[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why are people on /fit/ so sad?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 8
like literally why
90% of the people that post here are hot af and most of them are pretty smart or funny too

why are you sad
>>
File: 1450261680797.jpg (8 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1450261680797.jpg
8 KB, 225x225
>>35276387
>90% of the people that post here are hot af
>>
>>35276418
wel, their bodies at least and that's enough for most people
>>
Well mainly because I fucked up during my teen years so I don't have any friends or a social life
>>
>>35276387

>4chan

>hot

fit and soc are filled with delusional ugly people

who are you kidding? if you were hot you wouldnt even be here.
>>
I'm at uni and I have no friends or a social circle.
>>
Tfw 90% of people with the same hobby as you are fucked up personalities, making the hobby look bad
>>
>>35276430
90% of /fit/ lookslike shit
fat DYELs

we hide behind the bodies of the other 10%
>>
>>35276387
Because this is where we gather.
>>
Reason I'm here is cos I'm very much not.
>>
>>35276387
Want to know a secret?

>Most people aren't really that happy

Most people keep up appearances, but they aren't truly happy with their life and decisions. 4chan is just an outlet for anyone to express their true feelings anonymously. Finding true happiness is one of the greatest challenges in life, so don't be surprised when you don't find happiness on an narcissistic, fitness centered image board.
>>
Because it was her birthday today and everywhere I look she is.. said happy birthday but no reply. That's why
>>
File: 1433474554915.png (54 KB, 800x1033) Image search: [Google]
1433474554915.png
54 KB, 800x1033
>>35276387

Because i'm still hollow inside op, and lifting just happened to be the hobby i took to make life more beareble, but i still need 3 more months of cut, so thre is also that
>>
>>35276387

>lifting improves your mood
>why are people on /fit/ so sad?

because they don't work out.
>>
>>35276387
Because we all hate ourselves for some reason, and our body is generally the one thing in life which we can control. Sometimes not even that though.
>>
>>35276441
what's done is done
you can still make friends, how old are you?

>>35276461
for any specific reason? i actually prefer being alone since everything else is draining to me

>>35276524
why?

>>35276575
it's just hard for me to understand if you have so many things how you can't be happy. not blaming anyone, just interesting

>>35276597
forget her

>>35276610
what makes you feel hollow?

>>35276649
mh, most of the people i see posting here are handsome and pretty cool so I don't see why they cold hate themselves
>>
>>35276387

Because I can't let go of all the experiences and opportunities I missed when I was busy sitting at home playing video games being morbidly obese.

Now that I've lost the weight all I can seem to do is regret not doing it when the world was still in front of me. Not to mention the lasting physical damage to skin and posture. Or the fact that the overwhelming majority of my social experiences occurred in an online fantasy world.

Can't afford a shrink. Can't afford to go back to school. No ambition to excel in current job.

Some days I wish I'd stayed fat and died before 30.
>>
File: tumblr_ltxy6fV2qk1ql3vvyo1_500.jpg (35 KB, 500x364) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ltxy6fV2qk1ql3vvyo1_500.jpg
35 KB, 500x364
At some point of being smart it's really hard to keep yourself happy.

At some point you know that most of things in life (like lifting, looks, memories, love, friendships etc) are temporary and don't matter after all.

It makes one kinda depressed, because why should one live, if nothing matters?

Smart people generally like to have some objectives in live, but it's really hard to keep being motivated when one is continuously thinking about that nothing is really important.

As people are smarter, they are complicating and overthinking things more. That's why many really inteligent people are working on shit jobs - because those are jobs, where there are not big risks, so they can't overthink those risks.

Same is with social live of smart people - they fuck up many times, because they overthink those situations. "What if he gets me wrong?" "What if she laughs me off?" They are looking for problems, that really aren't real.

