[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How much refined sugar is too much?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: Dancer covered in honey.jpg (334 KB, 962x1640) Image search: [Google]
Dancer covered in honey.jpg
334 KB, 962x1640
Is refined sugar really that bad?

Obviously, if you eat nothing but sugary, processed foods that's bad for your health but is eating moderate amounts within a diet that's mostly healthy really that bad?

I'm talking about a spoonful of sugar in tea, some bbq sauce on chicken, some jam on toast, or a bowl ice cream after dinner. I'm not talking about guzzling liters of soda or stuffing my face full of candy non stop.

If the rest of my diet is relatively healthy and full of veggies, legumes, fruits, whole grains, meat, and all that other good stuff is a little refined sugar really that bad?
>>
>>35275644
Define "really that bad"
>>
>>35275671
Bad enough to lead to health issues in old age or negatively effect the common health markers (blood pressure, cholesterol, triglycerides, etc).
>>
If you're active it's not too bad unless you eat soda and candy all the time like a dumb ass.

In general people who are active can get away with more simple carbs than sedentary people.
>>
>>35275644

its completely fine in moderation

in excess its the worst you can eat

everything in excess is bad but sugar is the #1 on that list for sure
>>
>>35275644

It varies from person to person. I think a full sugar can of Coke a day wouldn't really hurt you.
>>
I eat like 4 teaspoon of refined sugar everyday, mostly with milk, some times tea and coffee.

I dont think its bad, if you exercise and burn energy. It even help me to add those extra cals when there's not much food.
>>
>>35275936
Alcohol...
>>
if you're not retarded it's easy to avoid going overboard. When I see faggots at 20% body fat refusing to put BBQ sauce on their plain, bland chicken breasts because >muh sugar it makes me lol. They're never going to make it.
>>
>>35275644
according to the WHO and the AHA, 35-40g free sugars is a reasonable limit for the average adult male.
>>
>>35276144
alcohol is good for gains,
it can almost double your test levels to get drunk after working out
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23470309
> At 140-300 min postexercise, TT, FT, and free androgen index were significantly higher for EtOH (TT: 22.5 ± 12.5 nmol·L; FT: 40.5 ± 7.6 pmol·L) than for placebo (TT: 13.9 ± 6.8 nmol·L; FT: 22.7 ± 10.0 pmol·L)

milo of croton supposedly drank 8 pints of wine every single day, and his gains were literally legendary
>>
>>35276498
>tfw i did that when i was a fatfuck
hey man, every little bit counts.

better to go overboard with it, than to just eat whatever and think you are still losing weight.

by the time you lose considerable amounts of fat, you know better anyways.
>>
I know some dumbasses that are afraid of fucking grapes and apples because they have fructose. And then they put honey on shit.
>>
>>35276843
kek
>>
>>35276523
Thanks
>>
>>35276843
honey is maltose is it not?
>>
>>35279207
Typical honey analysis:[61]

Fructose: 38.2%
Glucose: 31.3%
Maltose: 7.1%
Sucrose: 1.3%
Water: 17.2%
Higher sugars: 1.5%
Ash: 0.2%
Other/undetermined: 3.2%

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honey#Nutritional_and_sugar_profile
>>
>>35276566
Any more info on this? This goes against core weightlifting dogma. Drinking is suppose to kill gains, not bring them.
>>
>>35279284
In general, the alcohol kills your gains studies use weird workouts and very large amounts of alcohol. Studies on more normal exercise and moderate consumption show benefits like increased insulin sensitivity and test.
>>
>>35279335
idk man. To get the amount of alcohol they used in that study, I'd have to drink 6 glasses of wine post workout.
>>
>>35279415
Didn't read the study but did they really use that much? Doesn't that go against medical ethics?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.