[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anybody still do IF here or was it a meme diet that passed?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4
File: IF-268x300.jpg (18 KB, 268x300) Image search: [Google]
IF-268x300.jpg
18 KB, 268x300
Does anybody still do IF here or was it a meme diet that passed?
>>
>>35278108
It kinda works for me. I fast for 24 hours three times a week. Rest of the days I eat 1400kcal.
>>
I did IF before I started browsing /fit/. Big mistake on my part. I got kind of a addicted to it along with keto and was pretty much not eating.

Admittedly I lost a lot of weight but I gained 25+ once I started eating like a normal person again. I don't hate IF but there's more effective ways of losing weight
>>
>>35278133
you eat 1,400,000 calories 4 days a week?
>>
IF makes cutting a lot easier for me. I'm not saying IF has effects itself, just that the schedule it puts you on is good for me. Just hold out until noon, eat a lot, still be fine in the evening, repeat. If I'm constantly eating something, I can't do it.
>>
I liked it for a while then I read some research that was counter to it. First, people that don't eat breakfast have more chance of heart problems (yes, controlling for other factors). Second, the fasting period is associated with a massive increase in free radicals. Don't really see the point of it if it's going to put pressure on my heart and cause cell damage. Especially when the alternative is simply to eat a small breakfast and be done with the fucking thing like it's not a big deal.
>>
>>35278177
Not the guy you responded to, but... generally, calorie is an abbreviation for kilocalorie.
> calorie - energy required to raise the temperature of one gram of water one degree celsius at one atmosphere
> kilocalorie - energy required to raise the temperature of one kilogram of water one degree celsius at one atmosphere
Pretty much every time you've heard calories mentioned, they meant kilocalories.

So yes, he does.
>>
I'd enjoyed my first few experiences with it, but being a diabetic I couldn't sustain my blood sugars doing it. Insulin and HGH counteract each other. High blood sugars occur without long-lasting insulin.

Synthetic insulin also lasts 4x longer, meaning without fasting for 3 days, diabetics can't reap much of the benefits from it. Complicated shit but I don't feel like explaining.

Fasting made me cry at beauty desu.
>>
>>35278329
To be honest** Fucking desu

Do it though faggots. It'll be worth it.
>>
I still do it and plan on continuing to do it, even during my bulk coming up. I see it more as a tool for controlling how I eat than what I eat. It's also shrunken my gut and makes eating higher volumes harder.
>>
>>35278108
it is THE FUCKING BEST.
ok.
ok.
i don't even know how to word this.
no fucking stalls in your cuts.
because you don't need to refeed to fight metabolic adaptation, because you re-feed every fucking day, and reset your metabolism.

no plateaus in weight loss, because every day is like the first day of your cut.

elevated grehlin levels prevent you from over-eating, so you basically eat whatever the fuck you want until you feel full, assuming you get enough protein (.82g/lb is rly easy to get, imo..), and still lose hella weight.

i average .2lb/day or 2% bodyfat (estimated, but i am relatively certain it is accurate, my bf% testing may not be precise, but it is consistent, which is all that matters for measuring discrepancies) a month.

cuts go by in 3-4 month (Depending on how hard i bulked, and my goals), and no stress at all.

for some reason it is easy for me to not feel hungry for 8 waking hours, and that makes all the difference.

drink some fruit juice/eat a tiny piece of fruit if i feel strong hunger pangs to replenish liver glycogen, but even then i limit it to ~70kcal

drink some black coffee about 4-6 hours into the fast to ward off hunger to make it to the 8 hour mark..
i haven't really struggled with a fast.
feels easy to do, and it makes losing weight fool-proof, imo.
i can't speak highly enough of it, but then i end up sounding like a kinobody shill (you can really get all his info for free though, if you watch enough jewtube videos, or ask anon, or go to 7chan - no need to pay that greedy jew his $48... he is rich anyways)
>>
>>35278155
Example?
>>
>>35278353
desu senpai is pretty memey, tbhfam

>>35279441
>doing IF on a bulk
i would say "wryyy?" but i guess greg o'gallagher does, and he is pretty fucking sexy.
i hope you make a thraed on how it goes... and i also hope i am there to witness it.

recovering fatty here, from obese type II to jason blaha-tier "abs", so it will be a while before i even consider bulkan
>>
>>35281303
Agreed, thread your progress man
>>
>>35281307
i want to not have a disgusting body when i make a progress thread.
>>
Isn't this basically just eating one big meal a day?