But those are just examples. I guess you understand what I Tired to say about smart people and their sadness.
>>
I used to be fat and got treated like shit

now im fit and hate everyone equally

bitterness is an excellent motivator
>>
>>35276708
yea, I was one one the "smart people" once, but I decided to stop worrying about things I can't change, so now I live for the happy moments and I'm happier than i've ever been
so overused but carpe diem and don't think too much
>>
I think I look alright, and I've had girls call me hot before and I do have a fuck buddy for the first time.

When it comes to my body I think I look better than most normies, possibly better than most of /fit/. But on the people who actually are confident enough to post their bodies, they blow me out of the water.
I do feel like I suffer from body dysmorphia but I'm realistic yet hopeful and confident enough to know my goals and what it takes to reach them.

When it comes down to it I'm not sad, I have a pretty good job for someone that doesn't need it, finishing up school with plans for the future
>>
>>35276695

I simply realized at some point i felt nothing at all, like my life was not mine and I was simply watching my life unfold as if it was a movie. When i lift these go away and i feel genuinely happy for my progress, so far it's the only thing that i truly care about
>>
File: Snapchat-1193666108227658247.jpg (833 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-1193666108227658247.jpg
833 KB, 1440x2560
I'm pretty sad most of the time desu
>>
Yeah, i hate my life, i can barely sleep, i have anxiety and mild depression, i can't walk on bridges or on the road towards traffic since i get this urge to just throw myself in the way. Lifting is the only thing that can keep my mind busy for an hour a day, plus it gives me some structure, and im about to lose my GF of 3 years, shes the only good thing in my life, but she's moving to go to uni, and im already in school and can't move until 2 years when im done with my bachelors.
>>
>>35276875
well you look like shit so no wonder
>>
>>35276387
I'm not sad, just morbidly cynical. But I do laugh a lot.
>>
This board finds a way of making people feel bad about themselves, no matter what they are or how they look. It's mental poison, really.

It used to be only girls did this shit, but guys have become catty.
>>
i'm ugly and i don't know anyone who's interested in the same thing as me
>>
>>35276387
I've never seen anyone funny on /fit/
>>
>>35276459
>delusional ugly people

Most people that are actually pretty are at least a 6/10 but feel like a 3/10. The self esteem and confidence here is comparable to r9k.
>>
>>35276943
Are actually pretty fit**. Forgot that key word.
>>
>>35276708
>It makes one kinda depressed, because why should one live, if nothing matters?

Why does it have to matter? Like honestly, not too sound to fedora tippy, but I got over that when I was 11. So the moment doesn't have a point, big whoop, you can still enjoy it for as long as it lasts and even if in the grand scheme of things it doesn't mean anything and doesn't change anything, at least you enjoyed that moment, and that makes it matter for you
>>
honestly I started to go to /fit/ like 2-3years ago when I was a fat piece of shit. After a few weeks I fit in perfectly here I didnt really have that much knowledge but I could understand all the feels threads and I liked the fat hate threads because they reminded me of what I didnt want to become. Now the more time passed and the better I looked the less I felt a part of this community anymore. Nowadays I dont come here as often because it makes me depressed when I normally am pretty happy with my life.
>>
>>35276708
2edgy4me tumblrfag
>>
>>35276986
You can enjoy it, of course. I would even say, that it is what is really good thing to do, but still it's not what smart people do. Smart people are not smart in those things.
>>
>>35276708
"Smart person" here, can agree
feelsbadman
>>
>>35276387
I'm sad...
Became im 15% BF and look gross
Because multiple family member are dieing from cancer
Because my gf broke up with me
Became i failed my tertiary education exams
Because I currently have no goals or desires to fulfil my life
>>
>>35277034
Smart people sound like anxious fags
>>
>>35276387
>tfw 6'1 good looking built from wealthy backround
I'm happy doe
>>
>>35276875

I'd be sad as well if I wore a meme watch to the gym
>>
I have nothing to do on weekends but hit the gym and when I go to social places, all I see are happy couples that make me jealous

so I train more, and the process repeats itself. at least im getting in amazing shape though.
>>
>>35276708
>"What if he gets me wrong?" "What if she laughs me off?"

