[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How have you been preparing for the new year's wave of DYELs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 9
File: Kalindra chan (2).jpg (209 KB, 742x1200) Image search: [Google]
Kalindra chan (2).jpg
209 KB, 742x1200
How have you been preparing for the new year's wave of DYELs that is coming to /fit/?

Here are some common quotes used by DYELs, so that I can help you identify and avoid them.

>Your routine has too much volume
>Do SL 5x5 instead
>I'm doing SL
>I'm having good results
>SS is a meme, if you want aesthetics do a brosplit
>Go back to /lgbt/
>/fit/ isn't really gay
>kill yourself degenerate
>hamstrings cannot extend the knees
>you can't target your "inner pecs"
>power cleans are useless for muscle growth
>SL is the exact same thing as SS but it has rows instead of power cleans
>If you do routine X you will get fat
>If you do routine Y you will lose weight
>I've been on /fit/ ever since the scooby times
>I've been on /fit/ since tinytrip
>/fit/ is actually /pol/

Remember, the anon giving you advice is probably a new lifter who doesn't know shit.
If you need advice, use google or listen to the well-known tripfags instead.

Enjoy the shitshow that /fit/ is gonna be for the next weeks!
>>
>>35277844
Sweet, a guidebook for elitists on a Malaysian stamp collecting website.

What a time to be alive.
>>
>>35277844
>you can't target your "inner pecs"
Yeah its the same workout that targets your lower chest senpai
>>
>>35277844
>>35277844
>Go back to /lgbt/
>kill yourself degenerate

If you are going to try and slip things like this in, at least don't use an easily identifiable picture with filename. Back to lgbt with you, tranny.
>>
>>35277877

Don't get me wrong bro, I love new people who come to /fit/ to learn and be a part of the community. Everyone was new at some point.

The problem is, a lot of the people who's gonna come in are retards. They are gonna argue stupid shit, offend other people, give terrible advice, pretend like they know everything and have been here for years.

The same wave of shitposters come in time and time again in the summer and in the new year's.

If you are a legit new lifter, be careful with the advice you get. Do your research. Most of the anons here giving "advice" haven't been lifting for 4 months.

>>35277954

>implying I'm a tranny

Welcome to /fit/, keep the shitposting to a minimum.
>>
File: 1384493098899.jpg (9 KB, 252x252) Image search: [Google]
1384493098899.jpg
9 KB, 252x252
>>35277844
>hoped she was a trap
>mfw i wasn't disappointed
>>
>Started Doing SL 5x5 last week.
>This thread.
>My squat has actually some how gotten worse.
>Eating at a deficit to lose fat.
>Can't lift for shit.

Just kill me senpai.
>>
>>35277989
>trap
>she
>>
>>35278032

There's hope breh

Change your routine to a good one like SS, Greyskull, Reg Park's. Candito's LP is also good but you need a few months of experience before that one. Watch videos to learn proper form. Read the SS book if you have time.

Also, SS has a variant for people on a caloric deficit. http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ:The_Program
>>
>>35277844
she has a penor
>>
>>35277844
But some of these are true like what the fuck
>>
>>35278081
Thanks dude.

It's actually working is the funny part. I'm getting stronger comparatively and am losing weight, probably mostly water at this point. But damn am I weak.
>>
File: 1441047464013.jpg (114 KB, 478x345) Image search: [Google]
1441047464013.jpg
114 KB, 478x345
>>35277844

I like it. More people to help, and usually more threads about lifting (in absolute numbers, not relatively kek)

Filtering through the shitposting is easy.
>>
File: 1380807155065.jpg (142 KB, 796x606) Image search: [Google]
1380807155065.jpg
142 KB, 796x606
>>35277844
>new year fag shows up to the gym
>always tries to match what i'm wearing
>always doing the same workouts as me
>follows me around the gym
>the fuck, this dude must love me?
>has the same hair cut as me
>mumbles shit as he stares at me
>this fag must actually be gay
>tfw I have a home gym
>tfw giant mirror in my home gym
>>
Are you trying to imply 5x5 isn't the master race?

I guess I should believe you over every fitness article.
>>
OP, you take /fit/ for something its not. Its pretty easy to figure out fitness, most people figure it out after a few months what works for them and what doesnt work along with nutrition. So then you have an entire board of people that actually knows what works best for themself and got nothing to discuss, what do you think happens?
Shitposting, feels, mirin etc etc threads
>>
>>35278594

5x5 is great, in the correct routine.
SL is a shit routine. Only reason it's famous is because they are a marketing group and paid a bunch of people to shill their shitty mobile app.
>>
>>35277844
Man what is even up with Kalindra-chan's titties? Her nipples are enormous and they look like plastic or something in photos where they're showing but there's no seam.
>>
I forgot about it already.

Fuck I'm going to look like dyel too because I don't go to the gym enough. Guess it's back to the early morning/late night gym sessinos
>>
File: newyearsresolutions.jpg (348 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
newyearsresolutions.jpg
348 KB, 800x1200
>>35277844

Arm yourselves
>>
>>35280065

I do believe those are breast forms. Some expensive ones, for sure. But there's no way those nipples are real.
>>
>>35280075

We need a daily thread of bad advice until near years day just to stock up on stuff like this. I'd recommend someone make an infograph recommending home workouts as more effective. Maybe broscience like working out on non word days being more effective because your body is less tired from sitting all day.
>>
File: 02_SHOT_048.jpg (252 KB, 448x570) Image search: [Google]
02_SHOT_048.jpg
252 KB, 448x570
>>35280148
>your mind gets stressed from working
>this makes working out inefficient because you will just be putting extra stress on your body and not growing

Everyone knows you need rest days senpai so only work out on the weekend!
>>
>>35280209

Work out at night to confuse the muscles. By getting less sleep, you'll put greater stress on them and give them greater reason to grow.
>>
>>35277844
>>power cleans are useless for muscle growth
They pretty much are, rows are objectively superior as long as you have deadlifts in your workout
>>
>>35280148
>>35280209
>>35280219
>crab mentality
>>
>>35277964
If that's the case, I'm thankful for having had lifting and dietary experience in the past. I come here to stay pumped and in a good mindset about my current goals. I'm fairly new to /fit/, but came here from mostly /k/.
>>
>>35280016
Name a better routine for a newbie that does a better job at building base level strength while also building muscle
>>
>>35281022
Greyskull, Reg Park's, and, of course, SS.
>b-but /fit/ said SS was bad
kek, stay weak fgt
>>
>>35277844
>hamstrings cannot extend the knees

hey bro DYELS are more knowledgeable than you
>>
File: hamstrings knee extension.png (136 KB, 750x733) Image search: [Google]
hamstrings knee extension.png
136 KB, 750x733
>>35281142

This has been discussed a lot, actually.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfOQWwEB3rI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGHd33S9oTo
>>
File: 1440649327507.jpg (13 KB, 224x216) Image search: [Google]
1440649327507.jpg
13 KB, 224x216
>>35281022

SS
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.