[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
QTDDTOT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 33
File: 1438802406658s.jpg (9 KB, 250x156) Image search: [Google]
1438802406658s.jpg
9 KB, 250x156
sup, /fit/

>5'8
>130
>recently began lifting 6 days a week

When I first started lifting, my trainer gave me a 3 day split to do. I noticed slight gains, but I changed it to where I was working on one specific part each day because I thought it'd be more effective.

Here's my routine:
Chest:
>Chest dips - 3x8
>Chest press - 3x8
>Incline chest press - 3x8
>Machine flys - 3x8
>dumbell pullover - 3x8
>incline dumbell press - 3x8
>Bench press - 3x8

Triceps:
>bench dips - 3x12
>Tricep cable pulldown - 3x8
>Skullcrushers - 3x8
>Dumbell kickback - 3x8
>Triceps press - 3x8
>Overhead barbell extension - 3x8
>Lying dumbell tricep extension - 3x8

Biceps/forearms
>Barbell curl - 3x8
>dumbell curl - 3x8
>hammer curl - 3x8
>reverse barbell curl - 3x8
>Machine preacher curl - 3x8
>Concentration curl - 3x8
>Dumbell wrist curl - 3x8
>Reverse dumbell wrist curl - 3x8

Back/Traps
>Chin up - 3x8
>dumbell row - 3x8
>Barbell shrugs - 3x8
>Upright row - 3x8
>Machine shrugs - 3x8
>Lat pulldown - 3x8
>Plate raises - 3x8
>Dumbell shrugs - 3x8

Shoulders
>Machine shoulder press - 3x8
>alt dumbell front raise - 3x8
>lateral raise - 3x8
>Barbell front raise - 3x8
>military press - 3x8
>ahnuld press - 3x8
>alt dumbell press - 3x8

Legs
>lunges - 2x10
>barbell squat - 3x10
>leg press - 3x10
>leg extension - 3x10
>horizontal calf raises - 3x10
>leg curl - 3x10

My question is would it be better if I did Chest/Triceps, Biceps/forearms/shoulders, back/traps/legs as a 3 day split ABCABC so I can hit everything twice a week instead of just once? Would that help to build muscle faster? Or should I just create a whole different routine if I'm going back to ABCABC?
>>
Just do SS.
>>
Read the sticky, as far as beginner weighy lifting routines go that is literally the worst you could be doing.

A personal trainer gets paid when you see them, if you reach your goals as soon as possible then you don't need to see them or give them your money so why would they do that for you, just my opinion.

Not even trying to be rude, study the sticky it's better than 95% of bullshit you will hear in real life, probably will work well for you because when I was 5'8 at 145 I couldn't imagine being much skinner with my muscle mass at the time.
>>
How much and how often do I increase my calorie intake for lean bulking?
100kcal a week? 200?
>>
>>35274583
Way WAY WAAAAYYY to much volume amigo
>>
Does push/pull really work?
>>
>>35274642

+300 per day/day
>>
File: 1448870551285.jpg (10 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1448870551285.jpg
10 KB, 300x300
>>35274762
>per day/day

I'm just gonna interpret that as per week
>>
At the end of my cut soon so I'm gathering my lifting stats. My squat is a 3x5 of 110kg, my deadlift is 1x5 of 120kg and bench is 3x5 of 70kg. My grip was not a limiting factor for the deadlift. What might I be doing wrong?
>>
>>35275314
How long have you been lifting for?
>>
My gym has one of those "safety" squat bars, with the neck guides and the handles. What are the pros and cons of using this bar for squats vs. a regular Olympic bar?
>>
>>35275388
>seriously
Not long
>not seriously
Too long

Took a break at the start of this year, picked it back up in August. I've had my deadlift up to 140kg in the past but my squat is 10kg than its ever been.
>>
>>35275778

Neck guides and handles are kin t wearing lifting gloves.You don't really lose anything, but you look like a bitch
>>
What activity level do I select on your calorie counter calculations?

I work out 90ish mins 5 times a week plus 30 mins cardio on the other 2 days yet when I'm not working out I live a pretty sedentary lifestyle sitting down most the day.

I've currently got it set to "active", should I drop it down a level?
>>
Ex-Fatty (6'2, 200) here coming off a very, very long cut where few muscle/strength gains were made.
Generally speaking, if you were doing everything right, how long does it take to start seeing changes in muscle size on a slight bulk (+250cal surplus)?
>>
Do you guys think I can do the Golden Six routine as an intermediate lifter? also I would add in T-bar rows to fix routine imbalance, so it would look like this:

Barbell Squat 4x10
Wide Grip Barbell Bench Press 3x10
Chin Up 3xf
Behind The Neck Overhead Press 4x10
T-Bar Row 4x10
Barbell Curl 3x10
ab work

One day on, one day off for three months. Would I still see gains as an intermediate? (around 2 years lifting)
>>
>>35274583
>I'm a beginner skellington, should I do 56 different reps, not including warm up reps?

follow a real fucking program, you're a beginner ffs, you have NO FUCKING IDEA what you're doing so defer to people with experience you fucking retarded entitled millennial
>>
is eating a big carb/meaty meal before bedtime a bad way to bulk?
>>
I went to my doctors for a urine test and my protein levels were 3-4 times above the healthy level, is it creatine that's doing this or my protein intake. My doctor is worried about my kidneys and told me to stop protein shakes because I'm only 16.

I eat 1 gram/lb of bodyweight of protein and 5 grams of creatine a day.

Is it the creatine, my protein intake or something else?
>>
>>35276730
this happened to me. figured out it was cuz I jerked off right before my doc appointment. retested my urine and was normal next, no jerking off.

unless you actually have a preexisting kidney problem I highly doubt the creatine or protein you're consuming is causing problems.
>>
i can squat 85kg 5x5 but i can only get like 3 reps of 87.5kg how do i progress
>>
It's supposed to be one gram of protein per pound of lean body mass, not just total bodyweight, right? So you wouldn't count the fat - a 200 pound guy at 25% body fat = 150g. Am I doing that right?
>>
File: huge.3.16351 (1).jpg (37 KB, 450x368) Image search: [Google]
huge.3.16351 (1).jpg
37 KB, 450x368
Who /sexualhealth/ here? I've been fapping 2-3 times a day since puberty, and although I dont have any sort of energy/fatigue problems a day or more of abstinence makes my testicles swell and hurt like a bitch. This is normal and totally healthy, r-right?

>>35276702
No, but you dont magically gain more weight if you eat before bed. just maintain an adequate caloric surplus and you'll be fine
>>
>eat clean for several weeks
>have cheat meal: 1 cup of ice cream
>asshole exploding as i greentext

I'm not gonna make it brehs
>>
>>35277107
Go for 6 reps instead of 5.
>>
Is 1/2/3/4 considered balanced?

I would think that you'd be bottom heavy from this
>>
>>35277332
It's an arbitrary metric that's easy to measure. Don't read too much into it.

>>35277166
Yes, although more isn't necessarily bad. It just becomes a bit unrealistic for fatter individuals to use total bodyweight as a metric for protein intake.

>>35276551
It's going to be really difficult to progress in that many major compound lifts a day, especially in such a high rep and set range.

>>35276526
Assuming you're gaining ~1 kg/month, with half of that being LBM and half fat, it'll take a while.

