[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Trainer here with two nationally accredited certifications. Ask
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 7
File: images.jpg (10 KB, 281x180) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10 KB, 281x180
The amount of ignorance, broscience, and misinformation on this board disturbs me. I'll be answering questions for about an hour or until this thread 404s. Non fitness related questions will be ignored.
>>
What's the best routine for a beginner going for aesthetics?
>>
Is it good to jelq
>>
What truly defines self-awareness and sapience?
>>
what disturbs you more about what have you read here?
>>
Are machines bad for you?
>>
>>35277405

IS it true you have to " eat big to get big "
>>
>>35277405
Is reproduction the only point of life?
>>
File: Luke-Rockhold.jpg (229 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Luke-Rockhold.jpg
229 KB, 640x360
>>35277405
I was going to start a new thread but lets try It here first. I am coming from /heem/ and I was wondering if it is possible to achieve mma mode in a gym ? I am 1.80m and slightly chubby. I want this crisp look and a good cardiovascular strength. I hope you are legit lad.
>>
File: AC5FRSP.png (175 KB, 302x297) Image search: [Google]
AC5FRSP.png
175 KB, 302x297
>>35277405
What's this guy's name again?
>>
>>35277405
when i squat, i notice my right trap hitches upward and my left knee rolls/buckles in at the bottom of the squat. My foot everts out and supinates throughout the squat and my left knee rolls outwards when just holding the bar standing before i even squat down. This is even without plates added on the bar.

what can i do to correct this
>>
>>35277405
whats the best exercise for forearms for someone who has no equpments/gym subscription
>>
During squatting, sometimes one of my kneecaps feels like someone's trying to remove it with a crowbar. I'm fat and starting off, but I've been pretty careful with my form.

Is there a solution or should I just avoid squats?
>>
>>35277405
OP you are a legit faggot. If you want to troll at least do it properly, a thread had to die for your sins.
>>
Would doing heavy squats and deadlifts actually increase your waist size due to strengthening your core and thus ruin a v-taper? If so, would wearing a belt decrease this effect by taking some of the pressure off of your core to stabilise?
>>
>>35277478
Dick Penis
>>
>>35277478
Marky "muchmoney" mark crippletits blahanana pianalsex
>>
>>35277477
Not him, but that's mainly low body fat? Mma is alot of cardio so that paired with a good diet with adequate protein = that
>>
>>35277405
Is the squat overrated? Also what's the best routine for beginners
>>
You're a fucking faggot m8
>>
in b4 ignorance, broscience, and misinformation.

2 nationally accredited certs means about 2 months of actual training/education right?
>>
File: rowing_machine.jpg (25 KB, 320x230) Image search: [Google]
rowing_machine.jpg
25 KB, 320x230
>>35277523
Thanks for the answer, when I start working out should I keep my rep count high say, 15 per set? And for the cardio would you recommend pic related?
>>
>>35277500
we can sacrifice /fraud/
>>
File: ZnXDK0t.jpg (88 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
ZnXDK0t.jpg
88 KB, 640x1136
>>35277405
what is the most common underdeveloped muscle (group) / area for people who seem to be pretty advanced lifters?

Just curious
>>
Hi there, I just posted this in a thread but your help would greatly appreciate.

I'm looking for some pec training variations. My gym is really small so we don't have all the options but there gotta be some other options. We're pretty much only doing bench press and positive bench press for dem pecs.
Any help would be appreciate. Especially something targetting the upper part of the pectoralis would be great.
>>
Answer my question you cunt
>>
>>35277405
Fasting and HIIT, opinions?
>>
As a beginner going for aesthetics I wouldn't overthink programming at your stage yet. I would get on a basic bro split hitting all muscle groups 2x a week for maximum growth. Example: Legs/Shoulders, Back/Bi's, Chest tri's, doing a small amount of abs at the end of every work out. Being lean is aesthetic so if your super skinny, lean bulk, or if your fat eat at -500 deficit and recomp. Doing cardio can help you stay lean however make sure you are counting that in when you are calculating macros.

Machines are not bad for you. They won't hurt you. They are an excellent way of targeting individual muscle groups and "isolating" them. This is why you will often see body builders using them to get a get contraction with a muscle. However they should not replace free weights in any way.

It IS true you have to eat big to get big. You need a caloric surplus to gain weight, period. You will not magically get bigger without a caloric surplus, it's literally biologically impossible. That's not to say you can't build muscle on a deficit, because you can, I've seen in clients and myself, but you won't get "big" without eating big.