Yeah, what then? Then nothing, cause it doesn't matter, right?
People who think of problems but no answers to the problem posed aren't very smart imo
>>
>>35276890
he doesn't look like shit. he's just not full out ripped. his arms look good.
>>
>>35276842
>simply watching my life unfold as if it was a movie
Defensive mechanism, letting go of responsibility for your actions.
>>
>>35277054
Yup. I'm glad I'm not as smart as some people that I know, so I can enjoy life.

>>35277086
Those questions are implying answers. "What if she laughs me off?" "My life will be ruined, more people will laugh at me and generally whole chain reaction will end up in fucking me up" or something like that. The thing is there are answers, but things they think off mostly won't happen.
>>
>>35277122
/fit/ attempting psychology always saddens and amuses me
>>
>>35276387
90% of us are males. Doesn't matter how hot or fit a guy is, dating for men is fucking rough and gets depressing sometimes.

Then for some reason the women on here sometimes pretend it's possible for them to have problems too
>>
>>35277156
>Then for some reason the women on here sometimes pretend it's possible for them to have problems too

The only problem the girls here complain about is being ugly which is basically the only problem a girl can have so why so bitter
>>
>>35276500
How else am i going to let everyone know i curled a 60lb EZ bar unless i drop it from waist height.
>>
i love you all
i just want everyone in this thread to know that you will be happy and you will have a great day
i love you
>>
>>35276708
Friend that is an existential crisis. It happens to everyone irrespective of their intelligence.
Think of a brick wall, if you take out one brick the wall seems to hold up but it isn't as sturdy. You may think what you do doesn't matter but it does.
>>
>>35277233
>you will be happy and you will have a great day

My birthday is in a few hours and what I'm doing today is taking care of my alcoholic mother who's crying randomly and being paranoid that our neighbors are talking about her and that there are cameras in her room and that she's scared of being alone
Been doing this for 20 years now
There are no great days
>>
>why are you so sad
>ctrl+f "fish oil"
>fish oil not found
>ctrl+f "vitamin d"
>ctrl+f vitamin d not found

welp
>>
>>35277267
you make me wish i could be there to hug you
you're extremly kind for doing that, but don't forget to take care of yourself, you deserve a happy life too
sending you love
>>
>>35276387
Because the ones that are happy are already gone
>>
>>35276708
Smart or not your point in life is to reproduce just like every other organism (reproductive competition is why humans are so smart)
>>
>>35276697
Wow... that hits way too close to home(except the fat part- was autist af).

Bro it's hard as fuck but you gotta try every day and stop internal self talk. Don't let your brain talk shit to yourself and don't give up.
>>
Because when my life is going well I'm too busy to post on 4chan, same reason most people on the internet are unhappy, if you have an active life and lots of friends you won't have time to spend all day online. My life was really good for a few years and I barely used a computer at all, now my shit is fucked up again and I'm back to 4chan everyday
>>
low self esteem mostly.

im trying to fix this in myself and it's fuckin weird. you basically have to change an entire way of thinking, something thats somehow just become your norm over the years.

also, i have no friends. work from home. dont have a social life. forgot what that was even like. tfwnogf. loss of interest in activities.

but im medicated, i do thought journaling, and basically try everything once if i think it will help.

i dunno. shits weird.
>>
File: witness.jpg (46 KB, 460x446) Image search: [Google]
witness.jpg
46 KB, 460x446
>>35276708
m8 your so close to the answer. you even wrote it down. nothing matters. "what if he gets me wrong" dont matter. " what if she laughs me off?" 1 billion females, disregard and move on. why live? because nothing matters babe, why the fuck wouldn't you?

if your gonna get rekt over nothing matters you gotta apply that idea without prejudice.