>>35276506
Doesn't matter, since it's an estimate and you're going to have to re adjust your intake based on your results after a couple weeks anyway.

>>35274689
Depends on how it's set up. Volume, exercise selection, frequency, etc. will either make or break a split.
>>
File: Luke-Rockhold.jpg (229 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Luke-Rockhold.jpg
229 KB, 640x360
>>35274583
How to achieve /mma/ mode lads? I'm just starting out. 1.80m and slightly chubby ? Is this achievable without a fight training? Should I keep my reps high say, 15 per set??
>>
I like to push heavy shit like i used to in footbullz

How can i do this without a partner? If i could stop being autistic, id have someone steer my car while i push it up and down my block, but that isn't the same as a sled.
>>
starting to /intermittentfast/ but i have a question:

should i lift heavy hours before i intend to start eating?
if so, what do if i get hungry?
just a bit of fruit for liver glycogen?
>>
>>35277908
for you my friend, i have devised a three step plan to success
>go to gym
>put plates on bar
>lift bar

enjoy your natty gains, friendo
>>
>tfw can press 1pl8 and can't bench 2pl8
why is my chest so goddamn weak?
everytime i bench, i only really feel it in my triceps.

at first i thought it was just because my tris were lacking, and once they would build strength my chest would start to take the load but...

my tris just keep pushing more and more weight.

what do?
>>
If you are in /skinnyfat/ mode, how you know when to cut or bulk?
>>
File: rep range table.png (92 KB, 1008x1008) Image search: [Google]
rep range table.png
92 KB, 1008x1008
>>35277658
>Is this achievable without a fight training?
absolutely, you can get that with barbell training.
you just won't have the cardio to actually fight.

if you are talking purely about aesthetics, yes.
you don't even need to raise the rep ranges, but if you do, make sure you up the training volume to compensate, or else you will be nogainz
>>
I have pain in my right shin when I pull my toes up toward my leg. I'm assuming it's shin splints or whatever but I've never had it before so I'm not sure. It hurt pretty bad the first two days but now it's only a mild ache. I have no idea what I did to disturb my shin, haven't ran, haven't lifted.
>>
>>35278456
Probably shin splints or an infection of one of the anterior shin muscles, go to a physical therapist
>>
>>35278154
>bulking above 15% bodyfat
never ever fall for this troll, son.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLBzVRrdKIs

the natty king will guide you. take you by the hand and show you the way.
>>
what's the most borderline legal thing I can buy to get me pumped at the gym. I find myself yawning and feeling tied before my 1st set is even done on my first exercise(out of 6-8). I think my test levels are just fucked.
>>
File: LowBackPiain.jpg (2 MB, 5616x3126) Image search: [Google]
LowBackPiain.jpg
2 MB, 5616x3126
>>35274583
fricked my low back squatting.
not to bad.not to good.
what do?
meant to lift tomorrow but idk.
should i take a week off and deload?
how do i rehab it?
>>
>>35278735
tired* and also sometimes depressed. It's like my body is on reverse steroids.
>>
>>35278750
deload. If it doesn't heal in 2 weeks, go to the chiropractor. Work on your form
Make sure to work on your mobility. Look up Defranco's Limber 11

>>35278735
get some preworkout. C4 works great.

>>35278154
lift at maintenance. You'll lose fat and gain muscle when you first start lifting for a while
>>
>>35278889
ive tried c4 it only made me sweat like a motherfucker for the 1st time i used it then didnt feel shit for the rest of the powder
>>
>>35278912
you can try Xplode as well.

if you want some crazy shit, get the original formula Jack3d

i used to drink coffee as a pre-workout but i save that for my mornings now
>>
>>35278930
and where would I get the original jack3d. Ive heard its banned in america since a bunch of dipshit jarheads overdosed on it
>>
I used the TDEE counter and i got 3443 calories

being 2943 for cutting, is that correct? i find its too much , always heard about 1500 diets and shit

im 6 f tall (1.83 m) 220 lbs (100 kg) and i go to the gym 4-5 times a week
>>
why there is no more DNP thread?
>>
Why does preworkout make my face itch?
I look like a fucking meth head in the gym when I paw at my face like a maniac
>>
>>35274583
the only people who can manage lifting 6 days a week are roiders and people with god tier genetics.
>>
How bad is 210lb squat 260lb dead? Give it to me straight lads.

I'm starting to stuff my face with chipotle, im tired of babby weight & no gains.
>>
>>35279079
idk dude I've done it a few times and im pretty shit. it's exhausting as shit tho and my body was in constant doms/recovery and stiff af when not exercising
>>
>>35279048
It might be the beta alanine. a common side affect is tingling/itching.
>>
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 480x360
Dont expect Ill get much solid advice from /fit/ but Ill give it a try and at least air my frustration.

Ive been lifting for a year now. Reached lmao3plaet squat for 3 after 6 months. Then I got chronic back pain so I stopped doing squats for 2-3, this didnt help but Ive managed to rid myself of of the back pain by stretching, foam rolling and doing lots of hamstring curls. Had to start over again on the squat at 1 plate. After only 3 sessions I got hip flexor tendonitis that I believe was caused from doing too many reps on the third session (Did Alan Thralls 50 reps). The tendonitis only seem to bother me when I squat with a wide stance, it can also become an issue on the bench press when I leg drive with my feet wide. I DL 4 plates for reps with a narrow stance and thats causing me no problems.
Tomorrow Im going to try for the first time to squat with a very narrow stance.
What Im worried about is that even though the squat (or DL for that matter) doesnt hurt, Im afraid that doing this will stop the tendonitis from healing.
Anyone here with hip flexor tendonitis? What to do? How did you fix it and should I continue squatting/DLing if I dont feel any pain related to exercises?

Thanks!
>>
>>35279048
Beta alanin.
If it tickles after youve taken the PWO more then 6-7 times youre taking too much PWO.
Solution: take less PWO
>>
>>35279185
>Tomorrow Im going to try for the first time to squat with a very narrow stance.
Full retard man. I bet you're not even doing lowbar squats. You should have listened to rippletits. Your heels are supposed to be shoulder width and your toes point out to where your knees go.
>>
>>35279003
How long have you been lifting bro? What are your stats on the 3 main lifts? Do you know your BF%?

>>35278750
Fix your form bro. It shouldnt be like that. Taking a week or two off wont help if youre just going to make the same mistakes when youre going back to the gym. Also make sure youre absoloutly sure the pain is caused from squatting and not something else.

>>35278152
Where are you weak on the bench?
If at the bottom do high reps pause reps. If at the top do high reps OHP. Or find some assistance exercises that worls for you.

>>35278087
IF is meme diet. Unless youre a lazy fuck or have something like a binging disorder I see no reason as to why youd restrict yourself to this 2000-and-late fad.
>>
1. Does anyone know a bodyweight routine geared towards aesthetics?
2. Do any of you know how I can rid of goddamn bacne?
>>
File: BcBthklCYAAsPXH.jpg (48 KB, 500x390) Image search: [Google]
BcBthklCYAAsPXH.jpg
48 KB, 500x390
Yo, I just got rear ended like an hour ago and the guy drove off motherfucker. I haven't been to the gym yet today, but my neck and back hurt...they've been a bit sore all week, so I don't know if the rear end actually fucked me up or if i'm just paying more attention to it now.