It is possible to look like an MMA fighter in the gym. After all, MMA fighters lift too. I have a client who trains strength with me for jujitsu competitions. If you are chubby and looking to lean down like a fighter who cuts weight for competition, then diet will be your biggest concern. Combining cardio for stamina and a proper diet will yield results. Fighters train for muscular strength and endurance, example squats and battle ropes. Eat at a deficit, cutting both your fats and carbs and you will slim down. Best advice is if you want to look like a bodybuilder, train like one, if you want to look like a power lifter, train like one, if you want to look like an MMA fighter, find a training/diet routine they use, and mimic it.

Wow dude, that sounds fucked. I would see physical therapist about that. Sounds like a lot going on.
>>
>>35277569

As much as I hate to be one of the ones to say it, you should read the sticky as the main thing is gonna be your diet, its better you get a well rounded idea of everything so that you stick to it and don't go wrong, I'd probably say to do strong lifts to start and you'll just have to keep looking in the mirror and judging how you look and adapting your work outs from there, anywhere you think is lacking and go from there
>>
>>35277502
>If so, would wearing a belt decrease this effect by taking some of the pressure off of your core to stabilise?
This is not how it works. Your abs are working harder in a belt squat. Core muscles will grow, but the only way to ruin v taper is to be fat or bad genetics.
>>35277524
Candito
>>35277616
Calves, forearms, rear delts to some degree
>>
Sorry guys, i'm a newfag so i just figured out tagging. Also it's getting tough to keep up already with so many questions.

>>35277491 Throw a towel over a tree branch and do pulls up. Do farmers walks with anything heavy. Anything that works grip generally works forearms.

>>35277497 I can't act as a doctor, but if your fat you may be putting too much pressure on your knees if your muscle groups there are weak. I would avoid squats until you lose weight, address muscle weaknesses/imbalances and work on form.

>>35277502 Core size is mostly genetic if your lean. Training heavy squats and deads will not ruin your v taper.

>>35277524 The squat is never over rated. Best routine for a beginner depends on your goals.

>>35277616 Most commonly undeveloped muscle is the rear delt.

>>35277631 Google svend presses, do more incline barbell/dumbbell.
>>
if i go 3/4 times per week

is better to use each day for legs/arms/chest

or do the whole body muscles every day?
>>
I answered some of you guys questions above but forgot, (didn't know how) to tag your posts in them so if you asked a question please scroll back up to see the answer. I apologize for newfagging.

>>35277779
It depends on how advanced you are. If you could only go three times a week I would do a full body routine. I know several lifters who use them to great success.
>>
>>35277817
Thanks
>>
>>35277817
Oi fuqboi, hows fasting and HIIT for fat loss
>>
>>35277772
Thanks for the help man!
>>
>>35277856 Personally I'm a big fan of both methods for fat loss, as far as fasting goes I have practiced cutting with Intermittent Fasting, doing fasted cardio, and the results for me were awesome. At the end of the day as long as your in deficit you will lose weight, regardless of the method using to arrive there.
>>
How much werkly cardio do you suggest if I wish to achieve ottermode? Stationary bike or swimming?
>>
File: 1450177632527s.jpg (3 KB, 99x125) Image search: [Google]
1450177632527s.jpg
3 KB, 99x125
>>35277892
Cheers brah
>>
>>35277897 I say this a lot but 90% of it will always be diet, regardless of goals. I would swim, most otter modes I see are swimmers and from the small amount of resistance water gives they have a small amount of muscular definition. Obviously you will need to be lean so you have to eat lean. And obviously if it's not in your genetics to be shaped like one, you won't be.
>>
Most of the time when I'm doing my work out I start to feel quesy/dizzy/light headed and then my energy plummets, what could this be and how could I avoid this? I eat enough before hand and I try to stay fairly hydrated
>>
How do you rate using yohimbine and fat burning substances like that for lower ab fat?
>>
>>35277939
What is your work out? Do you have medical conditions or on meds? What do you eat before? Do you do cardio? I had an issue where I would get nauseous when I first started working out. Turns out I just needed better oxygen efficiency.
>>
>>35277950
I was under the impression that yohimbine was for boners. Anyways, fat burning supplements are bullshit. Everyone wants an easy way to cut weight so supplement companies prey on that.

