[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone please advise me on using the classical kung fu horse
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: horse stance.jpg (102 KB, 391x297) Image search: [Google]
horse stance.jpg
102 KB, 391x297
Can someone please advise me on using the classical kung fu horse stance for extended periods of time to strengthen your legs? Also would it be considered isometrics?
>>
>>35279999
i would consider it useless
>>
>>35279999
Fucking how with those quints.
>>
>>35279999
what sort of advice do you want on it?
>>
>>35280052
Will it damage me in any way?
>>
>>35280061
My wife took Karate for years and now majorly struggles with proper heavy squat form because she has the horse stance ingrained in her movement patterns.
>>
>>35280015
Those are quads, retard.
>>
>>35280061
no it is better for knees than sqats and builds control and increases balance helps posture when done correctly. is very good. to find the stance put your feet together, the move them out by sliding your toes arart then you heals twice and squat down, try to keep your back straight and hold for longer than you think possible, don't forget to strech otherwise cramps are garenteed when you start
>>
>>35280084
they're quints if you squints
>>
>>35280084
check these dubs
>>
>>35279999
Yes, it would probably be considered isometrics as you're holding a single position with tension. However you're likely not contracting with maximal force, so they're less effective than other forms of isometric hold or other static positions.

However, the issue with all isometrics is that generally, they only strength the range of motion and associated tissues within 15 or so degrees on either side of that position at the joint. In other words, you'll be great at holding horse stance, and not that great at much else. It's not dynamic strength through a range of motion: it's specific strength in one range of motion.

Also, unless you continue to weight the position and then hold for consistent time, you'll start training endurance rather than strength. If I progressed from 15sec holds to 15sec holds with an extra 30kg, that would increase strength in that position. If I just get to say 90sec hold time, I'd gain some strength, but I would mainly be training endurance.

Thus I would not recommend using these unless you train specifically for a sport or art that demands it. You're wasting time that could be better invested into other exercises entirely.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.