Anyways, question is, should I still work out tonight?
>>
File: image.jpg (70 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70 KB, 1280x720
>>35279244
I listened to ripletits (thank you btw) so Ive always squated low bar. The issue is that if I sit down with feet at shoulder width, toes and knees pointing out my tendonitis hurts. Rippetoes stance is too wide, therefore Im trying a narrower stance tomorrow.
The question is will this stop my tendonitis from healing even though it doesnt hurt? Does anyone have some slick ass tips on how to fix hip flexor tendonitis?

Going to try a stance like pick related. High bar obv.
>>
>>35279354 >>35278750

im certain its not to do with form although id give mine a 7/10.
this was a sudden thing. it happened during a set.
>>
>>35279354
>Where are you weak on the bench?
there isn't really much of a weak spot. i just can't throw up that much weight, and i am almost sure it is because my chest isn't working nearly as hard as you should.

also, if IF is a meme, why does natty king and overlord greg o'gallagher do it?
>>
>>35279395
absolutely.
deadlifts are the best pre-hab ever for spine and neck injuries.

also the best rehab.
just do more deadlifts.
>>
So do you guys still smoke dat mj despite going to the gym and getting/fit/?
I vape personally.

>Smoking weed
Everything in moderation, friends
>>
>>35279464
I don't know much about how to fix tendonitis.
I'd say to take a break from squats and read this
>https://www.t-nation.com/training/third-world-squat
and just slav squat for a while until it heals.
>>
how viable is it to do a program like SS while also cardio like Couch to 5k? I'm concerned i might end up over-doing it
>>
>>35279476
It probably has something to do with your form.
Im guessing exesive forward lean causing your butt to come up first at the bottom of the squat. Film yourself from the side and see if the plates rotates slightly forward. If they do even the slightes bit you have too much forward lean for the weight your lifting/strength.

If you squat low bar try squating high bar and see what happens.

If youre absoloutly 100% sure it has nothing to do with your form watch this video and see if it helps.
http://youtu.be/BEn61BL4Nwk
>>
>>35279540
Cardio is good for you. Just eat more. Your heart and lungs are just as important as your strength and there is no reason why you cant combine both as long as you make up for the calories you burn while training cardio by eating more. Unless youre cutting of course.
>>
>>35279393
Is anyone out there who can awnser me?
>>
File: 1407036614276.jpg (117 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1407036614276.jpg
117 KB, 1024x768
my doctor told me if im looking into getting fit i should invest into glutamine but usually i see everyone else getting creatine.

I'm not sure which one i should be getting if i'm a beginner.
>>
>>35279593
1) lift weights moran
2) stop taking scalding hot showers and/or consuming dairy
>>
>>35279580
I'm basically at square one, 6'1" and around 135lb so I guess I need to bulk up hardcore.
>>
Anyone have any good informative videos on how to do good pull-ups? The sticky has a little but I already know that and I've sucked at them forever.
>>
Is it weird to go to a gym to do body weight exercises?
>>
>>35279602
Dont take lifting advice from a doctor bro. To quote Dom Mazetti "They dont know shit about a body cause they dont got one". Advice from someone with years of experience in barbell training can be just as useful. I always consult my doctor first when I have lifting related problems, however Ive come to the conclusion that they rarely have the right answer.

Get some fucking creatine bro!
>>
Ive lost about 80 lbs of fat and looking to lose anywhere from 40-60. My stretch marks arent very noticeable.

Am I gonna be sagging or is it avoidable?
>>
File: sir.jpg (542 KB, 1800x2156) Image search: [Google]
sir.jpg
542 KB, 1800x2156
>>35279637
>>
>>35279637
Yes. My gym is crowded enough allready. If youre going to take up 2 square meters to do your fucking push ups please do so at home.

>>35279630
The Buff Dudes have pretty decent one.
To me it seems like its easier to progress in pull ups by adding weight rather then doing more reps. If you can do 5-8 pull ups but are struggeling to do more, try adding 5-10lb pl8 and see how it goes. Then add more weight rather then more reps if thats an issue.
>>
>>35279645
yea the PT at my gym said to take glutamine but all it does is increase recovery time? isnt having 8+ hours of sleep good enough already and if you weight train every other day.
>>
>>35279657
Is locking out just a meme? I thought the only reason not to lock out was so you're always working your muscles
>>
Thoughts on taking your protein drink during workout? will people silently judge me if im doing this? i dont like the shake i have and during training is the only time i feel like taking it.
>>
>>35279648
Youre approaching dangerous teritory mate. Its in the hands of genetics now.
If youre worried slow down the weight loss and maybe use the extra energy to make some strength gains.
>>
>>35279657
is there a new one for this year? I fucking loved last year's pic with julius meme
>>
>>35279697
>>35279697
Oh great its up to luck. But it sounds like if I sag it wont be that bad right?.... Right?

Another question how can you tell the difference between fat and loose skin? I dont think I have any yet...
>>
>>35279696
/fit/ would silently judge you, but /fit/ doesnt even lift so dont listen to them. It wont do anything for you at all unless youre >8hoursarmscmon so do whatever you want.

Ive always had unreasonable fear of my body spending energy on digesting the weigh protons rather then moving weights, so thats why I dont do it. However Im an idiot and this is broscience so dont care about this..

>>35279695
Depends on the exercise and your goals.
>>
>>35279747
Can you explain locking out further? Why/When would I want to lock out?
>>
File: image.jpg (174 KB, 682x1023) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
174 KB, 682x1023
>>35279726
Everything you cant pinch like pic related is not skin. If youre not sure wether its skin or fat, its probably fat.
>>
So after a year of lifting without getting anywhere I've decided to cut from 20-25% bodyfat to 12% bodyfat and then clean bulking to 200 lbs. Also, do you guys think having a weak core would hold me back on my lifts?
Because none of my lifts got any better throughout the year. I'm thinking it's a combination of shit diet and weak core but idk.
>>
>>35279678
Thanks!
>>
>>35279774
>>35279697
Thanks anon! I really hope I can make it
>>
how the fuck do I upgrade my push ups? I keep maxing out at 58-65 reps per set. Been like this for months. Im aiming for 100 to show off to my friend's little sister. I'm literally the only guy she talks to (since she hates her brother and father) and I like those odds. I still got 2 years to improve myself but I've stalled on all my lifts for the past 4 months. scary shit man. Have I hit my limit? do I really need to roid to breach my limits?
>>
>>35279838
Just pick her up and shit
>>
>>35279838
>do I need to roid to get to 100 pushups
no
>>
How can you tell how good your genetics are?
>>
I've had a pain in my upper butt for a long time, only on the left side. I'm assuming it's related to lifting with bad form.

What is it and how to fix?
>>
>>35279838
Spread your hands further apart on the ground, elevate your feet to make push ups more difficult, etc... put your hands on some stacks of phonebooks so you can lower yourself deeper, even. Do whatever you can to bump up the difficulty, and eventually even combine these techniques
>>
>>35279766
If youre a bodybuilder not locking out on some pressing exercises like the press or bench press can be beneficial for maximizing time under tensions and making more gains.
As youre asking this question this is most likely nit for you as youre not at the level where this is something you need to focus on.