if that shit dont matter then life is whatever the fuck you wanna make it.no obligatory bullshit just whatever gets your rocks off. if you can only get a woody form some eternal destiny then you need you stop watching anime.

also your rational for them not mattering is they are temporary, but seeing death is your end. they could last as long as you can possibly conceive reality. for the rest of (your)time.

you don't get to put things " into the grand scheme of the universe" because you wont exist long enough to have that scheme affect you.

sounds to me like nothing matters right up until it comes to you being a but-hurt fag.
>>
quads and i'll be happy for the rest of my life
>>
>>35277770

still counts, bud.

congrats.
>>
>>35277054
You probably meant it as an insult but you have no idea how true that is. Overthinking will make your life an anxious hell, and it's not like you can force your mind to stop...
>>
File: 1448413250357.jpg (114 KB, 480x608) Image search: [Google]
1448413250357.jpg
114 KB, 480x608
>>35276708
WILL YOU FIGHT
OR WILL YOU PERISH LIKE A DOG
>>
>>35277770

im jelly
>>
>>35277841
I know it's true
That's why I said it
I speak no lies
>>
Jesus fuck who made this image?
>>
>>35277859
>>35277929
>>
File: Picture Imports 229.jpg (77 KB, 307x316) Image search: [Google]
Picture Imports 229.jpg
77 KB, 307x316
I dont have many friends and the few I do are either long distance or just kinda not-that-close. My relationships with girls are terrible enough to the point I feel like I'm better of just being friends and not trying for any romantic shit, I'm just sick of the headaches and being an idiot.

Ontop of that its hard for me to talk to people through text without feeling like I'm bothering them, so I just keep to myself. In person is fine though.

Honestly feels like I'm just waiting for the right time to drop everything and move very far away. I just dont have the money yet and then family obligations
>>
>>35277948

There will never be a right time. Just a close enough one that you can duct tape that shit together and make the thing work.
>>
>>35277982
I want to at least finish my degree first, no point jumping in totally unprepared.
>>
>>35276441
you dont need friends to be happy faggot
>>
>>35276500
what means DYELs
>>
>>35276695
>it's just hard for me to understand if you have so many things how you can't be happy. not blaming anyone, just interesting

depression isn't just being sad because you don't think you have it good enough. a big part of if is feeling guilty because you do have these things yet still feel like shit
>>
why do i feel so hateful
>>
>>35276708
This. The smarter you are the more you see that in the end nothing matters. Looks, love,youth, life fade. Money is great but after you fulfill some of your dreams and have enough to live eventually it dont matter either unless you have unlimited earnings to chase the next high. If one is lucky enough to find true everlasting love then that helps.

The bottom line is one will likely never be truly happy or fulfilled. The law of eternal unfullfilment wins out in the end.
>>
>>35276387
>why are you sad
Because mankind was not meant to be happy.
That, and being dyel with no gf, doesn't help.
>>
>>35277031
Sorry, not tumblrfag. Just found out that picture I was looking for on google really long time ago.

>>35277578
Funny things that many smart people are afraid of having children, because they treat seriously raising the child

>>35277758
You are wrong if you assume that I'm one of those smart people. I'm just one of those easy going faggots that are already bored with getting laid, so they observe the world and are trying to get most fun from living. I just know smart people. You can talk to them how much you want, you won't help them. It's almost the same if you would to talk to "that shy guy" that he just needs confidence if he wants to get laid. It won't work that way. Some things must be learned hard way.
>>
>>35276387

because they focus on physical beauty and not the mechanics of proper social interaction and relationships.

> mfw when the 2 biggest players I have ever known in my life were both out of shape
>>
>>35276708

totes agree.

It's not easy to be smart, and also be a person that lives in the moment.
>>
Can someone post the REAL /fit/ from the meetups?
Once you see, OP. You will understand this board is a façade.
>>
Because
Tfw no gf, tfw no friends, tfw dropped out of college, tfw virgin, tfw dyel etc.
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.