[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Balding advice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 10
File: jason_the_mason.jpg (830 KB, 2103x3000) Image search: [Google]
jason_the_mason.jpg
830 KB, 2103x3000
Sup /fit/.
I recently went to a dermatologist due to my hair falling out like crazy for the past 2 or 3 months. He recommended 1 capsule of minoxidil a day, and my problems would be over. However, I've seen some stuff on the interwebs saying it can fuck your heart up. What is your experience with this drug and did you have any problem?
>>
just shave it senpai
>>
i bet all thes doctors make a shit load of money off dudes who come to them for their baldness. There aint shit you can do. Those pills might save you like 10 hairs if anything. It's your genetics dude

shave and grow beard
>>
>>35280198
If you're above like 28 just shave. The only people that will really care about you having hair are 20yr old clubbing sluts.

Shave and try to go for like a tough,rugged look like your pic or fucking bane or something.
>>
>>35280198

do you take creatine btw? if so, you should stop
>>
>>35280213
>>35280201
I'm not bald yet, just too much hair falling and can notice some less thick spots on the top of my head.

The doctor is supposed to be one of the best in the country, but a second opinion is a second opinion.
>>
>>35280230
I'm 24.

>>35280237
I don't take creatine.
>>
>>35280247

what the fuck is the "best doc in the country" gonna tell you any differently than another doctor? theyre gonna give you some pills that will attempt to stop you from losing hairs. Might work, might not. I've heard bad stories from those pills, ive heard some good ones. Its up to you. They dont regrow hair though they just attempt to stop you from losing anymore
>>
>minoxidil
>not dutasteride asap

hahaha he's trolling you

say goodbye to your hair faggot
>>
>>35280198

I'm thirty one, been thinning since twenty five. Just clipper it short and lift more.
>>
File: IMmmP8A.gif (121 KB, 910x1354) Image search: [Google]
IMmmP8A.gif
121 KB, 910x1354
>>35280230
30 year old bald dude. If you're fit enough the clubbing sluts don't care. Pic related.
>>
>>35280271
Well, that's what I need right now.

I'm just looking for people who are on minoxidil to see their experience and measure the good vs the bad.
It's not like i'm here to get a prescription from you.
I went to the doctor already, just looking for another opinion.
>>
>>35280198
I am in my 30s now. I started balding when I was 19-20. My gym buddy would always make comments about how my "bald spot" was always getting bigger and bigger when he would spot me. That shit pissed me off to no end.

I tried rocking the buzzed look and I had no luck with women. Probably because I know I looked stupid and thus had no confidence.

You are gonna hear a lot of guys say to just shave it. The problems with this are numerous. First, not everyone has a face that suits a bald or buzzed head. For example, I have a baby face, plus I work out, so I would look like this bald, buff, baby faced guy. Second, shaving your head is a huge hit to the confidence. As bad as you might think your hair looks now, you will feel like it is worse once it is shaved. Kind of like a fat feminist you has accepted that she will always be fat and is now all loud and proud about "body acceptance". Third, even at my age women prefer men with hair so so so much more then a guy who is balding/shaved head. I hardly ever see guys my age or younger with attractive women who are bald. Every once in a while I see it, and it always blows my mind. Like when you see a 10/10 girl with a 3/10 guy.

I have been on finasteride/minoxidil for the past 8 months and have made some really good gains, but not enough to be anywhere close to having a full head of hair. I am stuck in this weird limbo of should I shave it off or keep going with the drugs and hope for some improvement.

TL:DR Unless you look like Jason Statham shaving or buzzing your head is not always the answer.
>>
>>35280342

I did minoxidil fin twenty five to thirty, then stopped. Been off it for several months, noticed no difference.
>>
>>35280237
What does creatine do to you to where you would have to stop ? Also you know those ensure nutritional shakes for like old people and shit what do you think of those for low carb cutting meal replacements for a week ? 350 cals literally meal replacements ?
>>
File: image.jpg (93 KB, 679x437) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
93 KB, 679x437
Everybody brings up Statham in these threads but nobody brings up the guy who is successful, has had an interesting life and is hilarious as fuck. You think Karl gives a shit he's bald?

I can't be doin' with it.
>>
>>35280198
Lucky you I found this thread. As I've told people before throughout the years, I'll tell you:

Finesteride or even Dutasteride x1 daily
Minoxidil x1-2 daily
Nizoral x2-3 weekly
Biotin 10,000mg daily
Vit D3 (at least 5000 UI) x1-2 daily
Multi-vitamin x1 daily

Do not stress yourself out too much - get your required sleep. Drink 2-3 Liters of water daily. Massage your scalp for a few minutes with your fingertips everyday (while you study/read/shitpost). If you want, you can throw in fish oil supplements.