On some leg press machines where youre pressing upwards I wouldnt lock out.
Besides that always lock out, but dont overexaghurate it, use your muscles, not your joints.

>>35279787
Weak core is wierd term. If your core really was weak you wouldnt be able to lift the weight. If you really think this is the issue sone can benefit from practicing the valsava maneuver and activly doing an exercise like ab roll outs 3-4 times per weak.

You probably have a shit diet and sleep to little. You might also have reached the point where you need to think about periodozation. If youre only lifting in the 3-5 rep range try adding some more reps to your program to make some size gains - a bigger muscle always have a higher strength potential then a small one.
>>
>>35279787
Stalled? Fix one (or more of)
1. Technique
FORM CHECK, POST THEM
2. Routine
POST IT
3. Diet/Sleep/Recovery

>>35279888
By checking your privilege

>>35279838
>roids
lol no
100 pushups is very achievable, even without great strength. There's sites like hundredpushups.com that can help

But get your technique right, then grease the groove. Do more pushups every day. Do more pushups in each set. Do pushups spaced throughout the day
It's pretty much just a matter of practicing, a lot. Not just in one session/day or whatever

>>35279696
You don't even need ot have a protein drink at all, if your diet is good.

>>35279711
First time on /fit/ for a while for this very purpose.
I guess it's best to check back around Christmas time

>>35279630
Technique or being able to do more?
Scooby has a good video on getting started with them and reaching 8 in a set.
Negatives are key if you are too weak at first. Just be careful with negatives and do them very controlled

>>35279602
You shouldn't get anything until you understand exactly what it does and how it can help (and if you even need it, which is not likely)
>>
>>35279912
See a doctor
Consider stretching if you haven't
>>
>>35279941
Thanks!
>>
>>35278498
I have been dieting for a long time now. So how long should my ''rest'' at maintenance be? English is not my first language, so I didn't noticed if he said an specific period of time.
Btw, thanks anon.
>>
Recently dialed back my workload a ton because 1.) I'm cutting and my endurance is low and 2.) I was sick of taking 2 hours in the gym with all the accessories i was doing.

Now doing nothing but a leg movement (squats or deads) a press (overhead or bench) and a pull (rows or chins), alternating, 3x/week.
Is suddenly dropping all my accessories and reducing my workload dramatically gonna affect my gains? Honestly with this setup I'm only in the gym for 30-45 minutes, I'm wondering if that's too little.
>>
im 21 years old, male, 180 cm height, what's my ideal weight? i dont want to be "big" per se, ripped, lean, shredded, not really familiar with the terminology, my amateur guess is 60-70kg
>>
are upright rows the only isolation exercise I need to develop rear delts?
>>
How do I fix my ulnar nerve entrapment? Was doing pushups earlier and it felt like my funny bone was being hit
>>
>>35280066
85kg IMO
>>
240 pound 6' fatty here, been training for about 5 months. How am I going?

Squat
115kg 5 x 5
Done a 3 plate squat as a ORM

Bench
80kg 5x4 (going for 5x5 today)
85kg ORM (done a while ago)

Deadlift
160kg 1 x 5
200kg ORM

Reasonable weights after that much training?
>>
240 pound 6' fatty here, been training for about 5 months using SL. How am I going?

Squat
115kg 5 x 5
Done a 3 plate squat as a ORM

Bench
80kg 5x4 (going for 5x5 today)
85kg ORM (done a while ago)

Deadlift
160kg 1 x 5
200kg ORM

Reasonable weights after that much training?

TL;DR r8 progress for 240 pound fatty training for 5 months
115/80/160 doing SL
>>
>>35280096
I used to have that and it really bothered me, what changed in me is:
I started eating at a surplus for the first time in my life
I stopped doing tricep isolations or any exercise that agitated it, I was still able to do compounds like dips and bench
After I gained like 15lbs of good weight and tried a tricep isolation, the problem was gone and has been gone

YouTube/Google ulnar nerve stretches or just google ulnar nerve popping

May I ask your height and weight and if you are double jointed?
>>
>>35280108
thanks for the reply though i can't see that myself, guess it's kind of impossible to answer "hey guys, what do i want?" basicly, anyway..
>>
>>35280182
187 cm, 84 kg
I don't know what double jointed is, but my forearm can extend slightly past 180 degrees which I figured was related
>>
>>35280086
Lots wrong here, be a bit embarrassed and go do more research

Upright rows are a pretty shit tier exercise in general. They don't even hit your rear delts, so no idea where you got that from.
And you should pay special attention to rear delts for posture and balance purposes, rather than try and skip them with an exercise that doesn't even use them

>>35280021
Accessory exercises kept you in the gym for 75-90 minutes?

>>35280129
>>35280138
Pretty good
Keep following your goals and staying consistent!

Work on how many times you hit that 'Post' button
>>
>>35280300
Extensive mobility work + dedicated forearm work + calves + abs EVERY SINGLE DAY plus core work sometimes.
So yes.
>>
>>35280324
>extensive mobility work
Try doing this on off days
Fuck, even stretch your lower body while you're resting from your upper body sets
>dedicated forearm work
lol
>calves and abs
Superset them. No reason to spend more than 10-15 minutes on this
>>
Are calisthenics better for strength training or weight loss? Or 50/50

Also how can you tell how good or bad your genetics are?
>>
>>35278087
black coffee and water until your eating window is open is what i do. if you need to workout, just drink some more coffee for dat natty energy. are you not supposed to workout while fasted? because that's what i've been doing and i haven't had a lack of strength or energy surprisingly. IF is working for me so far, i'm cutting down about 10-15 lb of fat and i've lost 2 lb in the past 2 weeks, so it's going pretty steady.
>>
>>35278152
wider grip, do accessories.
>>
>>35279509
i smoke, it helps me eat a shit load of food. it's also a pretty good way to just relax after a day of heavy lifting. i've only been lifting about a year so i don't think it's too bad right now, but i'm sure 2-3 years down the road it's not a good idea to get stoned every day.
>>
>>35279497
Just got back. Was deadlift today. I feel better but it could also be because I took an aleve beforehand soooo. I guess I'll feel either way tomorrow.
>>
File: SoRaIMp.gif (649 KB, 500x382) Image search: [Google]
SoRaIMp.gif
649 KB, 500x382
How do I incorporate front squats into my workout? Right now I'm doing SL with added accessories. Should I just replace say, squats on Wednesday with front squats or what?

>pic not related
>>
>Have been hearing a crunching noise whenever I put pressure on my left knee and bend it.
>Started SL about 3 months ago.
>Sound starts getting much worse.
>Makes very audible crunching whenever I bend it at all now.
>Go to Dr. and he says I shouldn't squat, deadlift or anything that'll put too much pressure on it anymore.

Anyone have any experience with something like this? The Dr. said I am probably developing arthritis in that knee. I'm only 22. Should I kill myself? I already have a helium tank and CPAP mask.
>>
>>35280428
Bump
>>
Would doing CHIN-UPS on my REST DAYS of ICF 3X5 while BULKing cause me to OVERTRAIN? I can only do 3-4 once and I want to do more.
>>
>>35280428
Read the sticky

It's hard to build strength with calisthenics, much easier with weight (progressive overload)
Although doable with increasingly harder movements, much less than ideal
>weight loss
You don't even need to exercise at all to lose weight
Read the sticky
>genetics
Been posted already, simply check your privilege

>>35280623
Replace the back squat on deadlift day with front squat, if you feel like this would be good for you
The front squat is a lighter squat then the back squat and will thus save you a little stress and energy (to carry on with your deadlift)

>>35280661
Any pain or soreness?
Form check?