Best supplements to burn fat is supplements that help you avoid being hungry. Google ECA stack, it is god during cuts.
>>
>>35277892
How do you feel about keto? I've experimented with it twice and have found that it worked wonders on me but I'd always have to break before getting down to my preferred bf%. Would keto in conjunction with HIIT or fasting improve results even more?
>>
>>35277977
Know anything like that in Australia, or a supplement that is like it?
>>
>>35277772

These are all good answers imo
>>
>>35277477
most mma fighters train in the gym.

they just focus more on endurance and explosivity than strength and hypertrophy.

this means swapping out heavy squats for cleans and power cleans.
swapping out pressing movements for kettlebell swings and battle ropes.

lots of cardio.

i still recommend keeping presses, even though most fighters don't really do them.
but serratus press and ohp will directly translate to punching power (not as much as lower body strength, but this is a given)
bench is still worth doing, just do plyometrics as well to be able to express increases in strength explosively.

things like explosive 1-arm push ups once you have more strength make for good upper-body plyometrics
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcGcPRHmtYc

if you only care about the body, not the functionality, then just do lots of cardio and go on a cut.
you are still going to want to do some regular lifting to maintain muscle mass.

it isn't like you will explode with mass into a muscle monster the second you start working out.
>>
File: giphy.gif (3 MB, 343x400) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
3 MB, 343x400
>>35278011
that being said

>>35277405
a lot of these ideas I learned on /fit/ 8 years+ ago, people spout bad info everywhere you have to look at a bigger sample size
>>
Hey PT
I got my varicocele fixed and now I am not sure if I can lift heavy things without getting any back.
What is your opinion on varicoceles
>>
>>35277569
Read the sticky and if you want to do a higher rep thing there's stuff like 20 rep squat program you can look up later. Higher rep means lower intensity. Lower intensity means higher fuckarounditis usually. So get on a serious program.

Most 20 rep programs are very pared back btw, but the original had behind the neck presses and a few other exercises that are problematic for a number of people. So just be aware as you should be in general.
>>
I am going to be home resting for 5 weeks.

is it a good idea to train 2 times a day (morning strength and evening bodybuilding) 6 times a week.

Again I am going to be sleeping and eating the rest of the time, is this a good idea and why.
>>
>>35277956
I do a routine called PHAT it's mainly my power days when this happens, I thought i might just be exerting myself too much and just need to adapt as I took some time off after an Injury and this has only happened in the most recent months , only thing I am on is ssri's, i normally have a bowl of oats / bran flakes and maybe a coffee if i go in the morning, if I go in the afternoon then I normally eat a meal which has moderate carbs + protein and a little fat. it could be a matter of breathing better / more.

Also thanks for the help man
>>
>>35277997 I personally have only dabbled in keto so I can't really speak from experience, nor address how viable it is. If it worked for you, that's awesome, I think even though we are biologically identical, some diets/exercises just seem to work better for different people. I think HIIT is awesome and I've never used it, nor had a client use it with conjunction to keto. This may be your experiment my friend.

>>35278005 Oh yeah...I think E is illegal over there huh? If so caffeine pills alone aids me in cuts BIG time.
>>
pt here. you must be new. why do you have 2 certs? have you even sold trainings? the fact that you have a cert literally doesn't mean shit 90 percent of the time. the fact that you lead with that tells me you don't have a degree and are just plain bad. and why are you so hung up if /fit/s retarded bullshit. yea it's stupid. just shit post. how much time have you actually spend with clients?
>>
>>35278037 I can not address your enlarged veins in your scrotum. Ask your doctor.

>>35278054 Dude absolutely. This could be a time of great gains. If you are resting and eating properly there is no such thing as over training.

>>35278066 No problem dude, sounds like your getting adequate nutrition before hand, it could very well be breathing issue. I constantly have to say to my clients, "breath, breath", while going through a routine. Since you are on meds too I would make sure side effects aren't your problem as well. Some meds like that have side effects if you are working out. This is something I have to be aware of too when I have clients on meds.
>>
>>35278129
>>35278129
are you canadian, dude?
>>
>>35277997
I have done both. The fat shredded off, but after a while I caved. I would fast in the morning as well and water was the most delicious thing ever, but I couldn't continue it after the 3rd week.
>>
I run on a treadmill for 40-45 minutes then do weights targeting an area, e.g. chest, back, legs etc.

Am I doing too much cardio to make any real gains? I'm aiming for fat loss more than anything.
>>
Is it true that the hypertrophy response to 5x5 is the same as 3x8 or 4x6 or 2x12 or 12x2?

You hear on this board a lot that you dont need to do 3x8 or w/e if you are doing 5x5. is this true?
>>
>>35277405
>Nationally accredited certifications

You mean you ordered some study materials off the internet and took a multiple choice test?
>>
Is eating carbs really as bad as people say?
>>
>>35277405
Implying im impressed. If you have a CSCS, ok, if not ,get the fuck outa here.
What's your opinion on joint centration, IE packing your neck under load.
>>
What's the best way to increase my ankle flexibility for squatting? I feel like I can't send my knees out far enough to actually sink into a good squat
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.