[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to Lift for MMA
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: thumb.aspx.jpg (40 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
thumb.aspx.jpg
40 KB, 400x400
I recently returned to training MMA 3 days a week Mon/Wed/Fri.

What kind of basic compound routine could I do just to build just strength 2 days a week? I know that inevitably, size gains will come as a side effect of strength gains, but I want to focus as much as possible on pure strength.
>>
>>35279934
Explosive lifts for grapple and throws and general power.

Any pulling motion to move your opponent where you want them HELPS (technique is king though)

Bench just because I've seen dudes who can bench ~300 basically throw dudes off of them on the ground.
>>
MEWVMENT
>>
>>35279934
Explosive movements and compound exercises m are what you need. Wouldn't focus on getting jacked as you have to make different weight classes. Ultimately focus mostly on your skill work or else you're gonna fuck up and get smacked down like Aldo's bitch ass did.
>>
Dey dunt mewv lyk aye mewv
>>
>>35280443
Dey dunt tink how i tink
>>
>>35279934
Do you think that guys like Yoel Romero, Cheick Kongo, Vitor Belfort, Jose aldo, ect.. don't train regularly to keep their impressive physiques?
Infact i'm willing to bet some of them run bodybuilding splits
just train in the morning, eat alot, and then do your MMA training at night whn you're recovered you god damn pussy.
Arnold would lift after being in the military all day.
>>
>>35280063
not movement though, know the difference
>>
Daily reminder that were it not for the elaborate fantasy world of rules and weight classes constructed by the UFC, Coonan McGroober would be just another uppity manlet dead on the floor of some pub
>>
>>35280045
>Bench just because I've seen dudes who can bench ~300 basically throw dudes off of them on the ground.

low rep/high weight bench followed by lots of sets of pushups to failure
>>
File: 1415940025945.png (260 KB, 497x458) Image search: [Google]
1415940025945.png
260 KB, 497x458
>>35281692
hue hue hue
>>
I would say just about just about any sport can benefit from cleans, builds explosive raw power.
Other than that i would say obvs the big 3, although you should front squat more often, in addition i would say that your core, with an emphasis on your obliques, the oblique s resist rotation of the torso which will make you very tough.
To sum it up i would say your top 4 exercises should be #1 Clean (jerk if you want), 2# Front squat, #3 Weighted Dips or barbell bench #4 farmers carry, do them with one arm heavy, 2 arms/heavy light, just do this goat exercise of manliness.
>>
>>35280459
A'm mystyk mak, I predikt deez tingz
>>
>>35280504
Belfort has been drinking orange juice since he was 17 and Yoel is a genetic freak who is also juicing.
>>
>>35280045
>>35282401

This is along the line of what I was thinking a few basic explosive compound lifts. What I'd like to know is how to best organize them into those two days.
>>
>>35280504
Lmao and all of those fighters are on good amounts of Test and HGH they can train like maniacs and recover. GSP didn't lift weights for carry-over into fighting and look at him. But I can tell you've never lifted weights intensely for a couple hours and then trained MMA/conditioning work after, topkekels.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.