>>35280788
Rest days are fucking rest days
Unless your goal is to just get your chinup count up (i.e. greasing the groove), leave them on your work days
Check out the use of negatives to help to do more (Scooby has a good video on this 'first pullup then 8 more'), or simply consider doing pulldowns until stronger

ICF is shit tier, btw
>>
>>35280849
Thanks man. I haven't done front squat in a long time, but gave it a go today looking for a solution in a muscle imbalance and bam I think it might do the trick.
>>
>>35280849
why is ICF shit tier ? I've been doing it for 1 month and seeing some gains.. do you think I should swap to something else and if so what's your opinion on PHAT? My lifts are at SQUAT:90kg, BP:50kg, OHP 40kg DL 105 ROW 57.5kg. I want to gain some size, I weigh 75kg and 171cm but I don't look fat, I think my frame is huge.
What routine would you suggest except SS or SL because I don't really care much about strength.
>>
>>35280866
Pick the program and stick with it Bro. All beginner programs are good for beginners. Re-evaluate after 6 months.

Jumping programs won't help, focus on nailing that specific program.
>>
>>35280892
Ok I will keep doing ICF then for a few more months, thank you.
>>
>>35280866
I agree with what the other guy said, consistency is key
But ICF has too much unnecessary sets and exercises (read: bullshit) in it. Bare bones with a few accessories is fine for a beginner

ICF is literally just
>be a big fat autistic retard with a fitness youtube channel
>take a solid template
>add a bunch of bullshit to it
>LOL EVERY EXERCISE ALWAYS
>publish
>continue running shitty youtube channel in retarded way while being totally autistic

But yeah, just keep at it man. Make 100% sure your focus is on the main compounds though
>>
File: 1444078850737.jpg (34 KB, 600x468) Image search: [Google]
1444078850737.jpg
34 KB, 600x468
Hey /fit/, which 4 day brosplit would you recommend to someone who has been lifting for strength on and off for 4+ years?
>>
>>35281027
Lifts/stats? Goals?
>>
>>35281027
5/3/1.
>>
Anyone tried this beginner routine?

http://newbie-fitness.blogspot.com/2007/01/stripped-5x5.html

How is it in comparison to the popular SS and SL?
>>
Fucking dumb question. I read the sticky but apparently got confused because fat clogged my brain-tubes.

Should I be doing SS and not SL? I've been struggling to do improve on SL the five weeks I've been lifting. I'm on a heavy deficit, if it matters.
>>
>>35281203
You will always struggle on a deficit.
That said, SS is better than SL, but as a beginner, it doesn't matter that much.
>>
>>35281229
Okay, thanks dud. And since I'm aiming for not-fat more than I'm going for aesthics, I'm doing C25K at the same time. This a good idea, or something I shouldn't do?
>>
>>35281068
>>35281132
150 kg (340?) squat, 180 diddylift (400), 120 bench (270), 74 (165) ohp are my 1rpm (pretty shit by /fit/ standards, but anyways), 1.90 mt (6´3 i guess) and 92 kg (205) and last time I measured bf like 6 weeks ago it was 16%, but I have been busy and not eating that good so i don't know right now.
Thing is I'm tired of doing strength routines, and I did lots of different routines, this last year I've been on and off wendel's 5/3/1 with the hypertrophy accesories (5x10 BBB is their name?), and I've gotten pretty good results, but I've reached the point in which my lifts have stalled and I'm losing motivation so I wanna try something different from what I've been doing all these years, just to keep my interest going on.
I don't take any kind of supplementation, not even protein powder, not because I'm against it, but I don't have much money to spend on stuff so I'd rather buy appropiate
>>
>>35281333
*eating well
*appropiate food
>>
I had a broken wrist that healed funny and couldn't get physical therapy done on because poorfag. Anyway it now gives me pain which I believe is tendonitis. This makes barbell and dumbbell curls almost impossible to do because of the pain. And is causing a strength/size difference between my biceps. I've tried some reverse grip exercises, but would really like to be doing normal curls too. Would straps help to make this more bearable? Any suggestions?
>>
>>35281308
Sure man. If you feel like you're dying either eat more or cardio less though. Cutting is suffering, but there's a difference in "blerhhh my energy levels are low and I'm always kinda hungry" and "i literally cannot do anything and i want to die"
>>
>>35281509
Have you tried hammer curls? If you can do deadlifts fine, try doing pull ups or pull up variety to work arms.
>>
Currently bulking, I suck at eating a lot (cleanly). I'm full as shit but still need 1,000 more calories before I go to bed. How do I into 1,000 calories without a lot of fat? I'm trying to maintain macros. Do I just have a couple servings of pro-teen powders? Shit sucks.

I would rely on nuts, but that's practically all fat.
>>
>>35274583
So I'm a little over a month in my diet, trying to lose about 100 pounds. 160 is my goal. To suffice my calorie intake, how many times should i drink protein? I'm thinking about one in the morning, one after working out and one before going to bed, or is that too much?
>>
>>35281774
>To suffice my calorie intake
Why are you calculating your calorie intake in protein alone?
eat your TDEE minus 500 like the sticky says, and make sure you fill your protein macro (but don't overdo it). That's it. There is no need to drink protein if you get enough of it through your proper food.
>>
>>35279544
i have somewhat of forward lean but thats unavoidable for my height/limb length.
ive got long limbs and tend to fold somewhat.
i used to squat low bar but am high bar now(155kg for 3x5 when i got injured)

thanks for the vid man, but he said if i pulled my back its irrelevent. i think it was more of an accident desu but i do have some lower back pain generally so ill try his advice.
>>
File: 1443954739333.jpg (49 KB, 540x405) Image search: [Google]
1443954739333.jpg
49 KB, 540x405
This is only slightly /fit/ related. I accidentally became a Chad, I think. Blogpost incoming.

I was a depressed fat fuck that lived with his parents. I was single for 5 years. I dropped 75 lbs, put on some muscle and got depression under control. I worked hard and bought a house with cash at 23. I'm 27 now.
I began to get female attention.

A girl at work, Amy, began flirting with me heavily. I joked around about friends with benefits, and she was very interested. I fucked her for months.

Not long after I met her, but just before I began tearing that ass up, she met Greg. Greg is my age. I swear he is what I would have become had I not actually tried to improve my life. He's fat, obnoxiously depressed, lives with his parents and behaves like a child. Greg plays the listener amazingly well, so he became fast friends with Amy. Greg fell for Amy. This seems standard. When a guy is lonely and a girl gives him attention, it happens. Amy wanted none of this. She valued Greg as a friend. He was friendzoned.
After a while, Greg figured out I was fucking Amy all the time. He was devastated. He started avoiding me at work. There was some drama where he'd refuse to attend social events I was present at, but Amy needed him there. He was a pain in my ass, but I was trying to be understanding.