Because I've been doing this shit for almost 10 years.
>>
Ex-fatty here, been doing IF for about a month now. Haven't seen a huge change in weight loss, I think I'm just stalling though because I've lost so much fat in the past. Sticking to a disciplined 8 hour window is nice though, anytime after 9pm I force myself not to eat until 1 pm the next day

Dunno about feeling better in general though, I just feel hungry for about two hours between 10pm and midnight before I level out.

Chew gum and drink water, all I can recommend
>>
It's hard senpai. But worth it. I try to do it atleast three times a week

You cant do ANY cardio while doing it. It depletes you so hard, and I like to play basketball a lot so it counteracts

Oh and I do 19/5 usually. Best feeling in the world is when your workout is over, you go to town on a pizza or something.
>>
>>35278200
Fasting reduces the damage caused by free radicals and also reduces the production of free radicals in the body. Also you can do shorter intervals. For instance one intermittent fasting set up is that you eat only with in a 4 to 6 hour time frame then fast the remainder of the day. This way you can eat breakfast daily.
>>
>>35281325
are you sure you aren't doing too much cardio/eating too big a deficit?

sounds stupid dumb, but try eating more calories.

not a lot more, just maybe 250 more a day. not enough to fuck up progress, but just see where that takes you.

sometimes people go overboard with it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOHdUNdg7x4

dem cortisol levels are a bitch, mang.
water retention and shit.
i gained 3lb in one day, damn near had a heart attack.

that video saved my shit.
not only because the weight kept going down, but eating more made the diet EASY easy...
>>
>>35278329
Fasting is not good if you are diabetic! Specifically if you have diabetes melitus, because during fasting your liver will convert triglycerides into ketone bodies, which in the case if diabetics can result in ketoacidosis and if untreated leaded to some serious shit.
>>
>>35281332
>eat breakfast
that is stupid
the first meal you eat is breaking fast.
if you sleep for 12 hours you just fasted longer.
does that mean you are eating lunch instead of breakfast?
no, just breakfast is later.

the first meal you break your fast with is the most important.

your body doesn't give a shit if you eat at goddamn 8 am

it prefers to be fasting for the first few hours of the day anyways (i mean when you think about it broscientifically, humans generally evolved to forage food before they had foodstuffs to eat)
>>
>>35281321
Yeah but you still need all the nutrients brah.
>>
>>35281361
Well thats what the other guy said, i was just saying that as a solution to his concern that he doesnt get to eat break fast.
Personally, i consistently wake up and eat break fast before going to college and thats my daily food intake with an occasional fruit. So it does end up being a stereotypical breakfast time breakfast for me. Other wise youre right that timing is irrelevant with the exceotionof eating directly before sleeping.
>>
>>35281346
I probably should. I re-did scooby's calculator for the first time since I lost all my weight and I didn't believe the TDEE it gave me, if it was correct... I'm eating at like a 1000cal deficit

I'm just lost at this point. I used to be huge and I could competitively eat, I have virtually no filter on feeling full so I'm always hungry anyway
>>
>>35281384
to be clear, i was agreeing with you, just in a very ranty fashion.
i just think the concept of adjusting a fasting window to get in "muh breakfast" is silly.

but yea re-reading that it looked like i was trying to start an argument.
>>
>>35281366
i usually do okay

mostly just eat chicken, green vegees, and cheese, with the occasional whole wheat food

can't think of what i'm missing besides vitamin c
>>
>>35281392
No prob :)

Tho there are some situations where people need to adjust, and its nice that they can. For instance i have a friend who goes to a lot of dinner meetings for business and so he cant really not eat there. So he essentially set up his fast so that he can eat during thos hours only.
>>
>>35281391
yea, 1000kcal is too big of a deficit. try upping the calories by 250-300.

sounds stupid, but don't be scared. at worst, 3 days of doing that is reversed by one more day of not doing that.

