick

i recommend reading "how to win friends and influence people", it's a tad date, but there are so many truths in that book

and just reading about all these manly men that have accomplished such great things like henry ford or andrew carnegie will make you wanna become a more honest, nicer and fun to be around
>>
>>35282458
Honestly, nobody is universally attractive. Just look for short girls or girls close to your height. But don't just assume they won't like you before finding out for yourself because you never know. Not gonna lie, being short will limit you but it won't rule you out completely.
>>
>>35282458
Perfect example of how well balanced confident individuals become self-conscious and miserable because of this board
>>
>>35282620

> just look for short girls

yikes man
>>
>>35282628
What's wrong with that? Tall and short is relative. A 5' girl to him wouldn't feel as short to him as it would to me or you assuming you're above 5'10.
>>
biggest disadvantage is women

other than that everything is fairly minor.
>>
>>35282458
Im 5ft6 and have always been social and had no problem with girls shorter or even slightly taller than me.

Its all in the mind, though my face may help but who knows.
>>
If your qt with a good personality you'll be fine. Most the guys in my family are short and none of them are single.
>>
File: 1402172501237.gif (105 KB, 777x533) Image search: [Google]
1402172501237.gif
105 KB, 777x533
>>35282458
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sX6I2NrguAs
>>
>>35282458
5'5 and 20 meters? Bro.
>>
File: 1444718967730.jpg (36 KB, 607x608) Image search: [Google]
1444718967730.jpg
36 KB, 607x608
>>35282458
>>
File: 1448029917453.jpg (59 KB, 395x401) Image search: [Google]
1448029917453.jpg
59 KB, 395x401
>>35283878
her fucking face gets me everytime
>>
File: 1447960637876.jpg (122 KB, 580x624) Image search: [Google]
1447960637876.jpg
122 KB, 580x624
>>35282625
This board and 4chan in general has taught me a few important things over the years, yet it has also influenced my internal dialogue, to the point where i have to actively refrain from myself from using 4chan lexicon irl, and the way i think.
Not to mention the countless hours I spend on here.
>tfw you've tried to abstain from coming on 4chan a few times in the past but you never succeed
>>
>>35282458
Same boat as you brah. Exactly the same height. 23 years old. Never really noticed that I was short.

Completely SRS. I used to see short guys, either the same height as me or an inch taller and feel superior to them because they were small. I'd think they looked stupid. I honestly didn't realize I was the same height or even smaller in many cases. I was just so used to looking up slightly that I didn't notice.

Then when the manlet meme became cool I suddenly realized what I didn't know for so many years.... I'm the smallest man I know. So I started wearing boots instead of trainers and pretended it was a new style (actually look quite stylish now so its all good) and it gives me an extra inch or so.

I think about it most days now. It feels really bad. Especially since it was never a problem when I didn't notice it.

I actually was very successful with girls. Granted I would only go for younger girls who were also short. But who doesn't want young ass anyway.
>>
>>35283878
where is this from?
>>
File: shortpepe.jpg (11 KB, 228x221) Image search: [Google]
shortpepe.jpg
11 KB, 228x221
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbG05ePWRQE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22gtSCJd9jA

>It's all in your head, just be social
>lol no one actually cares about height

Rather than lying to yourself it's better to recognize that life will be harder in almost every aspect.
>>
>tfw 5'9
>tfw not short enough to be seriously handicapped in life, but still short enough to blame all my failures and shortcomings on it

I'm not a boy, but not yet a man. This is the greatest feel.
>>
>>35283878
>>35283885
>>35284084
kys
>>
>>35284161
Nah you're just making excuses.
5'9"/175cm is the bare minimum for acceptance in society.
>>
>>35284582

tom cruise and RDJ are both shorter than that you dumb faggot.

they are famous and you are here posting on a frog forum.
>>
I'm like 5'7", I'm obviously pretty much a shutin with some kind of personality disorder like any good neet on this site but I've done some player shit and probably more than anything I'm genuinely known for fighting. I've literally been in like 20 since last October, losing 3 (2 because of a broken hand, 1 because I was afraid to get jumped)

I feel stupid bragging about that on 4chan

>>35282496
I kissed 2 girls last time I went to da club
A few months ago after a festival I groped this girl in public and got her number without saying anything to her (passed her my phone)
She proceeded to pay for beer and buy food while I fucked her in her car on a weekly. I'm pretty sure I slapped her in a diner booth while she was treating (I don't know why, but I'd always slap her just hard enough for it to be insulting)
>>
File: WgKiSHF.gif (1 MB, 245x200) Image search: [Google]
WgKiSHF.gif
1 MB, 245x200
>>35284924
5'7 here, have literally never had a problem in real life with women. I see the shit like "lol if you're under 6'0 then NO" online and obviously /fit/s constant chatter.

Then I step outside, well dressed with actual social skills and have never heard a word about my height from women. I used to be a total player before my current girlfriend.

>mfw reading all these manlet opinions and stories that must be total bullshit
>>
>>35282464
Naw this one is way more catchy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NvgLkuEtkA
>>
6'2" here
Honest question am I doing a public service dating a 4' 12" womanlet by preventing here from producing manlets
>>
>>35284838
Sure, but I wouldn't trade places with them. They're like 5'7" lmao
>>
>>35282458
god bless Sam
>>
1994 called, they want their meme song back:
>>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5obLmJ4O9E

>yfw you listen to the original version of the song
>i used to listen to it as a kid, ended up as a 5'7" manlet
>>
File: 1440901731105.jpg (6 KB, 231x205) Image search: [Google]
1440901731105.jpg
6 KB, 231x205
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aA2saK7ZIlc
>>
File: charles.jpg (45 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
charles.jpg
45 KB, 400x225
daily reminder that charles is short & more successful than any tall boy

you are the ultimate man charles
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.