After a few months of fucking, Amy and I think a relationship is a good idea. Greg gets even more furious. He begins talking shit about me at work, to my friends even. Amy convinces me to just let it go, but I am getting very tired of Greg's shit.
One person he was telling how much a douche I was to was my old friend Claire (older, with 4 kids). She just came back in town. She learned I had a girlfriend, and got very bold and admitted she is and was very attracted to me. I joke with her that Amy wouldn't mind a threesome, and she gets very excited. She has to think about it.
The next day, I learn her and Greg recently began fucking, completely non-noncommittally.
What should I do?
>>
any bros have experience with nootropics -- specifically modafinil? I accidentally took 2 (thought the 1st one was bunk, so I took another one; big mistake) and I've been up all night. Is it worth it to take another one to get through the upcoming day and just sleep it off later?
>>
File: 1242675719430.jpg (23 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1242675719430.jpg
23 KB, 320x240
I'm visiting my parents for 8 days.
Wont be able to go to the gym or take my weights with me. How do I keep from undoing all my progress? Will minimize my christmas food intake, but I'm worried that won't be enough.
>>
1.5g of creatine in my pre workout. Will this increase DHT by a noticeably amount?my grandpa and my moms brothers all have full thick hair but recede at the temples. no crown balding. Mines is going now

I'd rather take 1.5 longer years of my current hairline than 1.5 years of gains considering my goals.
>>
>>35282929
meant my temples are going. Crown still full and thick

>>
>>35282927
Bodyweight exercises. write down a simple routine and do it everyday. If they have watercans in the house, use those to replace stuff like dumbells
>>
>>35282927
>8 days
don't worry about it. enjoy the break.
>>
>>35283006
>>35283034
I'll do both. Thank you.
>>
>>35274583
Hey guys, is Orange juice healthy to drink? Ive read here that juice in general is an overall unhealthy alternative to drinking water.
>>
>>35280849
No form seems good and it's not hurting very much yet but it does feel a little off.
>>
I'm looking renew my gym membership soon and was wondering if i should change to a bigger gym with more equipment or if i should resign with anytime fitness my current gym is pretty small and doesnt have alot of people.
>>
>>35283137
There's a lot of sugar in fruit juices, but usually a lot of vitamins and other micros as well. If you can manage the simple carbs into your macros then it's fine for a bit of quick energy and good micros, just keep it in moderation.

For comparison, a pint of Guinness has fewer calories than a pint of OJ. Just keep that in mind.
>>
I have no gym and not enough money for equipment, so no SS for me. I ride my bike about 30 minutes per day. What are some excercises i can do at home? I have started to do some push ups and sit ups. I guess i should do squats as well.
>>
File: mangrillin.png (372 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
mangrillin.png
372 KB, 480x640
Okay here's a kinda stupid question.

What will happen if I don't eat enough but keep on lifting despite being at a low fat%? I obviously won't instantly die of it but won't be gaining muscle either. Do the muscles get stronger despite not gaining size? Do they get more vascular?

I'm doing my best at forcing food down my throat but I literally don't feel hunger and don't get really any satisfaction from eating. Even broteinshakes are starting to cause gagging reflexes. I'm not anorexic or bulimic, I know I should gain more weight and that I'm fully capable of it if I just ate more but even 15 minutes of cooking chicken breasts and rice feels like a chore when you're not hungry. ;_;
>>
Ok so I got a new routine and it includes standing calf raises, I've done seated calf raises and ones on the calf raise machine which is somewhat declined and I have never seen standing ones.
So I'm all like what is this standing calf raise you're talking about and it gives me this ,https://www.muscleandstrength.com/exercises/smith-machine-calf-raise.html, I'm just confused as fuck do I need the smith machine?
I mean it makes sense in that I can just push it up and down with my calves not having to worry about the balance but aren't calves the muscles that give you balance control in squats and such?
I mean it makes sense for calf isolation so should I just think of it as an isolation excersize and not worry about balance?

Should I not fall for the smith machine and just do it with free weights?

Somebody help I'm confused.
>>
>>35283572
You will remain at roughly the same size and continue to get stronger. But these strength gains will be slower and slower and harder and harder to come by. Up until a point where you will need some really clever programming, perseverance, and probably also a really good diet (even if somewhat low in energy intake) in order to make any further progress.

It's terribly ineffective.

>>35283652
Special standing calf raise machines do exist but doing them on a Smith machine works just as well, if you can find a block of sorts to step on.
Doing it with a free barbell is neither practical nor safe. It's one thing to get up on your toes but when you lower yourself balancing issues are going to compromise the weight so much you won't get much of a training effect.

On a semi related note, the Smith machine does have its uses.
>>
Thinking of cutting for a week or two while I'm injured. I can't work lower body but I can work upper. I was previously bulking but got a bit chubby, will resume bulking when healed and can lift lower body again.

Is this a horrible idea?
>>
>>35284119
You should eat to maintain so you don't lose too much muscle mass.
Cutting will cut down on muscle mass and bulking without lifting would be stupid, you'll probably lose somewhat on your lifts maybe eat at a 100-200 surplus to help recovery but I dunno if that really helps.
>>
I've been stuck on 72.5 kg on squat for almost 2 weeks. Today I couldn't even do 72.5 kg and I had to deload. What's my fucking problem?
>>
My gym doesn't have decline benches, do you just use incline benches and put yourself upside down?
>>
File: .jpg (54 KB, 575x853) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
54 KB, 575x853
I've been lifting for almost 2 months now, and I noticed that in the beginning I used to get DORM's quite often (which is a good thing, in my opinion).

Now, I never have any kind of ache the next day. What should I do? Increase reps? Lift heavier?

Thanks
>>
>>35284264
Nothing, it's normal to stop having DOMS.
>>
>>35284282
But it feels like I haven't accomplished anything the previous day, you know?
>>
>>35284300
Yeah I know the feeling but you have as long as you made progress on reps or weight lifted. I haven't had doms in a long time and I've continued to build muscle.
>>
>>35284202
Well it's a little hard to help you when you provide ZERO information about what you've been doing and how you train.

>>35284237
>do you just use incline benches and put yourself upside down?
I actually laughed. No you most definitely do not. You don't really need decline benches anyway.

>>35284300
All DOMS says is that you did something you weren't accustomed to.
DOMS is not an indicator of a good workout.

"Chase performance, not fatigue".
>>
>>35284399
Thanks senpai
>>
Guys help me out please!

>3x week I do 40min cardio + lifting
>3x week (days I don't lift) 60 min cardio
>Cutting (need to lose 8kg)

These are my macros:
>Fat: 40grs = 360 cal
>Prots: 100grs = 400 cal
>Carbs:160grs = 640 cal
>Total: 1400 cal

My TDEE is 2600 calories and I'm eating 1400-1500 calories on average... I think I'm eating too little, is it okay if I increase the carbs I eat to 250 so I can reach 1750-1800 calories? or is it too much carbs??
>>
/fit/ if you had HIV would you an hero?

I may have it and I'm shitting bricks. I'm genuinely thinking if I have it I might end it all.
>>
>>35284427
You don't have to be so scared of carbs when you're not on the verge of developing diabetes. Besides, you'll kind of need the carbs with all that cardio.