I've tried so many things for my hair, from unusual methods, strange serums, going shiny-head bald, various natural extracts, medicines.... Most things fail. What I listed is what work. Only other possibilities are to not care for your hair, shave it, or get a transplant or Bosely. I've regrown and retained a good deal of my own hair, but it isn't thick. Wait a few years for that hair breakthrough (I read about it in 2013, should be anytime now), until then just maintain what you have.
>>
>>35281619

Because nobody wants to look like the bald, manc twat that is Karl Pilkington
>>
>>35280198
Stop doing 100 pushups, situps, and squats a day. Ease back on the running, and use the Goddamnit AC.

Before it's too late.>>35280198
>>
If its Alopecia areata then don't worry about it. Just let it run its cycle and hair will cover bald patches eventually (year at the latest)

In the mean time try to care for you hair like >>35281673 said
>>
>>35281911
Suppose he does look a lot better desu, not Karl, but more aesthetic.

My argument BTFO.
>>
>>35280247
>second opinion
>second opinion on a korean woodworking forum as opposed to the opinion of one of the best doctors
>>
File: 1449241347316.jpg (284 KB, 1196x1771) Image search: [Google]
1449241347316.jpg
284 KB, 1196x1771
Embrace it. The sooner you do, the better.
>>
>>35280198
>shit hairline since 15
>hasn't gotten worse for 15 years

I'll take it.
>>
I find most guys who say to just "shave it and own it" are the guys with full heads of hair and have no idea what it is like to actually be bald/balding.

Women are also the fucking worst when it comes to this. A lot of them will say stuff like how they prefer a man with hair but are not opposed to bald/balding person. Bitch please. That's like me saying to a fat chick that while you seem really nice, you are just not my type.
>>
File: 1423773538793.gif (1 MB, 202x202) Image search: [Google]
1423773538793.gif
1 MB, 202x202
>>35280260
I'm 24 too and started balding, while my 28 years brother have a full mane.
I just buzz cut it and try to find some way to regrow it, so I can make a bank if I stumble up on a cure, but other than that, I did kinda accepted it.

Also I can't grow a beard for shit either so that's out the window too.
>>
>>35285205
I hear ya man. I am 5'7", baby faced, and balding. Working out is like the only thing I have some control over.
>>
>>35280198

i give you a hint

minoxidil got patented

they dont want you to gain your hair back. They jsut want you to pay more and more.

Watch the poor fags who made video reviews of it around 2012,2013 and look at their recent videos. All of them are bald as fuck.

Just shave it off and embrace it.
>>
>>35285258

>>35285119

just to add .. im actually balding for like 2-3 years now. Spot Baldness so it looks ugly as fuck all over my head.

I stopped giving a fuck now i think.
>>
>>35285289

dont give this loser attention

best thing is to ignore him
>>
>>35280313
this
>>
File: 20141211_181354.jpg (101 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
20141211_181354.jpg
101 KB, 640x480
Got bald and depressed af, then shaved and lost weight and I do better than before. Thing is that you dont have to like yourself, you have to like to gurls and they dont care at all, its just another hairstyle nowadays.
>>
>>35285496

your hairs fine bro .. its all about that confidence
>>
File: hairline.jpg (398 KB, 1843x632) Image search: [Google]
hairline.jpg
398 KB, 1843x632
I post this in these threads cause if you want to go for the maintaining and regrowing route it's a good option.

I've been using generic minox, biotin, nizoral shampoo twice weekly and pumpkin seed oil on my scalp a few times a week before bed.

Pumpkin seed oil blocks DHT without having to take something that messes your hormones, however im sure it might not work as well as finasteride, but that's up to you.

I have thinning on my crown as well, but it's not horrible, when the time comes Im just going to buzz it, if my hairline just recedes but my crown stays Ill probably wear it like that cause a receding hairline with hair on top still looks alright and fairly masculine.

Buzzing was ridiculously cathartic though, most important thing is to not let it get to you, for awhile I was super worried about it, but I lost a bunch at once because of creatine for a few months. Stopped taking that, might use it again but I haven't decided. Either way, find something that makes you happy, worrying about it makes you stressed and less focused.

It's not the end of the world, half of guys have it happen, Im 25 so not much older than you.
>>
File: 20150618_090009.jpg (191 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
20150618_090009.jpg
191 KB, 640x480
>>35285522
Yep, its about confidence, and I had a bald spot really ugly so the only choice was buzzing for me.

Also beanies n shit, hats are your hair now.
>>
File: image.jpg (111 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
111 KB, 640x480
>23 years old

JUST
>>
>>35285604
Try to be sparing with beanies.

You don't wanna be the bald guy who wears hats all the time.
>>
>>35285625
>who is Bradley Martyn
I only wear beanies too because I hate how my head looks.
>>
>>35285625
Bah, just occasionally wear it out like "let my shiny head to light up this" and you are set.
>>
>>35285654
Yes family but my point is your head is part of who you are, it's inescapable. It really is better for the world to judge you for who you actually are.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.