also i think you might be surprised to find your stomach has shrunk, and your appetite is satiated much sooner (especially if you are getting lots of fiber and protein in your diet.

you could also consider eating at maintenance for a day or two, or taking your goal bodyweight, multiplying it by 10, and eating that many calories.

re-feeding at maintenance might be the best option, if you were cutting at a 1000kcal deficit
>>
>>35281400
Doesnt sound to bad but variety is good. Also maybe u need more omega 3s and other unprocessed unsaturated fats
>>
>>35281400
minerals, probably (no oats? magnesium deficient, brah)

just take a multi
>>
>>35281427
you should know, this really only applies to fatties (i.e. americans)
once you get sub 10% bodyfat, you really need to eat a lot of SFAs to maintain proper hormone function.

otherwise you won't make it hard enough for jason blaha to disbelieve your natty status (and you don't make it, until blaha thinks you are on roids)
>>
>>35278108
I've been doing it for a few weeks and I absolutely love it. Besides it making it very easy to eat at deficits (although I must confess it's hard to eat enough calories when you need them), it also keeps everything to neat and in order that you're pretty much ready for anal sex 24/7. Well, except in the morning, but after that you're golden.

Currently eating in a two-hour window.
>>
>>35281458
>Well, except in the morning
fuck you and fuck my boyfriend
>tfw deprived of morning sex
just fucking take a shit real quick and then clean up and come back to bed, goddamn

sick of this bullshit
morning is the best time for sex...
>>
>>35281416
well i only cut at 1000cal cause the calc said i should be eating 2700 even thought i only do 3 hours of running a week with some light lifting

I'm 6'4" 180lbs so 1800cals would be maintenance?
>>
It seems to be personal preference here. I like IF because it's easy for me. I can wake up and not eat anything for 8, 10, or 12 hours, then gorge myself and wait until the next day for another meal. I find that the instant I eat something is the instant I start feeling hungry, so I just put off eating until I have time for a solid 1200 calorie meal. It's convenient too, and I've noticed I lose weight just as easily if not better when I'm doing IF as opposed to just counting calories and eating throughout the day.
>>
File: goodjobbroseph.gif (2 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
goodjobbroseph.gif
2 MB, 200x200
>>35278275
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (10 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
10 KB, 480x360
>>35278177
Holy shit you Americans are so fucking retarded
>>
IF is proven to work, whether or not you can do it, is up to you.
>>
File: image.png (672 KB, 584x553) Image search: [Google]
image.png
672 KB, 584x553
>>35278177
you have autism my man
>>
I do intermittent fasting, but of course I count my calories too like a sensible person
>>
>>35278108
Thought that said
>Intermittent farting
fa-m tb*q*h
>>
>>35285939
you suck at avoiding wordfilters, tbhfam
>>
>>35278108
helped me cut 10 lbs m8, it works
>>
>>35286933
.>. i-m=p]l[y*i%n$g
o-k ? f.a.m.i.l.y
c0o0o0l d#u#b?s
>>
I do IF once weekly.
The 16-8 daily method is interesting to me, but I prefer being able to just do a single 24 hour fast.

Would probably change to two 24 hour fasts or go back to a 36 hour (did this previously, but I am trying to maintain my current weight not lose anymore) before switching over to IF of the leangains variety.
>>
>>35278155
Same, dude. I ate one big ass meal a day for 2-3 years. Have gained almost 40lbs since I stopped (between 10 and 15% bf along the way). I still use it to get cut though it works real well
>>
I started IF about 2 months ago and I'm losing around 1 lb per week. I didn't really change what I'm eating, just trying to eat a little less of it. It is nice to lose weight without being miserable all the time. Just have to be miserable the first few hours of the day.
>>
>>35281292
This.
IF is the only way I can keep my fatass from snacking. I seem to obey the hours on the clock more than anything. More motivated to spend time doing other shit so the next time I check its DINNER TIME! My next meal already tastes like heaven family.
>>
>>35278108
ive been doing it for ~2 years now. if you have an office job its basically perfect. i dont need food energy for sitting around all day. eat at around 2, lift around 4 ezpz
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.