>>35284435
You're afraid of dying so you want to die?
>>
>>35284399
Sorry. 1.83m, 69 kg. Been doing ICF for 3 months. Squat stuck at 72.5kg, on a bulk. What else do you need?
>>
>>35284435
they are on the verge of curing it so I wouldn't but I would also never fuck a whore without a condom, then again I'm a kv *tips fedora*
>>
>>35284456
Well then you simply deload and gradually work yourself back up. Your should surpass the point where you're stalling now.
If you keep stalling (unlikely) and you're eating enough, you will have to change somehting about your routine - or perhaps the entire program.
>>
>>35284452
No it's not the death.
It's just how horribly it changes you life. I wouldn't have a normal life, how the hell would I have a girlfriend? My gains will leave me and life will be suffering.
>>35284466
Checked.
Yeah I fucked up. I'm sweating bullets waiting for the test to come back.
Do they run the test multiple times to be sure not to get false readings or do I have to go back for more to double check?

Hold me /fit/
>>
Someone let it slip they got me an exercise ball for christmas.

What the fuck can I even do with it? I think I only ever did it for crunches/planks
>>
>>35284499
You can sit on it when you're at your computer. Good for your posture.

Generally a pretty worthless tool though.
>>
I grill all the chicken breast I have but I am not sure if there is enough calories there, I usually have 400-500 calories and I am not sure if it's enough. I use myfitnesspal and its between 130-160 and I am not sure if it true? Can anyone tell me exactly how many protons are in 100g of grilled boneless chicken breast?
>>
>>35284476
What if it's not only the squat that's stalling but all the compounds?
>>
>>35284535
Time for a new program. You can only keep up such a fast progression scheme for so long. Your glory days of beginner routines are over. Gains will start to become harder to come by.

This is assuming you're not messing up something else of course, such as not sleeping enough every night, getting drunk all the time, not eating enough, being stressed the fuck out all the time or something else that can negatively affect your training.
>>
>>35284435
go to the doctor and get PREP-treatment. If you have just recently been exposed to infection this will prevent you from getting the disease. Good luck.
>>
>>35284559
Well, aren't my lifts pretty low for an intermediate lifter? I bench 47.5 kg..
I have been stressed lately because of school. Anything I can do? It's not like I can stop studying.
>>
>>35284534
>100g of grilled boneless chicken breast?
Closer to 100 calories than 150.

>>35284574
>aren't my lifts pretty low for an intermediate lifter?
Impossible to say. The difference between one individual and another is huge. Some people bench 2 plates within six months, other people need six months just to learn how to move properly. You probably fit in somewhere between those two extremes.
>>
>>35284596
and does 100g of grilled chicken breast have 30g of proteins? I've been finding some different information on some websites and I want to be sure I get enough protein.
>>
>>35284616
>does 100g of grilled chicken breast have 30g of proteins?
Closer to 20g
>>
Doing SL while cutting. Y or N
>>
are rear delt raises safe, particularly for the shoulder joint? Are there versions that are safer than others?
>>
I've got an injured left hip. What leg exercises can I do that won't aggravate it?
>>
>>35279997
bump

Also, the sticky is broken. Is there another reliable calculator for maintenance calories besides Scooby's?
>>
File: dnp GUIDE.jpg (2 MB, 3060x1748) Image search: [Google]
dnp GUIDE.jpg
2 MB, 3060x1748
Is it okay to do both high and low intensity exercises for thr same muscle group in one workout?
For example: 90% OHP + push ups.
>>
>>35284673
Yes, but at some point progress will become difficult.
Don't cut too hard.

>>35284680
Absolutely. They'll do good things for your shoulder health if you're like most people.

>>35284749
Sure.
>>
been feeling a bit of pain when doing incline DB or BB press at heaviest I can push on my left shoulder/ collarbone, its more like a pop that happens like a tendon. It makes me stall in progress on weight, Its nothing major but what could it be? rotator cuff?

I dont have it on OHP or flat bench
>>
>>35274583
If I run PHUL and I am only bench once a week for 5 reps, can I expect good strength gains on it?
Right now I am benching twice a week on Lyle Mcdonalds bulking routine and I am making pretty good gains on the bench.
Should I bench twice on PHUL too?
>>
How long should a cut last in order for my metabolism and hormones to not be fucked up?
>>
>>35285287
u w0t?
>>
I'm coming down with a cold do I still work out today or should I just sleep and pound fluids. I wanna get better by Saturday cuz I have a date
>>
I was calculating my calories using the sticky formula.

138.89*15=2083

However, the sticky also recommended Scooby's calculator. I looked up at my TDEE and it said 2323. Which one is correct?
>>
Is there a difference in difficulty with benches press techniques? Like say two guys trained bench for a year, one dumbell one barbell. Would they have the same bench at the end of the year?
>>
>>35282653

Nothing. Just stand back and watch Greg shoot himself in the foot.
>>
I got a minor left shoulder injury while doing OHP. I'm seriously, actually DYEL: I was pressing like 65 lbs because I'm just starting to get off the internet for the first time in years. I know it's not just regular muscle soreness though, so what does /fit/ think I should do? Completely stop OHP until I'm healed? Reduce press weight and continue?

It's minor but I'd like to not aggravate it and make it moderate.
>>
Hi
I'm quite the beginner and I'm still kinda fat but I read the sticky and I've been doing great so far. I started dieting, SS and have been doing cardio every day.

But after re-reading some stuff I learned that rest days are actually important to build muscle and keep it steady. So my question is, should I be going to gym 3 times a week or just take a day off for every day I worked out? Because I feel so bad when I don't go to the gym specially because my muscles don't really hurt anymore. It used to hurt a lot but now I don't feel it as much.

Anyways hope I'm not being confusing here. I just want to know if I should respect rest days even though I'm just a beginner and my weights are still pretty low.
>>
>>35285396
bump
>>
>>35285396
Nobody knows. They're all different
>>
>>35285655
Which one would you follow? I noticed that scooby's app gave a diferent conversion than google. (I put my weight on kilos)
>>
1. Stalling on chinups during bulking - should I care, if my mass goes up (0.5 lbs / week)

2. Spirulina - does it work and is worth trying?
>>
>>35285690
Do you fear getting fat or not?
>>
>>35285781
Yes, so I was thinking of using the lower one. However, other calculators give me 2300 too so that one looks more reliable.
>>
>>35274583
I've got a pain in my lower back after squatting, should I leave squats out tomorrow to compensate?
>>
What's the minimum amount of calories I HAVE to eat?

I want to start eating Shitake noodles for meals with a bit of meat or something mixed in, I need to lose weight but between studying and free time I am kind of fucked
>>
>>35285857
Sounds good. Go 2300.
>>
>>35285881
>What's the minimum amount of calories I HAVE to eat?
To survive at all or to not be an idiot? Anorexics handle no food just fine breh.
>>
>>35285892
ayyy lmao

I was thinking of 800 a day?
>>
>>35285509
Do the "back to wall shoulder flexion test" (google it) to check if you have the prerequisite mobility to safely perform overhead presses.
Anyway, do not push through pain. It will only get worse.

>>35285581
You will need rest days in between your lifting sessions. Whether or not cardio on your rest days will hinder progress is hard to tell, but it probably won't.

Regarding your muscles hurting after training, this is called DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) and it's not really an indicator of whether or not you had a good workout. All it means is that you did something you weren't used to doing. As you get used to the exercises you're doing, you will experience less and less soreness.
But you will still make progress.

>>35285868
If you sprained something, give it rest.
If it starts to happen often, check your form.

>>35285910
>800 a day?
Extremely shitty idea. For many reasons.
>>
File: 1449364959749.jpg (225 KB, 800x1041) Image search: [Google]
1449364959749.jpg
225 KB, 800x1041
How to achieve pic rel?
>>
>>35285918
hmm, I want to know the least amount of calories I can eat, if I am on a diet of those fucking noodles I don't know how much of my daily meals can be noodles and how much can be normal food
>>
>>35285938
You can't. Except by freaky coincidence.
All you can do is train to increase your muscle mass and eat right to lower your bodyfat percentage. But how you will end up looking is going to depend a lot on your individual genetics.

>>35285965
>I want to know the least amount of calories I can eat
The least amount you can eat without, what? Dying? Losing weight? Becoming deficient in something? Being an idiot?
>>
>>35285995
losing weight........ 2 pound a week.

Base metabolic rate is 1800 so what is 1000 a day ok?
>>
File: 1.png (94 KB, 284x135) Image search: [Google]
1.png
94 KB, 284x135
do my knees look normal? It always looked to me as though I've dislocated something
>>
>>35285918
Thank you dude, resting still makes me restless but I'm gonna trust the sticky on it and sit my ass at home instead of doing stuff. Better be safe than sorry. I don't want to hurt myself.
>>
What is the main difference between the white and black PHIR routines? Who should be choosing which one?
>>
Am I gonna lose all my gains if I stop taking creatine for a week or two?
>>
>>35286201
No. Might loose some waterweight but that's it.
>>
Certified fat fuck here, my girlfriend left me because I'm in no way attractive due to my obesity.

I eat about 3000 cal a day, how should i cut down? even eating pasta rice and crap my stomach is huge I still eat around 3,000
>>
>>35286316
calculate your TDEE. eat 500 calories below that.
>>
How much weight should I gain every week on a normal bulk?
>>
where is the best place to buy protein online (UK)
>>
>>35286316
How fat are we talking about?
How much do you weight, and also height and age?
>>
>>35286482
161 cm
110kg
20 y/o
>>
>>35286316
Wait, are you under the impression that pasta is a good food choice for someone who wants to lose weight?

>>35286466
Myprotein

>>35286367
No more than half a kg. Less is better but on the other hand it becomes so little that it's hard to see from week to week.
>>
>>35286546
p-pasta?

n-no..
>>
>>35286502
Oh shit son, what are you doing

Your goal weight should be around 60 kgs, and that would be a VERY muscular 60 kgs.
1900 calories per day, if you've got money to burn go for 110g of protein per day, if you're a poorfag you could do with less than that, but it doesn't hurt a thing.
If you keep it up, by 2017 you'll hit that goal weight.
Start a conditioning routine NOW. It's going to suck. I suggest hill sprints and jumping rope, but that's up to your preference. After a week or so, hit the weights, do SS.
It's going to FUCKING SUCK, and you'll be cutting quite hard at the same time, you won't see as much progress as fast as the others.
But like that you'll get back to normal as fast as possible.
>>
File: h.jpg (6 KB, 270x200) Image search: [Google]
h.jpg
6 KB, 270x200
>>35286593
o7
>>
>>35286048
plas halp
>>
>>35286614
Sorry for the authoritarian tone, but man, 50kgs over the strength-athlete-mode weight is just morbid.
>>
What should my macros be if I'm cutting, trying to lose weight, lifting 3x week and doing at least 40-60 min of cardio every day (monday to saturday)???
>>
>>35286568
You could, in theory, cut on chicken breast and pasta...
355 grams of chicken and 1055 grams of pasta per day.
and nothing else, at all.
>>
>>35286787
- and be deficient in a bunch of important micronutrients...
>>
Started working out seriously a couple of months back, everything feels great but my legs are shitty and prone to injury. I've got a foam roller and I've started stretching daily, anything else I can do to avoid them acting up? Had to cut out squats for a while due to pain in my quads, and taken a break up until recently from running cause of injuring my calf.
>>
File: 1435932722216.png (83 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1435932722216.png
83 KB, 500x500
>>35286787
As long as you don't mind being constipated and malnourished.
>>
>>35286796
It goes without saying.
And also, pasta with no condiment at all kinda sucks.
But, considering that a portion of pasta is 80g, you could eat a portion for lunch and one for dinner, without exceeding 2k calories.
>>
>>35286805
Pain in your quads? That's not a very common problem.
You're not just talking about soreness, are you?
>>
>>35286764
1.5-1.8g of protein per kg, even split (but it doesn't really matter, as long as you don't go too low on either) fats and carbs for the remaining calories.
For the total calories, use the TDEE (you're still lightly active at best) and take away a couple hundreds, as usual.
>>
>>35286855
No, it was always in my right leg. It always felt more sore/tender after a workout, and the muscle also felt really tight compared to my other leg. Last time I did squats I felt a weird jolt up my right leg so I haven't done them since that.
>>
Okay here is a retarded question. For TDEE calculations, would you still consider me sedentary with an office job but I work out for 1.5 hours 3 days a week with a slight sprint session on Sunday?

What if I added cardio on T/TH to the mix.
>>
Help me brahs.
I did SS now for like 2-3 months and my lifts went up pretty good.
I want a new program now. However I can go to the gym just 3 times a week. I wanted to do PPL, but it is a 6day a week routine. Can you recommend me a good 3 days routine? Hypertrophy routines are welcome...
>>
When learning how to do pull-ups, it is a good strategy to every day try to get a few reps in trying to get as high as possible or is that retarded.
>>
File: 20151217_141651.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20151217_141651.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
Is it body fat or gyno? Also is there loose skin or is it just me?
>>
>>35286991
Lifting weights (without being an athlete) counts as light activity
>>
>>35286993
Texas Method.
Establish you 5rm, then drop to your 10rm and build on that instead. You'll blow up.
>>
>>35286967
Sounds like something I would get looked at by a professional.

>>35286991
Pretty much.

>>35286993
If you can only go 3 times a week, a fullbody setup is ideal. That doesn't mean you have to do some low volume, strength focused routine though. Fullbody training is very flexible.
You can set it up in literally endless ways. Just make sure it's reasonably balanced in terms of exercise selection, pick a suitable rep range for your goal, and crank up the volume.

If you want an example, say so.

>>35287029
It works well. I recommend stretching your lats daily though, as they have an awful tendency of becoming tight, which can ruin your shoulder mobility.
>>
Here is another stupid question.

If I'm taking creatine and cutting. Will my weight remain the same for a week or two? I have experienced no progress (1-2lb decrease) for a week or two since I started taking creatine. Is this water weight counteracting the fat loss?
>>
>>35287099
>Is this water weight counteracting the fat loss?
Can easily be the case. In general, creatine supplementation or not, weight loss is rarely a linear process. Sometimes your weight will seem to have plateaued for 3 weeks and then you suddenly drop 4 pounds all at once.
Water retention is weird like that.
>>
>>35287036
Bump
>>
>>35287138
Not gyno.
>>
>>35287118
Thanks mate. I have goals set that I am desperately trying to obtain. I just want to make sure I'm on the right track weekly and not fucking shit up for myself
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 33

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.